#2961 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:51 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 25 November 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

One time camo....

Does this mean... Every mech i own of that type, gets a one time camo? Or, is it just the single mech i pick?

Just that one single Mech you initially put it on.

The "permanent" unlock opens it up for any variants you own of that chassis, but only THAT chassis.

There's no way to unlock a camo for every different chassis you own.

Edited by DEMAX51, 25 November 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#2962 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

no.. i get that.. but i thought the big money camo was for any mech of that chasis.. aka HBK for example.. then any time you can go back...

one time... I thought was just for one mech, of say HBK style... Or is it every HBK i own, one time?

#2963 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 25 November 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

no.. i get that.. but i thought the big money camo was for any mech of that chasis.. aka HBK for example.. then any time you can go back...

one time... I thought was just for one mech, of say HBK style... Or is it every HBK i own, one time?

No, you're right (and DEMAX is too, you're just not quite using the same words).

One-shot is for a single instance of a single variant (i.e. a particular HBK-4G) once. Once changed, it's gone forever.

Unlock is for all instances of all variants of a single chassis (i.e. HBK) on and off as many times as you like, you'll always be able to use it.

Note that it in both cases, colors can be changed freely.

#2964 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:57 PM

Translate one-shot as one mech. Cheapest solution. Need to pay again if You want to change it.

#2965 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

Doing some calculations for Black Friday and my brain is colapsed. So question:
What is a sell price of stock mech (not altered after buying, with all weapons and engine). 50 % for complete?

#2966 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostExoForce, on 26 November 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Doing some calculations for Black Friday and my brain is colapsed. So question:
What is a sell price of stock mech (not altered after buying, with all weapons and engine). 50 % for complete?

Yep. Note that you get nothing back from upgrades, which is why selling is usually viewed as a ripoff.

#2967 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

Except when buying Black Friday Mastery Pack for BF MCs pack and selling redundant mechs.. I think.. Will go to sleep now...

#2968 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

Do I really need 2255 files in C:\Program Files\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\PatcherLogs ?
Looks like frontend and bootstrap pather logs are created every battle!

#2969 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostExoForce, on 27 November 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

Do I really need 2255 files in C:\Program Files\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\PatcherLogs ?
Looks like frontend and bootstrap pather logs are created every battle!

I'm pretty sure you can remove those if you don't plan to send in any crash logs.

#2970 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:21 AM

View PostWarrior Caste, on 25 November 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

If you TAG a mech after you fire your Lrms, will the Lrms that are currently in flight receive the TAG bonuses?

View PostDEMAX51, on 25 November 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Yes.

TAG does a few things:

1. Helps you get a faster lock (if you're TAGging the 'Mech while you're acquiring the lock)
2. Cuts through ECM to allow targeting on ECM-protected 'Mechs (again, TAGging while achieving lock)
3. Tighter Missile Grouping (if you TAG the 'Mech while the missiles are in flight)

To make the most of bonus number three, get the TAG on target just before the missiles hit and keep it on target as they impact.

Demax51 is correct but you do still need a lock when firing, if you fire without a lock then use TAG to get a lock after the missiles are in flight TAG will do nothing. however if you fire with a lock, loose it, then regain it you still get the bonuses

#2971 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:15 AM

What are the loadouts on Mastery Bundle bought mechs? I read somewhere that the Firestarters come pre-Endo and DHS.

#2972 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:22 AM

View PostEonai, on 28 November 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

What are the loadouts on Mastery Bundle bought mechs? I read somewhere that the Firestarters come pre-Endo and DHS.

The Mastery bundle comes with one hero mech, one champion mech, and one regular stock mech. Smurfy can provide the exact loadouts for the variants included, and this reference thread will tell you which variant is in the bundle.

The Champion Firestarter has endo, dhs, and an xl 295 installed, but not every champion or hero has "ideal" upgrades. The regular stock one won't have very much because it's stock.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 28 November 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#2973 BeaverOnFire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hi,

when i buy a camo pattern, is the camo useable for every mech i own or is it mech specific? I used the search and found sources from the beginning of this year, that the camo is only for one mech or the chassis. Ingame i can´t find a sign, that carifies it for me and now i´m confused.

Could you give me a short answer? Would be much appreciated!

Cheers

#2974 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostBeaverOnFire, on 28 November 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Hi,

when i buy a camo pattern, is the camo useable for every mech i own or is it mech specific? I used the search and found sources from the beginning of this year, that the camo is only for one mech or the chassis. Ingame i can´t find a sign, that carifies it for me and now i´m confused.

Could you give me a short answer? Would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Two versions:

1) One-Shot: Can be placed on a single mech once. If ever removed, gone forever.

2) Unlock: Allows the camo to be turned on and off any number of times for all non-pattern-locked variants of a single chassis an unlimited number of times.

Note that both versions allow any amount of color-swapping, it's only the pattern that is in play here.

Edited by Terciel1976, 28 November 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#2975 anonymous45

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:17 AM

I use TBT-7K, loaded with PPC + AC/5, full armor, STD200 engine. I'll gonna swap them to XL245, and want to ask, will be better UAC/5 than 2xAC/2? With UAC/5 I can use 2xSSRM2.

#2976 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

2 AC2 will have slightly higher DPS than UAC5 but the UAC5 is a lot lighter and has the risk of jamming.

taking into account the AC5 quirk it fires 20% faster and 20% cooler while other ACs only get a 10% boost, in this case I would stick with the AC5, and invest the extra tonnage in ether a second PPC, Larger engine or SRMs, if you want to use streak SRMs you should also take a BAP or TAG to allow you to lock in the presence of ECM

if you do not already own an XL245 I would strongly recommend using 255 instead as that is only a half ton heavier, you have to add an extra heatsink for engines below 250, and the XL250 and 255 weigh the same. if you are planning to use DHS that saves you 3 slots potentially allowing the use of Fero Fibrus armor.

based on the Mechs Quirks and your requests here are a few suggestions
with SSRM BAP and ML
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1886f2f7d9661f9
with 2 PPC, will run hot
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6df64436b6b64f4
2 SRM4, again will run hot
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b0a181d46d55469

#2977 anonymous45

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

To Rogue Jedi

Much thanks! You put a lot of armor in the back. this is worth of it?

Edited by Iron Joe, 30 November 2014 - 01:46 PM.

#2978 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostIron Joe, on 30 November 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

To Rogue Jedi

armor distribution is purely down to personal preference, for that I just used the smurfy max armor button.

I have not played the Trebuchet recently so I do not remember how it distributes damage, some Mechs you can have 90% of armor on the front, others need a 70/30 or even 60/40 armor distribution, in my case armor distribution is trial and error, if you are frequently dying with armor left on the front then it is worth adding more to the back, if you rarely loose any armor off the back you may be able to move more to the front.

I general just max armor then after a few games I may play around with the distribution if I notice a pattern with remaining armor

#2979 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:26 AM

Don't let me forget guys, I need to update the second post in the thread (the big post last updated last December).

It will be sometime before January.

#2980 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostIron Joe, on 30 November 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

To Rogue Jedi

This varies from mech to mech. A mech with exploitable hitboxes (such as the Timber Wolf), having rear armor be so high is completely pointless. (Good news is, stand behind a TW that doesn't know you're there and shoot everything in the back when the back is facing you... guaranteed to get a near instant kill).

The Trebuchet, however, has no tangible exploits in its hit boxes so it is almost necessary to have strong rear armor. The low amount of armor that mediums tend to have also makes it more important to twist and spread damage rather than 'stare' and 'tank' damage.

Here's to hoping for good hitbox overhauls in the near future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users