House Marik Colors

30 replies to this topic

#1 Wilhelm Fraek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

So im the happy owner of the ON1-K but im not entirely sure of what the colors should be, any examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

Here's a link to A Regulan Orion
http://www.sarna.net...ulanhussars.png

Edited by Mark Brandhauber, 25 September 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#3 Wilhelm Fraek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

any idea what those translate to in game?

#4 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

We use camo brown camo tan and a maroon red (of which there are a few to choose from) but wait; there are many other marik camo specs for the orion ones that use much more purple and some times green

http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?ID=3425 for 11th atrean Dragoons

http://camospecs.com...ure.asp?ID=5541 for the 4th marik militia

http://camospecs.com/Miniature.asp?ID=5541 and your more traditional purple marik mech courtesy of the 5th free worlds legionaires

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Here's the full Free Worlds League (House Marik) listing from Camo Specs. Pick one and go for it. You'll have to determine for yourself what the MW:O colors are for each.

For instance, I use:

Marik Militia:
Standard pattern
Pleione (a Purple in MW:O)
Manganese (a Blue)
Crimson (a Red, obviously)

Oriente Hussars (some license taken with this one):
Sherman pattern
Tartrazine (a Yellow)
Verona (a Green)
Obsidian Black (a Grey)

Free Worlds Guards:
Standard pattern
Titanium White (a Grey)
Pleione
Obsidian Black

There is no one pattern for House Marik, as the Free Worlds League Military is made up of lots of different military units, each of which has its own color scheme. A lot of them have some sort of purple in them, but there are just as many that don't have purple at all.

#6 42and19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

Edo, is an obnoxiously bright purple that a lot of us use. I also go with helblau and maize, but that is because those are the colors of my highly non-canon unit. :D

#7 wasder unguided

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image First Regulan Hussars Orion (Gambodge with Maize highlights)

#8 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image
Another 'Mech in 4th Regulan colors.
PC Gamer skin, camo brown, camo tan, maroon

#9 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

Though I'm a Lyran, I really like your paint schemes. You guys should show more of your Marik paint jobs and let the thread grow a bit. Now I better get out of here before you shoot me on sight.

#10 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

Remember, there is always time to defect.

If you are sick of the german-speaking 19th century Brits, come to Space-Balkans. Where there is always time for a little family-feud.

Some more paint jobs. 4th Regulan Hussars.
Camo Tan
Camo Brown
Maroon
Default or Sherman patterns

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Molossian Dog, 21 December 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#11 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

Yeah camospecs is great if you are trying to assess FWL paint schemes.

http://www.camospecs...ction.asp?ID=13

I would love to see screenshots of a good Marik Militia paint scheme on a mech, since that is probably the most recognizable "FWL" paint scheme in existance. I was toying with it, the tricky part is the pattern. Its supposed to have red and blue on opposite sides and all the color scheme patterns I've found mix the secondary and tertiery colors up so they are on both. I think the pattern "Raider" turned out the best but it wasn't perfect by any means.

Another fairly decent paint scheme is for the Atrean Dragoons, light gray base with green paneling. Nothing too standout-ish that screams "Marik!" but just a good common sense pattern. Also the 12th Atrean Dragoons (which were commanded by Julian Langsdorf jr. and fought the Gray Death Legion on Helm) happen to be my favorite FWL unit.

A good combo of light powder blue and dark purple trim can be found in the Protectorate Guards (the Iron and Steel Guard regiments). I'm not a huge a fan of those two units in general, but their paint scheme looks awesome.

Just for fun I tried to mimic the Orloff Grenadiers when I was playing with the painting of my mechs, forgot to take a screenshot but that REALLY stood out. Relatively easy to duplicate and when people ask you about your paint scheme you can just shout out a "Orloff Grenadiers!" battle cry. I think that is probably the most "unique" paint scheme in all of Battletech. Everyone else uses browns, blues, reds, dark and mid range greens, but lime-green? Nope, they have a monopoly on that...the Grenadiers really like to stand out. Plus I like their cultural aspects, the Orloff Military Academy is like the Hogwarts of Battletech, and their homeworld, Vanra, is a place where nobles like to duel with swords and do hunts and do other things that remind me of medieval/renaissance european nobility.

There are also a few regiments that differ from their brother and sister regiments in paint scheme. For example, the 3rd Free Worlds Legionnaires eskew the purple, just using white and green. The 10th Marik Militia just use the purple base with red trim, forgoing the blue (apparently this is an honor due to their exemplary service), and the 4th Marik Militia use blue and white for some reason.

Anyhoo, was playing with this and wanted to share some thoughts. I would love to see more screenshots, particularly if anyone comes up with what they think is the closest approximation possible to the Marik Militia paint scheme.

Edited by Julian Langsdorf III, 02 January 2014 - 05:20 AM.

#12 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

Oh and there are two canon mercenary units that are tied to the hip to the FWL that are worth mentioning.

Kristen's Krushers (led by Kristen Marik). If you like red.

http://www.camospecs...Unit.asp?ID=201

And Romanov's Crusaders (unofficially called the "3rd Knights of the Inner Sphere"). Non-FWL mechwarriors who flocked to the FWL, inspired by the Knights ideals and Thomas Marik created a unit for them because he couldn't incorporate them into the FWL Military.

http://www.camospecs...Unit.asp?ID=209

Edited by Julian Langsdorf III, 02 January 2014 - 05:29 AM.

#13 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

Here is a mech from the Second Free Worlds Guards. The official paint scheme is white with purple paneling and a touch of black edging. I used the urban block paint scheme with Titanium White and Pleione.

Posted Image

This is a mech belonging to the 1st Orloff Grenadiers. The official paint scheme is olive green drab on the legs and lower torso and a brighter lime green on the upper torso, arms and head. I achieved this by using olive green as the tertiary color and Ianchi for both the primary and secondary colors. I used the mountain line paint scheme to create the desired effect.

Posted Image

#14 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

Got two more.

Second Sirian Lancers. Ochre-red with green trim is the official standard. I actually found a use for Applejack with this one.

Posted Image

This one is for the Silver Hawk Irregulars. Individual planets contribute their own troops and they use their own paint schemes. Troops from Amity and Concord use a gold with orange trim paint scheme. I went the route of using the color "Sulphur" for the primary with citrine as secondary/tertiary colors. I used the Cobra pattern. It just popped out at me the most.

Posted Image

#15 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 21 December 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

Remember, there is always time to defect.

If you are sick of the german-speaking 19th century Brits, come to Space-Balkans. Where there is always time for a little family-feud.

Thanks for the offer, but I've chose my side and I'm sticking with it.

#16 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Here is a mech from the 12th Atrean Dragoons. Somewhat memorable to me... my username was inspired by Colonel Julian Langsdorf jr. who led this unit and fought the Gray Death Legion on Helm. Their paint scheme is a light gray base with green accents and some solid green panels. I choose Battleship Gray (the standard Gray seemed very light, almost white to me). I used Evergreen for the “Green” and went with the Sherman paint scheme because I liked how it distributed the green trim.

Posted Image

This mech belongs to the First Free Worlds Legionnaires. The Legionnaires use a white with purple and green highlights paint scheme. Technically the First Legion also has a single gold band across the wrists and left torso of each mech. I used Titanium White for the primary color, and Evergreen and Pleione for the secondary and tertiary colors. I really wanted to try the new Crusader paint scheme on something and gave it a go here. I was fairly pleased with the results.

Posted Image

#17 wasder unguided

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Posted Image

1st Regulan Hussars Battlemaster.
Phoenix skin - Pyramid & Kahki.

Posted Image

Edited by wasder unguided, 08 February 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#18 DerRattenmann

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

I use porphyro instead of pleione for my Free World Guards paint scheme.
Posted Image

#19 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

I too prefer Porphyro for my purple color. It has that deep metallic finish when used as a primary or secondary color, depending on your camo natuarally. I also use Ochre, I think it's called, for that very bright light purple to offset the deep richness of Porphyro. I can make some really nice color combos with those two. Throw in a khaki or a deep black, sometimes even a bright yellow to really make the mech "pop".

#20 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

thing is, that you guys don't really have a proper color available inside the game.
real Marik color from Sarna is something like #9200bc
inside mwomercs forums it's #990099

If I had been Marik, I would have sent letters to ask devs, whether they can add a proper color of house Marik. It will benefit to PGI so there's a huge chance it will work. letters just have to be numerable enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users