211 replies to this topic

#1 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

Who would win when you put Pacific Rim, MechWarrior, Star Wars, Halo, and Star Trek in the same ring? Any factions allowed, and don't only base your analysis on size (I only included Star Trek because of it's [advanced] weapons)!

Re-added Halo.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 03 October 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#2 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Okay. I'll go first. I personally think Star Trek would win.

#3 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

Lets see.... Mechwarrior has Mechs that can cover a planet and own the highground pretty well...

Star Trek has Starships that can just blast those mechs from Orbit...

Star Wars has Death Star.... that blows up Planets....

Halo has the Halo Rings... which can WIPE out ALL Life in the ENTIRE GALAXY...

================================================================================================

Personally I think the Halo Rings get activated... kills all FLESH LIFE in a Galaxy.... and then Data from Star Trek and the Droids from Star Wars would have fun piloting the crapload of mechs left everywhere and have cool tournaments and prizes...

so Mechwarrior WINS!

#4 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Have you seen the Star Trek torpedo weapons (and Q)? Those things would blow the {Scrap} out of the rings five times over. And Master Chief. Nuff said lol.

View PostNiko Snow, on 24 September 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now I'll grant ST and SW may have some black water naval superiority, but they'll never take a planet protected by my Commando.

Mech's do have a ground advantage. And a HUGE one at that. But without trade routs and HPGs things get tricky.

*your commando would blow up a Star Fleet cruiser if it could get up that far.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 25 September 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#5 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Star wars has far better resources and fire power for anything else to fight back. Heck, if they can't take over a planet controlled by mechs, the death star will just blow it up! :)

#6 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostStingray1234, on 25 September 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Star wars has far better resources and fire power for anything else to fight back. Heck, if they can't take over a planet controlled by mechs, the death star will just blow it up! :huh:

The Death Star blew up.

#7 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 26 September 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

The Death Star blew up.

c'mon, they built another one after it blew up........err, and it blew up too......but hey, why not just build a third one?

#8 Garonis Buhallin

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

They Kinda did... in the books the Imperials had a Deathstar class weapon laying around... i believe it was called a darksaber or somesuch

#9 Kitane

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

The God Emperor Of Mankind is not impressed with your candidates, OP.

#10 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostStingray1234, on 26 September 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

c'mon, they built another one after it blew up........err, and it blew up too......but hey, why not just build a third one?

Cause it would blow up from a Halo/MW/Star Trek ship.

View PostGrymmbolt, on 26 September 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

They Kinda did... in the books the Imperials had a Deathstar class weapon laying around... i believe it was called a darksaber or somesuch

We exclude Halo ships/Star Trek ships (and even MW jumpships). A few Gravimetric torpedo would destroy a Darksaber fast..

Gravimetric torpedoes are torpedoes used by the Borg. The weapon emits a complex phase variance of gravitons to create a gravimetric distortion capable of tearing starships apart.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 27 September 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#11 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostKitane, on 26 September 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

The God Emperor Of Mankind is not impressed with your candidates, OP.

The Imperium could take them all on at once, over the weekend.

Side note, the first demo for the new 40k game from Slitherine will be shown on the 29th. Panzer General + 40K makes my pants very, very hapypy.

Edited by Screech, 27 September 2013 - 06:41 AM.

#12 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

http://spacehulk-deathwing.com/

1st person shooter - space hulk - terminator armor.

/thread

Edited by Hillslam, 27 September 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#13 Darramouss

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

I think Star Trek would kick ***. When it comes to MMOs, however, MWO is far superior to STO. STO has turned in to a money grabbing exercise where pay 2 win is beconing rampant. The power creep wrecks things that you bought last year.

I love how you can buy a hero mech and it's not better, it's just different.

#14 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Posted Image

#15 El Space Doctor

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Let's see. Star Trek would have a mild ear infection three weeks prior to the show down and cancel. However, somehow it would make William Shatner seem even more glorious. Halo wouldn't really participate because what is this halo thing anyway? Star Wars could come close to winning but then get stuck to it's greatest triumph when the guy with a giant helmet gets stuck playing with a pod door as there was no way to improve on it, to deliver the final blow, as it were. All this would be much celebrated, but since the stars would now be missing the wars featured on their paperwork for this tournament, it would be disqualified. And MW would decide participating in all of this is not in the interest of it's target demographic anymore and would instead get into volleyball where it would get a minor victory agains the swedish national team but lose horribly to a bunch of drunken germans in wheel chairs.

#16 Colby Boucher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Depends... If you are counting the entire HALO universe as one team, around the time of Halo 4, you would have one huge army. That many spartains, along with the entire covenant military force, and the remaining forunner constructs...

But then again, Star Wars = Jedi... whom could slice right through a Spartan or battlemech, as well as the rest of the Star Wars galaxy

But a far as Battletech's concerned, mech beats everything

Honestly I think Starfleet would run around trying to negotiate a truce (nothing against Star Trek, it's awesome)

GAH, my head hurts

#17 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostGrymmbolt, on 26 September 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

Yeah that was pretty much just the Super laser, A Hutt crime lord stole the death Star blueprints and build the Darksaber so he could extort money from planets. "Nice World you have there,would be a shame if anything would happen to it" http://starwars.wiki.../wiki/DarkSaber

Edited by Fabe, 04 October 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#18 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostColby Boucher, on 03 October 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Depends... If you are counting the entire HALO universe as one team, around the time of Halo 4, you would have one huge army. That many spartains, along with the entire covenant military force, and the remaining forunner constructs...

But then again, Star Wars = Jedi... whom could slice right through a Spartan or battlemech, as well as the rest of the Star Wars galaxy

But a far as Battletech's concerned, mech beats everything

Honestly I think Starfleet would run around trying to negotiate a truce (nothing against Star Trek, it's awesome)

GAH, my head hurts

Assume everyone is allied (all 6 IS factions, all Halo factions, what little Sith in Star Wars, everyone in Star Trek) and that a truce isn't an option. Honestly a Jedi might reflect a plasma blats, but not a PPC. So I don't think he/she'd get close enough.

#19 MnDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Location"Vallhalla" 1st Rasalhague Dragonregementë

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Lets see, we would have to make this a battle of attrition sooo... MechWarrior we have the inner sphere and periphery which amounts to about 1/8 of the galaxy explored. Star Trek, they are all over the A quadrant, and at best have about 3/4 of the galaxy explored. Halo, not sure about galaxy exploration, but since they are only encountering their first alien race, I would say less than in battletech. Star Wars on the other hand not only has the entire galaxy explored, but colonized, built advanced civilizations, mastered intergalactic travel ( they have a ship that can make the Kessel run in 12 Parsecs), and even have nonadvanced civilizations that can destroy mechs..( read ewoks) I'm going to have to say Star Wars for the win!

Edited by MnDragon, 04 October 2013 - 06:32 AM.

#20 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostMnDragon, on 04 October 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

Lets see, we would have to make this a battle of attrition sooo... MechWarrior we have the inner sphere and periphery which amounts to about 1/8 of the galaxy explored. Star Trek, they are all over the A quadrant, and at best have about 3/4 of the galaxy explored. Halo, not sure about galaxy exploration, but since they are only encountering their first alien race, I would say less than in battletech. Star Wars on the other hand not only has the entire galaxy explored, but colonized, built advanced civilizations, mastered intergalactic travel ( they have a ship that can make the Kessel run in 12 Parsecs), and even have nonadvanced civilizations that can destroy mechs..( read ewoks) I'm going to have to say Star Wars for the win!

You neglect weapons. Star Wars would esplode to Star Trek weapons (Google gravimetric torpedoes or quantum torpedoes)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users