#101 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

Notice:
There is an incompatibility between LSML and Java 8. Until it is resolved, users are recommended to stick with Java 7.

#102 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

is that incompatibility the reason my LSML sometimes stops responding when i try to use the arrows to change armor in the current build?Or is that a problem on my end?

#103 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Uh I know there is a performance issue that at the start the armor arrows are slow (by slow I mean maybe 1-200ms per click on my computer, I wouldn't call it unresponsive) but this goes away after holding the arrow down for a few seconds as the JIT compiler optimizes that code path. I guess you could be seeing an extreme version of this... I can't say for sure.

If you are using java 8, I would try with java 7 instead as java 8 is still early in it's life and may still be plagued by bugs.

LSML 1.5.0 Lonely Lunatics

https://github.com/E...eases/tag/1.5.0

New features:
* Automatic distribution of armor in half-ton quantities. Just drag the slider to get as much or little armor you want. Also has a slider for ratio of front-to-back armor. Don't worry, you can still do your armor manually if you want to, simply enter the armor values as you have always done and it will leave them alone.
* Item smart-place. When you double click to place an item you can have LSML try to juggle your equipment around in an effort to try to fit your wanted weapon. This behavior can be disabled from the preferences panel.
* Equipment buffering help. Hover your mouse over an equipped item for half a second and a tool tip will show you how susceptible to critical hits that item is and the probability that the item will survive until the component is destroyed.
* The offense section in the loadout info has seen the addition of a burst damage display. Set the time drop-down to the time you plan to be engaged with the enemy before disengaging and make sure your time to overheat is longer than this time, then the burst damage will accurately show how much damage you can dish out under optimal conditions.
* The loadout information now shows "time to cool down".
* Compact mode, makes LSML usable on down to 1024x768 displays. Enable it from the preferences dialog.
* A new status bar that will show messages that are not worthy of a popup but nonetheless important.
* Batch import of your loadouts from your mechbay on mwo.smurfy-net.de.
* Export of loadouts to public mwo.smurfy-net.de (no support for uploads to your mechbay yet)
* Components with missile bay doors now show an icon to indicate that there are missile bay doors.
* LSML can now use a bundled data cache if no game install is available (#270) as a side effect, startup times have become shorter!

Improvements:
* Time to overheat accuracy has been drastically improved (it now performs a heat simulation instead of a rough asymptotic approximation). My testing on testing grounds shows that it's accurate to within 0.2 seconds (i.e. my reaction time with a stopwatch lol).
* Multiple changes to armor on a component will now be coalesced into a single undo action, no more pressing undo 300 times after adjusting armor.
* Give a warning on the status bar if trying to equip C.A.S.E. with XL engine.
* Special variants of mechs (Champion, Phoenix, Founder, Sarah etc) can now be hidden from display (your loadouts based on these chassis will still be visible of course).
* The loadout frame now shows component internal structure HP in the component title.

+ Bugfixes

Edited by Li Song, 07 May 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#104 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

Hello McValium,
Can you please ask Li Song to contact us directly please? In order to be able to provide a proper response it would help to be able to have a more direct contact with Li Song. Otherwise the best I can offer is that this particular info is in the gamedata.pak.
Thanks!
Reppu
Customer Service Supervisor
MechWarrior® Online™

So i Guess both of you 3rd Party Devs should get into Contact with em to get the best possible Solution for you ^_^

#105 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

@McValium
Do you have a support ticked ID that I could reference?

Also:

LSML 1.5.1 Juvenile Java
This release only fixes the Java 8 incompatibility previously reported. If you're not looking to upgrade to Java 8, there is no need to upgrade. Oh and my initial impression is that Java 8 gives a performance improvement over Java 7 so it may be worth upgrading for some.
You can find it in the usual spot: http://li-soft.org

Edited by Li Song, 07 May 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#106 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

#120601 should be the Ticket ID
12.57 AM

#107 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

Just a quick bug report? When using the auto allocation slider in 1.5 and then adjusting the values via normal incrementation to fine tune the weight allowance does not get updated to prevent over allocation of armour values. There is no limit.

However using the armour allocation slider as designed is very functional indeed and a very nice addition to Li Song. Thanks, it speeds up the process of armouring up your mech.

#108 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

@Hammerhai can you please give me clear steps to reproduce your issues together with actual result and expected result?

Due to upcoming changes to the game files (http://mwomercs.com/...l-data-changes/) LSML versions prior to 1.5.0 will cease to function.

Versions 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 will continue to function but quietly fail to update content due to a miss on my side (it should inform that the parsing failed and an update is required, instead of silently continuing like if every thing was working). I will prepare a 1.5.2 bug fix release to resolve this as soon as I can.

#109 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...l-data-changes/

Lets hope that helps you guys out a bit :)

#110 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:58 AM

Step 1: Fit out Mech with Loadout.
Step 2: Armour up to within half a ton of allowable maximum using the slider. (Note this is when you cannot run max armour, but want the maximum possible.
Step 3: Update individual sections, say RT Front, by using the radio button on the section rather than the slider in order to get the absolute maximum armour allowed.
Step 4: Expected result is that incrementation via radio buttons updates the allowable maximum weight and prevents over allocation of armour values and exceeding mech gross weight allowance.

Actual result: The section, say RT Front, increments armour value without updating max weight, and this can continue to values of 40+ tested, probably infinitely. Max allowable weight and the indvidual section limits are not updated or checked at all.

Reproducible 100%.

To put it another way: When using the slider you will never get closer to max than within half a ton (expected behaviour), but weight limitations fail when updating via arrows on the section tweaked to use up that final half ton after using the slider

Edited by Hammerhai, 06 May 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#111 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

@Hammerhai

I can not reproduce your issue.

1) Load: http://t.li-soft.org...5MAUggScnJik%3D
2) Click reset Manually set armor
3) Keep pressing RT up armor this adds over 2 tons of armor, armor points are automatically removed from other locations to meet the set armor tonnage limit as expected.

What am I doing differently?

#112 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

Ah, I did not know that is how it works. I assumed that when you get within half a ton of the absolute maximum, you can add the remaining unallocated armour points (should be 16) manually on top, rather than have the mech lab rebalance from the currently allocated armour points.

For some reason I did not have an exact half ton left over, but a few points less. Leaving me with just a tiny bit of spare tonnage which I wanted to fill up. And I was wondering why the tonnage limit would not increase as I added armour, and not seeing it auto rebalance.

At least that is how I recall it. I am now entirely unsure what I did before experimenting with the slider. I will try and figure out what IO error happened there. For the time being I think it is safe to assume there is no bug, and the slider is working as intended then

#113 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

I see, if you find a repeatable case please submit a bug report as per this page: https://github.com/EmilyBjoerk/lsml/wiki/Reporting-Issues

In unrelated news:

LSML 1.5.2 Xtravagant XML
Get it in the usual spot: https://github.com/E...k/lsml/releases

Fixes parsing of game files since last patch. Every one should upgrade, even though 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 still function, they will silently fail to parse the new game data leaving you with out-of-date information. This version will inform you to update when the parsing fails.

Edited by Li Song, 07 May 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#114 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

Due to http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3380004 LSML will fail to parse the game files. A data cache was implemented in release 1.5.0 to let LSML function even if this happened. Unfortunately I didn't anticipate PGI nuking itemstats.xml... So bug 282 ( https://github.com/E...lsml/issues/282 ) is preventing the cache from functioning. 

A fix will be out today or tomorrow.

#115 Wraith0177

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 34 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

Looks like a great tool, but I'm still getting the Failed to find sought for file error on the 1.5.2 build. Bug report text from crash window emailed per instructions to lisongmechlab@gmail.com

Edited by Wraith0177, 21 May 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#116 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

View PostWraith0177, on 20 May 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

Looks like a great tool, but I'm still getting the Failed to find sought for file error on the 1.5.2 build. Bug report text from crash window emailed per instructions to lisongmechlab@gmail.com

As LiSong already wrote, will be fixed with 1.5.3, which she releases today or tomorrow.

#117 Wraith0177

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 34 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:45 AM

My apologies. When I followed the link listed in the message above, it said it had been fixed and committed. I misunderstood.

View Postsmurfynet, on 21 May 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

As LiSong already wrote, will be fixed with 1.5.3, which she releases today or tomorrow.

#118 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

The data cache bug has been fixed, commited but not released yet. Fix for parsing of game files... working on that.

Edited by Li Song, 21 May 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#119 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

LSML 1.5.3 Crocked Creeps

Download and notes at the usual spot: https://github.com/E...k/lsml/releases

Bug fixes
* #283 Fail to parse game data due to recent XML changes.
* #282 LSML would fail to fall back on bundled game data if files were missing inside a game install that was found.
* #281 Some times smart place would wrongly show XL engines as "possibly placeable" when they were infact clearly impossible.
* #280 Turn speed calculation has been updated to use the correct formula provided by Karl Berg.
* #279 Burst damage calculation for U-AC/5 now takes double fire + jam probability into account, verified in game. U-AC/5 sustained DPS damage calculation was also wrong and has been corrected and verified.
* #278 Some times switching between DHS and SHS didn't update heat values.
* #277 Importing malformed LSML links generates a more informative message.
* #276 Tooltip for "Use Bundled Data" corrected

Edited by Li Song, 21 May 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#120 Wraith0177

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 34 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

Finally got to play with this. This is an AWESOME tool, all of Smurfy's features offline, plus map-specific heat statistics. Thanks Li Song for a great resource.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users