93 replies to this topic

#21 Hunter Gamma

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Okay, I rarely visit or post on these forums nowadays. But, this is something I just have to praise.
Excellent work and I too would just love to have one.
I'll admit I'm one of those weird 2A pilots.

Edited by Hunter Gamma, 30 September 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#22 Yawn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostRotS Targe, on 29 September 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

I shall be watching this very closely, very cute, want one of my K2

Thank you, RotS Targe! I will make the K2 one day for sure. When this Cicada is done I will probably make one Cicada for myself (it's going to be a bit different from the Garth's Cicada) but one day I will make the K2! Maybe with interchangeable arms... Hmm...

View PostIqfishLP, on 29 September 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Can you make a 1 meter big Atlas for me? I would give my soul for that o:

The Atlas in a legendary mech so it is on my "must make" list. I have no idea when I will start making it because there are so many mechs that I want to make. When I make it I could send it to you if you are nice to Jenners.

View PostYwan, on 29 September 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

My Highlander is already ordered since a long time, but the lady should have more time to kill us then making plushies for us the next years ;-)
In this State of work the little cicada looks a bit as she will be ill as a dog and have to struggle not messing up her feet.

Actually one of my friends has told me he wants a Highlander plushie but the problem is that it's not one of my favorite mechs. If I start making a plushie that will take 50-90 hours to make I want it to be fun to make. I won't say "no" to that idea but the truth is there are other mechs I want to make first.

View PostHunter Gamma, on 29 September 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Okay, I rarely visit or post on these forums nowadays. But, this is something I just I have to praise.
Excellent work and I too would just love to have one.
I'll admit I'm one of those weird 2A pilots.

Kiitos very much, Hunter Gamma! You live in Finland so sending wouldn't be a problem... I still have lots of work to do and if I make three Cicadas in a row I might go mad. When I get this done I will have all the patterns so making one more Cicada wouldn't be as much work as this first one. All I can say is that it's not an impossible idea. I can't promise anything yet.

#23 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Amazing work as usual Yawn. The 2A is my favourite Cicada and I am sure Garth will be pleased. I think he should pay you in some serious MC B)

#24 Ywan

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Actually one of my friends has told me he wants a Highlander plushie but the problem is that it's not one of my favorite mechs. If I start making a plushie that will take 50-90 hours to make I want it to be fun to make. I won't say "no" to that idea but the truth is there are other mechs I want to make first.

You break my heart..... but.... but the Highlander is sooo cute... look at his tiny eyes you can´t say "NO" to him :) :)

#25 Yawn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostJay Z, on 29 September 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Amazing work as usual Yawn. The 2A is my favourite Cicada and I am sure Garth will be pleased. I think he should pay you in some serious MC ;)

Thank you Jay, I'm happy to hear you like it! The 2A is my favourite Cicada too... I think it was my first Cicada. I sure hope the Garth would be pleased. If not, I guess there wouldn't be other option than keeping this plushie for myself... ;P

View PostYwan, on 30 September 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

You break my heart..... but.... but the Highlander is sooo cute... look at his tiny eyes you can´t say "NO" to him :D :P

I agree, the Highlander is pretty cute. I didn't say "no" to him but I didn't say "yes" to him either :3

#26 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

I don't really see the Highlander as been as cute as much as it is terrifyingly intimidating, at least after dropping with Black Omen for a while. I guess if you want to keep the progression going, the K2 and Stalker would be pretty cool for a heavy and assault. By the way, my 2A has my highest K/D out of all my mechs, somehow.

#27 Sergeant Death

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts
  • LocationAustria, Niederösterreich

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

can i bring u to make me an Atlas? *hopes* I´d love to have a plueshy Atlas in my Bed... tell me´by time what it will cost me, i begin to save money then ^^

#28 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

As you can see, you can quit your job and start sewing Atlai for us! ;)

#29 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

YES YES YES :lol: and a ILYA MUROMETS :(

#30 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Love the progress so far. The Cicadas have been in a 3 way tie for my affections between them, the Catapults, and the Centurions. I have to admit the 3C has become my new guilty pleasure. When I need stress relief from grinding I break out the lethal joke that is the Boomcada/'Cadabomb.

#31 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostYawn, on 29 September 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Thank you, RotS Targe! I will make the K2 one day for sure. When this Cicada is done I will probably make one Cicada for myself (it's going to be a bit different from the Garth's Cicada) but one day I will make the K2! Maybe with interchangeable arms... Hmm...

Maybe have underslung ballistics that are interchangable as well.
Velcro maybe? Would need the itchy side to be on the ballistics so that they don't scratch when no ballistic attached.
Side note, maybe you could put the patterns available somewhere so that we don't bug you so much to make things for us, unless you feel like charging commission and pumping them out for the community.

#32 Ragashar

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Awesome project and it's coming along nicely... Can't wait to see that thing when it's done nor the moment when The Garth actually sees this in his own hands. That should be some good reality TV right there.

Would certainly want one for myself too... But won't push my luck here. It takes her probably a very long time to make one and she needs to keep killing us on the field of battle as well.

#33 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Wonder when the cease&desist letter will come from IGPGI.

#34 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Garth will approve of this thread!

#35 Flashover23

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostKaijin, on 01 October 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

<delurk>
With this reaction, if they have any good business sense they will hire Yawn as lead designer and market them.
</delurk>

#36 Valcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostKaijin, on 01 October 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

They've been pretty cool with fan stuff so far, even printed models. I really can't see them freaking out over this awesomeness.

#37 Yawn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostJay Z, on 01 October 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

-- the K2 and Stalker would be pretty cool for a heavy and assault.

I will make the K2 and the Stalker for sure. Both of them are great mechs.

View PostSergeant Death, on 01 October 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

can i bring u to make me an Atlas? *hopes* I´d love to have a plueshy Atlas in my Bed... tell me´by time what it will cost me, i begin to save money then ^^

View PostIqfishLP, on 01 October 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

As you can see, you can quit your job and start sewing Atlai for us! :(

I wish I could but unfortunately there might be some copyright issues that prevent me from selling my plushies :(

View PostMighty Spike, on 01 October 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

YES YES YES :( and a ILYA MUROMETS :D

The Cataphract would look great as a plushie... That is a very good idea!

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 01 October 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

Love the progress so far.

Thank you very much!

View PostRotS Targe, on 01 October 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

Maybe have underslung ballistics that are interchangable as well.
Velcro maybe? Would need the itchy side to be on the ballistics so that they don't scratch when no ballistic attached.

Sounds like a very good idea! I need to think about that.

View PostRagashar, on 01 October 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Awesome project and it's coming along nicely... Can't wait to see that thing when it's done nor the moment when The Garth actually sees this in his own hands. That should be some good reality TV right there.

Would certainly want one for myself too... But won't push my luck here. It takes her probably a very long time to make one and she needs to keep killing us on the field of battle as well.

Kiitos Ragashar! I'm happy to hear that.

View PostSean Lang, on 01 October 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Garth will approve of this thread!

I sure hope so... :)

View PostFlashover23, on 01 October 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

<delurk>
With this reaction, if they have any good business sense they will hire Yawn as lead designer and market them.
</delurk>

Lead designer... I wouldn't mind that :D

View PostValcrow, on 01 October 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

They've been pretty cool with fan stuff so far, even printed models. I really can't see them freaking out over this awesomeness.

Thank you Valcrow!

Edited by Yawn, 02 October 2013 - 05:28 AM.

#38 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Lady you are AWESOME :) But you have really a lot of work now....Stalker,highlander,K2, Atlas :(
But i know its worth to wait to see the all of them and the Cataphract. Take your time and i promise you to totaly FREAK OUT when its finished and you post the first Pics. :D :(

Edited by Mighty Spike, 02 October 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#39 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

Wow, you do a better job at communicating than PGI! :D

Please continue, and if you need any help with pictures, gauges or something like that feel free to contact me, I'm happy to help!

#40 Yawn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 02 October 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

Lady you are AWESOME :rolleyes: But you have really a lot of work now....Stalker,highlander,K2, Atlas :blink:
But i know its worth to wait to see the all of them and the Cataphract. Take your time and i promise you to totaly FREAK OUT when its finished and you post the first Pics. ;) :unsure:

Thank you once again, Mighty Spike! Yep yep, it seems I have to spend lots of time in my mechlab... But I enjoy it a lot!

View PostIqfishLP, on 02 October 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

Wow, you do a better job at communicating than PGI! :wub:

Please continue, and if you need any help with pictures, gauges or something like that feel free to contact me, I'm happy to help!

Thank you again to you too, IqfishLP! And thank you for offering your help. It's good to know there is someone who I can contact to if I need help with something someday :ph34r:

------------------------

I have almost made all of the patterns (I need to fix some of the leg patterns and I need to make the patterns for it's feet. Then it should be done) that are needed for this plushie. Then I can start working on the fabrics so the next step is to buy the fabrics for it. I looked for them from every single fabric store in my nearest city but I couldn't find anything good enough so I decided to by them from an online store. I found a perfect fabric but of course it's not free... That's why I bought a very small piece first. It will take 5-8 more days and then that little piece of fabric is finally here. I need to see it before I can be sure it's perfect for the Cicada plushie. If it's as good as I would imagine I will buy a bigger amount of it. It will take 8-10 days to arrive and then I can start making the real Cicada 2A plushie!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users