10296 replies to this topic

#3101 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

Armor should be maxed or near maxed whether in CW or not, honestly. However, if you are one of those guys that skimp on legs or arms, you should definitely add some. Your mech hitboxes are the same in CW and your mech is still going to be shot in the same places and die in the same sorts of ways, so it's not all that different. I rarely have max armor on my head because it's rare that I die to a headshot. This has not changed in CW, so that frees an extra 1/2 ton all the time for me.

Still, plan for longetivity. That means, bring sufficient amounts of ammo, consider a standard engine over XL, possibly a slower engine for more armor or weapons, or ammo. Make sure to bring a medium to long range weapon as most of the fighting seems to be sniping. In short, you may need a more well-rounded build if yours is set up as a one trick pony.

#3102 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

in the cw match I just had, I got a subtotal of 452 xp, 148 mech bonus, 8 omnipod bonus, and a total of 452. the math seems off there... my drop deck was all 3 hbr's and the adder prime.

does anyone know what happened to the bonus xp?

Edited by Jaegerwulf, 17 December 2014 - 11:43 PM.

#3103 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:19 AM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 17 December 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

in the cw match I just had, I got a subtotal of 452 xp, 148 mech bonus, 8 omnipod bonus, and a total of 452. the math seems off there... my drop deck was all 3 hbr's and the adder prime.

does anyone know what happened to the bonus xp?

The Subtotal seems wrong, as it is the same as total.
Had the same issue, added all the numbers together and just saw that everything + bonus = total and the subtotal is just showing the same number.

#3104 BeaverOnFire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

I bought a gift (Premium time) for a friend, the purchase was successful but where is the code and how do i send it to my friend? i really am confused! Any help would be much appreciated!

Greetings

Edit: NVM, i got two emails and not one. :) now i´m all happy again

Edited by BeaverOnFire, 19 December 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#3105 ZeroRadium

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

Could you give me your thoughts on this mech build. I am trying to find the best Atlas build for me.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...echlab#modified

#3106 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostDreadStrike, on 19 December 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Could you give me your thoughts on this mech build. I am trying to find the best Atlas build for me.

Link just comes up with an empty Smurfy Mechlab. Did you hit the "save and share" button, and use the subsequent direct link it gives you? Because you can't just take the link from your address bar.

Edited by DEMAX51, 19 December 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#3107 RedEagle86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

What kind of fighter are you? Long-range, brawler... Types of weapons you like...

#3108 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostDreadStrike, on 19 December 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Your best bet would be to hit the section of the forums for builds. Then you can see what others are using and more likely to find someone who uses that mech on a regular basis.

#3109 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:36 AM

Can someone give me the short and skinny of how to group with friends? I did a search tonight but the answers were all from the beta test version, which I remember how to do then but couldn't figure out tonight.

Pretty sure it was staring me in the face the whole time.

#3110 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:49 AM

View PostColonelProctor, on 21 December 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Can someone give me the short and skinny of how to group with friends? I did a search tonight but the answers were all from the beta test version, which I remember how to do then but couldn't figure out tonight.

Pretty sure it was staring me in the face the whole time.

There's a button on the bottom of the UI with 3 heads. Click that. There's a button on there to create a group. Click it. Now on the friend list, click on the friends you want to invite to the group and a little popup menu appears to the right of each one. You can then select Invite to Group. Note that you can only invite people already on your friend list.

#3111 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:54 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 21 December 2014 - 01:49 AM, said:

There's a button on the bottom of the UI with 3 heads. Click that. There's a button on there to create a group. Click it. Now on the friend list, click on the friends you want to invite to the group and a little popup menu appears to the right of each one. You can then select Invite to Group. Note that you can only invite people already on your friend list.

Thanks! I must have overlooked the invite button. I don't remember seeing it. Now I know what to look for.

#3112 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:04 AM

I may be off on my directions, fyi. I play solo 95% of the time.

#3113 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:39 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 21 December 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

I may be off on my directions, fyi. I play solo 95% of the time.

I do solo all the time just cause I only added the one friend when we were in beta. We have both played many years with Battletech. Got school finished and came back to MWO. Missed playing it.

#3114 Dariusich

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

hello guys, I have a few quick questions for you

1) how do you change your faction?
2) how do you participate in clan wars with premade?

sorry for bad english and thank you!

#3115 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostNeveRxDeaD, on 24 December 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

hello guys, I have a few quick questions for you

1) how do you change your faction?
2) how do you participate in clan wars with premade?

sorry for bad english and thank you!

1) in game go to the faction tab, there you can change faction unless you have signed a contract with a faction already in which case you have to ether pay a penalty to get out of the contract or wait until it expires, if you join or are part of a unit, the unit leaders choice will apply to you.

2) unfortunately as far as I know (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) the only way to do this is to join a unit, search the recruitment subforum to find a unit,
http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/
If you are only interested in being part of a specific faction look in that factions section, if you are not too bothered which faction you are with look in the Merc Corp forum.
I am part of a Merc Corp under contract with Davion,if this is of interest then check out the link in my signature.

your English looks fine, indeed based on that short question it looks far better than a lot of UK/US players

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 24 December 2014 - 12:30 AM.

#3116 Kadix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 169 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

How long after a gift code is redeemed will it be before the items appear in game?

(I bought mech packs for old two friends and we're getting together tomorrow to play. I'm hoping the mechs show up.)

#3117 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:18 PM

Once redeeming the codes, they might just need to log in or relog for it to appear, or the injection script might run hourly or daily. I'm not sure. there should be an faq.

#3118 Kadix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 169 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 25 December 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

Once redeeming the codes, they might just need to log in or relog for it to appear, or the injection script might run hourly or daily. I'm not sure. there should be an faq.

So in other words you have absolutely no clue.

If you don't know the answer to a question, feel free to not answer.

#3119 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostKadix, on 25 December 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

So in other words you have absolutely no clue.

If you don't know the answer to a question, feel free to not answer.

If someone answers your question so that you know someone is at least paying attention, and gives you a clue as to when it could happen, and also gives you a hint as to how you could find it yourself, feel free not to be a male reproductive organ about it.

#3120 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

I tried looking for an answer after my post, but I'm afraid I didn't find anything conclusive. The posts I found all referred to bonus things like the King Crab or the Maddog.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users