10293 replies to this topic

#2561 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

Several of the clan mechs have only been released for real $ so far. This includes the TBR.

#2562 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostExpansion Of Consciousness, on 14 September 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

Ok. But then again, where can you even buy these? I don't seem to find for example the Timberwolf in the in game store.

Long story short, originally you had to buy a package or all three variants at once. I believe that is still an option, or you can wait till the mechs are released for cash, then wait a bit longer for it to be for C-bills.

Basically it's a bonus for those who pre-ordered or bought one of the packages. You can look for the Clan mech release schedule if you want to know when each will be available.

#2563 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostExpansion Of Consciousness, on 14 September 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

Oh, ok. Well, I doubt I'm gonna spend that much money on this game. But thanks.

You say that now....I was all I'm just going to get the Shadowhawks...it's $40 bucks but hey, I love me some SHD's!! Then I said, I could use some Heavies in my stable, and I just got paid so what's another $20? Couple weeks later, you know, I don't have ANY assault mechs, and they are pricey with C-bills, and 3 Battlemaster's would speed the process up.......so yea $80 for mechs.

As to clans, I just went bankrupt buying Kit Foxes....as in once I sold the S and got the Prime, I had to save up for the ECM arm....still not sure which way is best! ;)

#2564 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

View PostExpansion Of Consciousness, on 14 September 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

Yo.
Um, so I can't find a Timberwolf anywhere. Where can you get it?

I don't even want to buy it, but I was wondering how there is a mech in game that I can't even seem to find.

There are three ways to buy a clan mech.
  • Clan packages. Direct purchase, multiple included, bonuses included. all mechs available.
  • MC purchase. Single mech at a time, MC purchase. Released on a schedule one at a time.
  • C-bill purchase. Single mech, for C-bills. Released one at a time after the MC release.
This is the release schedule http://mwomercs.com/...lease-schedule/ (guys this should have been the first reply to his question!)

For example, if you would like a Timberwolf, you can buy a clan pack now, or wait for October to buy one for MC, or wait for November to buy one with C-bills. Some clan mechs have already met their release date for MC and/or C-bills and some are still waiting.

#2565 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

[Not going to be a short answer but figured I'd give as much info as possible]

If an enemy is within 200M of you and it has ECM you will get a low signal status on your HUD and the enemy mech equipped with ECM's enemy indicator will flash repeatedly until either ECM is switched to Counter mode or the enemy ECM is destroyed.

If you drop with your lance and you see a mech that has no indication that it's friendly or enemy within a minute of powering up, no flashing red symbols, that means it's a friendly and you should not shoot them.

I know mechs are real fast and some enemy/friendly lance drop points are rather close together but that's what everyone should remember that if you see a mech close to you (within 200M) without flashing red symbols then it's a friendly.

Not sure how to resolve the issue as powering down/up doesn't help but if I see a mech that has no indicator on it at a distance greater than 270M, I check my battle map to make sure it's the enemy (quickly checking the numbers of friendlies to opponents) before unloading on the target.

View PostFogOfW4r, on 12 September 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

I apologize if this is not very short as I will try my best to make it brief.

As short as possible; friendly 'mech looks like ECM'd enemy 'mechs do, invisible on map and untargetable.

Now to explain, I know what an ECM'd enemy looks like, you just see a 'mech, no map and no target. Well I noticed some friendly 'mechs that look just like this, the only way I know it is a friendly is because we are marching to the same objective and shooting the same enemies.

Is there some module I am missing or is this a bug?

Again, sorry for the length of this question.

If I haven't messed up, there should be an example picture below.

Posted Image

#2566 TrainWreck102

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIl, USA

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

I have been out of the loop for soooooooo loooong, is there some one willing to bring me up to speed with stuff like game balances and ect, because I just died with no apparent reason, the last thing i heard from the computer was "ULTRA AC/5 ammo destroyed" I assume that's what killed me??? If so I assume igp must have increased the possibility of this happening to ppl, because I also saw someone else die with no apparent reason, I don't EVER remember dying this way back in December of 2012?!?!?

#2567 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:15 AM

View PostTrainWreck102, on 15 September 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

I have been out of the loop for soooooooo loooong, is there some one willing to bring me up to speed with stuff like game balances and ect, because I just died with no apparent reason, the last thing i heard from the computer was "ULTRA AC/5 ammo destroyed" I assume that's what killed me??? If so I assume igp must have increased the possibility of this happening to ppl, because I also saw someone else die with no apparent reason, I don't EVER remember dying this way back in December of 2012?!?!?

soooo much has changed.

when you die, it shows a list of the last things you took damage from. it also tells you in plain english who or what killed you.

#2568 TrainWreck102

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIl, USA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:07 AM

i think it said engine destroyed, leg was gone too (the location of the ammo that may have blown up). I cant remember any other info in that page but i KNOW i looked.

#2569 TrainWreck102

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIl, USA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:16 AM

Is there possibly a summarized version of what's been revised for balancing issues, non obvious changes to the game in general, ect, ect in the (oh my gosh) last couple years

Edit: A video would be best, an audio file would be next in line, any thing else would be fine, IMO, thx.

Edited by TrainWreck102, 16 September 2014 - 02:29 AM.

#2570 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostTrainWreck102, on 16 September 2014 - 02:16 AM, said:

Is there possibly a summarized version of what's been revised for balancing issues, non obvious changes to the game in general, ect, ect in the (oh my gosh) last couple years

Edit: A video would be best, an audio file would be next in line, any thing else would be fine, IMO, thx.

No one has made a video etc as each patch generally has changes, tweaks etc.

My recommendation is to just approach it like you would a new game. Check the tutorials in this thread and just read a couple of threads before each play session.

As to someone else dying for no apparent reason, I doubt they had your undivided attention, so most likely you missed a AC round or some brawler had MGs and got a lucky shot.

#2571 Agelmar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:02 AM

View PostTrainWreck102, on 16 September 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

i think it said engine destroyed, leg was gone too (the location of the ammo that may have blown up). I cant remember any other info in that page but i KNOW i looked.

If you lost a leg and had ammo in it you died to an ammo explosion. Where you running an XL? Engine destroyed would have to be your CT or LT/RT with an XL.

#2572 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

View PostAgelmar, on 16 September 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

If you lost a leg and had ammo in it you died to an ammo explosion. Where you running an XL? Engine destroyed would have to be your CT or LT/RT with an XL.

FTR, ammo explosions don't happen EVERY time you lose a location. They are fairly rare, but do happen.

Other than that, Agelmar is likely on track. Leftover leg damage would go to the same side torso, and likely take out an XL (thye extend to each side torso and losing one kills you.) That or you had taken ST damage and there was enough damage to take out the CT (unlikely as each "hop" to a new location cuts the damage by 50%).

#2573 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostTrainWreck102, on 16 September 2014 - 02:16 AM, said:

Couple of years would be a huge undertaking, let alone it would be outdated as soon as the next patch comes out.

You can actually read over every patch note though http://mwomercs.com/...61-patch-notes/

By not including a specific time frame you make it even harder to know which balance changes you are aware of and which you are not.

Some notes in brief of balance changes that come to mind:
  • multiple attempts to desynch gauss, ppc, and ACs (gauss charge time before firing, maximum of 2 gauss rifles charged at a time, slower, hotter PPC) to lessen one-shot-kills or absurdly high damage pin point alphas
  • "ghost heat"/heat scale: mlutiples of weapons/related weapons if fired at the same time generate extra heat (such as medium lasers, you can fire 6 of them fine but if you fire 9 there is a penalty)
  • LRMs changed a dozen times with different flight paths, speed changes, removal of splash damage, etc
  • AC2s, AC5s and AC20s nerfed in max range, reload time, etc
  • more quirks to give some chassis a buff and some chassis a nerf (awesome gets bonus heat dissipation, some battlemasters have nerfed torso twist, etc) see Smurfy's quirks list for full details
  • Seismic sensor added then nerfed severely because it was really really good
  • hill climb, bigger mechs have much more trouble going up slopes and go slower (no more full-speed atlases up a slope)
  • some mechs got rebalanced hitboxes (Awesome, centurion, etc)
  • Artillery and airstrikes added, biffed, nerfed, then limited to only one total and not one of each
  • UAV added, very cool feature. Shoot enemy UAVs
Clan mechs were added last June which is a whoooooole other thing. Clans have clan XLs, lighter weapons, better equipment, omnipod swapping. No engine customization, often have big hitboxes. Clan lights much slower than IS lights. Clan ERPPC, Clan ACs/UltraACs, clan LRMs spread damage around a lot more than IS counterparts (Clan ballistics are burst-fire not solid slugs)

Clans tend to have better DPS but IS weapons do better pinpoint front loaded damage. Don't stare at a clan mech and let him pummel you in the CT, he probably has better DPS than you. Hit and run, shoot and twist, learn the hitboxes.

If you have specific questions please feel free to ask!

Edited by Redshift2k5, 16 September 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#2574 WrentheFaceless

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

Been gone from the game for a while, mainly beta/early release.

Has stick/throttle support been fully implemented?

#2575 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

View PostWrentheFaceless, on 16 September 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

Been gone from the game for a while, mainly beta/early release.

Has stick/throttle support been fully implemented?

Yes, I know people who use sticks and other peripherals. You will need some remapping and custom settings to set up dead zones and proper behavior.

#2576 TrainWreck102

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIl, USA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

Thank you, Nick Makiaveli.

View PostAgelmar, on 16 September 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

I usually don't run with an XL engine, I HATE DIEING BECAUSE "I LOST A RT/LT"
I was running a "WANG" with 2 U AC/5s & 2 M. lasers w/ 3 tons of ammo, at the time.
CT was gone, I remember that.

What is ST damage, Nick Makiaveli?

View PostRedshift2k5, on 16 September 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

Couple of years would be a huge undertaking, let alone it would be outdated as soon as the next patch comes out.

You can actually read over every patch note though http://mwomercs.com/...61-patch-notes/

By not including a specific time frame you make it even harder to know which balance changes you are aware of and which you are not.

Some notes in brief of balance changes that come to mind:
  • multiple attempts to desynch gauss, ppc, and ACs (gauss charge time before firing, maximum of 2 gauss rifles charged at a time, slower, hotter PPC) to lessen one-shot-kills or absurdly high damage pin point alphas
  • "ghost heat"/heat scale: mlutiples of weapons/related weapons if fired at the same time generate extra heat (such as medium lasers, you can fire 6 of them fine but if you fire 9 there is a penalty)
  • LRMs changed a dozen times with different flight paths, speed changes, removal of splash damage, etc
  • AC2s, AC5s and AC20s nerfed in max range, reload time, etc
  • more quirks to give some chassis a buff and some chassis a nerf (awesome gets bonus heat dissipation, some battlemasters have nerfed torso twist, etc) see Smurfy's quirks list for full details
  • Seismic sensor added then nerfed severely because it was really really good
  • hill climb, bigger mechs have much more trouble going up slopes and go slower (no more full-speed atlases up a slope)
  • some mechs got rebalanced hitboxes (Awesome, centurion, etc)
  • Artillery and airstrikes added, biffed, nerfed, then limited to only one total and not one of each
  • UAV added, very cool feature. Shoot enemy UAVs
Clan mechs were added last June which is a whoooooole other thing. Clans have clan XLs, lighter weapons, better equipment, omnipod swapping. No engine customization, often have big hitboxes. Clan lights much slower than IS lights. Clan ERPPC, Clan ACs/UltraACs, clan LRMs spread damage around a lot more than IS counterparts (Clan ballistics are burst-fire not solid slugs)

Clans tend to have better DPS but IS weapons do better pinpoint front loaded damage. Don't stare at a clan mech and let him pummel you in the CT, he probably has better DPS than you. Hit and run, shoot and twist, learn the hitboxes.

If you have specific questions please feel free to ask!

Aaah man I missed the buffed Seismic sensor (as in I couldn't take advantage of it).

When u mention time frame do u mean in reference to the patches or me, because I do believe i said December of 2012 a couple posts ago. What do u mean by "hitboxes", or maybe i should just visit this page [color="#0f72da"]learn the hitboxes[/color].

#2577 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostTrainWreck102, on 16 September 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Thank you, Nick Makiaveli.

I usually don't run with an XL engine, I HATE DIEING BECAUSE "I LOST A RT/LT"
I was running a "WANG" with 2 U AC/5s & 2 M. lasers w/ 3 tons of ammo, at the time.
CT was gone, I remember that.

What is ST damage, Nick Makiaveli?

Aaah man I missed the buffed Seismic sensor (as in I couldn't take advantage of it).

When u mention time frame do u mean in reference to the patches or me, because I do believe i said December of 2012 a couple posts ago. What do u mean by "hitboxes", or maybe i should just visit this page [color=#0f72da]learn the hitboxes[/color].

"ST" is short for Side Torso - it can be used to refer to either Left or Right, or both of them in general.

"Hitboxes" are the discrete areas on 'Mechs that can be shot and take damage. Each 'Mech, for instance, has a "hitbox" for its head, one for its CT, one each for its Left and Right torso, one for each Arm, and one for each Leg (and in the cases of the Torsos, there is an additional hitbox for the "rear" of each one).

Some 'Mechs had their hitboxes adjusted to make certain portions of the 'Mech bigger or smaller. For instance, the Awesome had its Center Torso hitbox shrunk, but to compensate both the Left and Right Torso hitboxes were made larger. This had the effect of making the Center Torso slightly smaller (thus, harder to reliably hit) and each of the Side Torsos a little bigger (thus, more easily hit).

Edited by DEMAX51, 16 September 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#2578 TrainWreck102

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIl, USA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

OOOOOOOOHHHHH, Well in that case I NEED to know where those hitboxes are!!!!! ASAP

is there a way i can search thru a specific thread, w/out searching the forums

Edited by TrainWreck102, 16 September 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#2579 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostTrainWreck102, on 16 September 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

OOOOOOOOHHHHH, Well in that case I NEED to know where those hitboxes are!!!!! ASAP

is there a way i can search thru a specific thread, w/out searching the forums

Not really, but you can use CTRL-F to look for a keyword on the webpage.

#2580 TrainWreck102

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIl, USA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

that's also what i was trying to avoid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users