#41 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

I have also a lot of different pics. Feel free to contact me if you need something.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 02 October 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#42 Sergeant Death

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts
  • LocationAustria, Niederösterreich

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

U dont need to "sell" the Atlas Plushie to me, u can make it a "Present" to me, and then i will make a "present" to u in form of a PaySafe Card or something like that ^^

#43 Ragashar

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Any new pics to show us?

And don't send it to Garth directly, send it to someone else there and have them capture the video of the moment when he sees the plushie and add it here for all of us to see...

#44 Yawn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostRagashar, on 21 October 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Any new pics to show us? And don't send it to Garth directly, send it to someone else there and have them capture the video of the moment when he sees the plushie and add it here for all of us to see...

New pictures now yes.

That is a very good idea, I would love to see his reaction when he sees his plushie for the first time. I'm sure others would love to see his reaction as well :D

---------------------------------

Hello everyone!

First things first. Thank you for all those who have been asking about my Cicada plushie on the battlefield, it gives me lots of motivation to continue making more plushies. Thank you for kicking my butt, I really need and appreciate it.

It's been a long time when I last time posted any pictures of the progress here. I'm honest and will tell you that I've been very lazy, I haven't felt like making any plushies. I make these plushies for fun so I will make them only when making them doesn't feel like a burden.

The most challenging part of making this plushie has been finding a perfect fabric. The fabrics I ordered from the online arrived... At least half of them. They didn't have the other fabric in stock anymore so now I only have the fabric I bought for my Cicada. I bought 6 meters of it and my Cicada needs 4 meters. Maybe, just maybe, it would be enough for the Garth's plushie too. I might need to resize the patterns... We'll see.

All patterns are finally done now and I can start working on the fabrics.

Don't ask me why I have so many kids' bedtime story books... ^_^

12. Patterns are finally done. I made some little changes to legs' patterns and I made patterns for feet and that thing right below the CT.
Posted Image

13. From a different angle.
Posted Image

14. Here you can see the "thing right below the CT" a bit better.
Posted Image

15. Here's the foot.
Posted Image

16. From the front.
Posted Image

17. From above.
Posted Image

18. All the parts I made.
Posted Image

19. Here is the picture of the fabric I will use to the Cicada plushie.
Posted Image

20. This is my old and loyal sewing machine. Nothing fancy but it looks cool, no?
Posted Image

Thank you for your patience! :D

Edited by Yawn, 23 December 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#45 Reconius

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

You should put a little strap on it so Garth can Walk around with it gently resting on his head. :3
It would be even more adorable and a little humor around the office is never a bad thing!

#46 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Looking good Yawn. Nice work.

#47 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

This is relevant to my interest.

Can I has a Hunchback plushy?
Posted Image
Please...

#48 Yawn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

View PostReconius, on 23 December 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

You should put a little strap on it so Garth can Walk around with it gently resting on his head. :3
It would be even more adorable and a little humor around the office is never a bad thing!

Haha, I think this might be a little too big for a comfortable Cicada hat :blush: But who says it should be comfortable... We all have to suffer for beauty sometimes...

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 23 December 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Looking good Yawn. Nice work.

Thank you very much, Dirk! :(

View PostCoralld, on 23 December 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

This is relevant to my interest.

Can I has a Hunchback plushy?
Posted Image
Please...

It's not fair to use kitty eyes, you know! :D I haven't decided what mech plushie I will make after this. A Catapult plushie is one of my priorities to make so unfortunately Hunchy's time isn't anytime soon :lol: Maybe someday is Hunchy's turn. If it ever happens I'll be contacting you!

#49 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostYawn, on 23 December 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

New pictures now yes.

That is a very good idea, I would love to see his reaction when he sees his plushie for the first time. I'm sure others would love to see his reaction as well :D

Hello everyone!

First things first. Thank you for all those who have been asking about my Cicada plushie on the battlefield, it gives me lots of motivation to continue making more plushies. Thank you for kicking my butt, I really need and appreciate it.

It's been a long time when I last time posted any pictures of the progress here. I'm honest and will tell you that I've been very lazy, I haven't felt like making any plushies. I make these plushies for fun so I will make them only when making them doesn't feel like a burden.

The most challenging part of making this plushie has been finding a perfect fabric. The fabrics I ordered from the online arrived... At least half of them. They didn't have the other fabric in stock anymore so now I only have the fabric I bought for my Cicada. I bought 6 meters of it and my Cicada needs 4 meters. Maybe, just maybe, it would be enough for the Garth's plushie too. I might need to resize the patterns... We'll see.

All patterns are finally done now and I can start working on the fabrics.

Don't ask me why I have so many kids' bedtime story books... :D

12. Patterns are finally done. I made some little changes to legs' patterns and I made patterns for feet and that thing right below the CT.
Posted Image

13. From a different angle.
Posted Image

14. Here you can see the "thing right below the CT" a bit better.
Posted Image

15. Here's the foot.
Posted Image

16. From the front.
Posted Image

17. From above.
Posted Image

18. All the parts I made.
Posted Image

19. Here is the picture of the fabric I will use to the Cicada plushie.
Posted Image

20. This is my old and loyal sewing machine. Nothing fancy but it looks cool, no?
Posted Image

Thank you for your patience! :)

ARCHER. OH MY GOD! LANA. LANAAAA. LANNNAAAAAA!!!! what?! DAANJAAZONE!

#50 Yawn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:34 AM

View Postdangerzone, on 25 December 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

ARCHER. OH MY GOD! LANA. LANAAAA. LANNNAAAAAA!!!! what?! DAANJAAZONE!

All I understood were "ARCHER" , "what?!" and "DAANJAAZONE!". But yes, it's the Archer ;)

----------------------------------

Now I have almost all the pieces I will need to make the Cicada plushie. It took hours to cut all of those, but finally it's done and I can start sewing. All of those pieces have a little piece of paper on them so I won't even accidentally forget what piece is what.

Posted Image

#51 Sagedabluemage

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

OO question what do u use again for the schematic making ? is it a type of burlap cuz i cant really tell. i like to sew and all so i was thinking of trying my hand at making one. i wanna takle my k2 or mah hunchie or centurion

and omg that jenner and the cicada is looking smexy XD

#52 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

Yawn, can you please extend the center torso of the Cicada so it becomes a Raven?

#53 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

Interesting.

#54 Yawn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostSagedabluemage, on 29 December 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

OO question what do u use again for the schematic making ? is it a type of burlap cuz i cant really tell. i like to sew and all so i was thinking of trying my hand at making one. i wanna takle my k2 or mah hunchie or centurion

and omg that jenner and the cicada is looking smexy XD

It's draft paper (not sure if it's called that in English but I would guess it's something like that), the same paper that is used for making patterns for clothes, so it's not meant for building things like these. It still works well enough so I can have some kind of picture how the plushie is going to look like.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them :o

If you are going to make some mech plushies, I will be watching those projects very closely! ;)

View PostEglar, on 29 December 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

Yawn, can you please extend the center torso of the Cicada so it becomes a Raven?

Oh Eglar, Eglar... You know what is going to happen now, don't you? If you keep going like this all of your mechs will soon have only one leg.

#55 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostYawn, on 29 December 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

Oh Eglar, Eglar... You know what is going to happen now, don't you? If you keep going like this all of your mechs will soon have only one leg.

Fo shizzle

#56 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

I have to know this. Would you be interested in doing commissions?

#57 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 01 January 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Dude you are a genious and Nut job at the same time.

The difference between Genius and Insanity is the direction they are walking at the time ;)

#58 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

Fantastic.

#59 Reconius

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

If it couldn't be a hat then I'd say a special made Baby Carrier, but then i'd be getting carried Away!
Anyway, Absolutely Fantastic Work, and I'm surprised nobody has taken an in-game Pic of a Cicada-2A with a Mimic Camo.
( Cough Cough, Community)

#60 Pilgrymm

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

I absolutely love this! Can't wait to see the finished product and/or the Garth surprising video! Great work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users