- - - - -

Elite Skills

10 replies to this topic

#1 Martinriggs

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

I read that I need to max out all the skills for each class of type mech (Like all 3 centurion)? Do i need to actually have all 3 mechs at one time? For instance can I sell 1 and buy a new diff type of centurion til all 3 have the basic skills then the elite skills will open up?

Thanks

#2 Xplorer304

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 1 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Mech XP is saved even if you sell mech, so all the XP perks are saved too.

Edited by Xplorer304, 30 September 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

if you complete all the basics for a mech and sell it, it will still count towards your 3/3 requirement.

This will, however, make it very difficult to complete the Master tier for that mech since if you sold it before completing all the elite skills it doesn't count towards the requirements for Master.

#4 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

What redshift says is true.

The reason to not master a mech would be if you do not use modules. If you need to move on to another mech and don't feel the need to get an extra module slot then it is fine to basic three variants then sell the one(s) you don't want.

#5 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Having a mech mastered is great, but its by no means as important as having the all the elite skills opened. With the Elites all opened all the basic skills on that mech are doubled, which makes a huge difference, whereas having a mech mastered just gives you another module slot.. which is nice, but probably not going to rock your world too much.

Personally ive sold many mechs before getting that mastery opened, mostly to save on space <I have about 12 mechbays> and some mechs I only played to open the basics to allow me to master another <better> mech of that kind <Cataphract 1x for example I sold once I had opened all the basics as it allowed me to open the elite tree on the better Cataphract 3D>

How you manage your mechs is up to you of course, and in an ideal world no-one would want to sell anything, but with mech bays costing real world money its hard to justify keeping all the mechs ive played when I will only consistently play with a few favourites.

Edited by Rascula, 30 September 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#6 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostRascula, on 30 September 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

How you manage your mechs is up to you of course, and in an ideal world no-one would want to sell anything, but with mech bays costing real world money its hard to justify keeping all the mechs ive played when I will only consistently play with a few favourites.

Pretty much.

If you can stomach getting a mechbay for each new one, I would highly recommend it.

The c-bill return you get for selling a mech is pretty pathetic, and you never know what will change gameplay wise making some mechs more valuable than others.

Edited by Roughneck45, 30 September 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#7 Lord Baldric

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSlightly to the left of sanity

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

You can gain master by having any 3 chassis in a particular weight class at 4/4 elite. So if you plan to play more than one particular chassis you only really need to elite the variant your prefer.

So you can get 1 cicada, 1 hunch and 1 kintaro to 4/4 elite and that unlocks master for any other 4/4 elite medium mechs.

If you plan to play more than one chassis from a particular weight class you can unlock master by getting 4/4 elite on any 3 mechs in the weight class allowing you to continue on with your favorites. I did this with my lights. After getting my 8/8 for the 3 chassis I wanted I sold off the variants I disliked and just elited the one i planned to keep. Did this for Jenners, Spiders and Ravens.

If for example you plan to play only Hunchbacks from medium then you keep your 3 untill they are all elite if you want master on any particular one.

#8 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:59 PM

So in order to get the x2 to the basics, I need the elite skills all unlocked on all 3 mechs? Or I just need the Elite line open on 1??

#9 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

Selling the mechs is ok, I do not know if buying bays for every new mech, so that you can have an extra module is worth the price for bays. Especially when you want to master alot of mechs, this can become relatively expensive value for a single module. Especially since for some mechs like the Ember, you need to master 5 variants (4 c-bill variants + the Ember itself) to get that extra module...

#10 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

View PostJherek C, on 23 June 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

Especially since for some mechs like the Ember, you need to master 5 variants (4 c-bill variants + the Ember itself) to get that extra module...
Whatever the number of variant available you only need 3 variants elited to unlock master tier.... It can even be more simple than that if you already mastered a mechtype in thiw weigth class. Well explained in Kin3ticX 's Guide Here :http://mwomercs.com/...dvanced-topics/

Edited by RRAMIREZ, 23 June 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#11 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

just for further clarification

There are 8 Basic skills, complete all 8 on 3 varients of the same chassis (e.g. 3 Jenners) to open up Elite skills, after the basic skills are completed for a varient you are free to sell the mech, but only do so if you are sure you will not want it again. the skills stay and if at some later point you buy another of that mech they will still be there

There are 4 Elite skills, complete all 4 on a mech and the basic skills are doubled (this is exceptionaly useful for a mech you plan to keep using), do this with 3 mechs of the same weight class (e.g. a Jenner, a Sider and a Firestarter) to open up Master for that weight class.

There is 1 Master skill (an extra module slot), this unlocks nothing extra

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users