#3281 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 25 January 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

or you can have artemis and a BAP to help speed up the lock... BAP blocks ECM as well

BAP does not speed up lock time. This is a common misconception. It speeds target information gathering in the same manner as the module of that name.

#3282 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:14 PM

Anyone had luck with their DDCs (or any other Atlas but I really want the S, the other Atlases are tough to use nowadays)?

King Crabs, Stalkers, Banshees, Dire Wolves, even Awesomes feel like they have higher amounts of brutal damage, and the ECM feels very lackluster since I have it countered against any mech. LRMs hit me like any other, and I feel more often than when I'm in the trial Dire Wolf (it works if you know how to use it.) My torsos seem to instantly fall apart in any case, even if my arms are in their face (like I run into collision issues by being right next to them and they are blowing my side torsos off in a 1v1 case).

I used to be able to pull off tons of damage no problem but nowadays it's near impossible since I die so quickly (And usually I have multiple assaults buddying up with me). I was quite angry when King Crab had it's place (it basically put the nail in the coffin of the Atlas's role), and then came DWF-S with more mobility than any Atlas on any day, plus higher DPS, with only the ECM difference which at this point does near nothing.

So... how are you guys doing in your DDCs?

BTW, over both challenges, I did get through my Jenners heavily and made multiple 1000+ damage games with multiple kills, so thanks to all that helped on that. :) Other mechs I have been using are my Hunch/Raven/Shad/Cataphract/Cent/Catapult and the only one I really need to master is the Thunderbolt 9S (which I need to actually start now.) All those mechs have pulled their weight at this point in time, but my Atlases have been sadly falling from usage. Here is my build btw: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...41f3d34c072decd

Edited by luxebo, 26 January 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#3283 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:39 PM

Literally the first game I play right after I posted the above I scored 1400 damage and 8 kills. :lol: B)

Nevertheless share your experiences as a DDC pilot (if you are one), and maybe some tips if possible.

Edited by luxebo, 26 January 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#3284 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

I haven't tried a DDC, but the BH makes me miserable on a regular basis, the K was either fantastic or garbage seemingly at random, and the S was pretty good, but no King Crab.

#3285 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

I think with Hellbringers adding more potential ECM coverage to the enemy, people are becoming more aware of counter options, most prominently the improved BAP counter range.
For a D-DC, BAP seems to be it's biggest weakness. The weapon locations and hardpoint distribution make it difficult to bring decent long range punch (for example a PPC) to get yourself an advantage before the brawling starts. Brawling another Assault with BAP means losing your biggest advantage, isolation, and makes you exposable to enemy LRM support.

#3286 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

I'm not the forum police, but I'm not sure an extended DDC discussion belongs in this thread.

#3287 BadCat MK IX

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

Can we set up which weapons fires first on a chain fire rotation (one weapon group)?
Or we need to use a macro for that? Thanks

#3288 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

View PostBadCat MK IX, on 27 January 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Can we set up which weapons fires first on a chain fire rotation (one weapon group)?
Or we need to use a macro for that? Thanks

You'll need a macro or some other outside control. In game it just goes down the list.

#3289 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

I think you CAN actually control which one fires first by having that specific weapon highlighted when you hit the "Chain Fire" toggle, but after that it just goes down the list and loops around.

Edited by DEMAX51, 27 January 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#3290 BadCat MK IX

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

Thanks, I will try as soon as I can

View PostTerciel1976, on 25 January 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

BAP does not speed up lock time. This is a common misconception. It speeds target information gathering in the same manner as the module of that name.

So, if I carry BAP, TARGET INFO GATHERING module is redundant or they stack together?

Edited by BadCat MK IX, 27 January 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#3291 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostBadCat MK IX, on 27 January 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

So, if I carry BAP, TARGET INFO GATHERING module is redundant or they stack together?

They stack, so with both you get targeting data very, very quickly.

#3292 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 27 January 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

I'm not the forum police, but I'm not sure an extended DDC discussion belongs in this thread.

Ok. :ph34r: Yeah I guess if anyone wants to they can pm me their experiences/advice. Thought that my question was gonna be shorter (though my Jenner question was just about as long if I recall.) Really the question is the second post.

View PostTim East, on 26 January 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

I haven't tried a DDC, but the BH makes me miserable on a regular basis, the K was either fantastic or garbage seemingly at random, and the S was pretty good, but no King Crab.

DDC is similar to S, just less alpha traded for ECM. BH in my opinion is good, but gets focused on torsos basically exclusively, so ends up with no weapons quickly. The K... eh I didn't like it. Thanks Tim East. :)

View PostSethAbercromby, on 27 January 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

I think with Hellbringers adding more potential ECM coverage to the enemy, people are becoming more aware of counter options, most prominently the improved BAP counter range.
For a D-DC, BAP seems to be it's biggest weakness. The weapon locations and hardpoint distribution make it difficult to bring decent long range punch (for example a PPC) to get yourself an advantage before the brawling starts. Brawling another Assault with BAP means losing your biggest advantage, isolation, and makes you exposable to enemy LRM support.

Actually I think NARC is a auto-kill on the DDC. My Raven loses ECM sometimes but I usually can run away to get back ECM cover, but my DDC keeps getting screwed with ECM. BAP I think is a pain, but usually I can end any one with BAP (except lights) so I can return to ECM cover. It's two+ which frustrate me since I can't kill everyone with BAP.

I hope they add NARC/TAG tabs so everyone can tell whether NARCed or TAGed. Thanks Seth. :)

Edited by luxebo, 27 January 2015 - 07:44 PM.

#3293 barondaddy

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

How do I join a faction? I want to help the Draconis Combine.

#3294 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

View Postbarondaddy, on 30 January 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

You need to join in-game. Under the Faction Tab you will find the Flag for Kurita, the Red Dragon, when selected it brings you to some choices as to contract.

I would recommend a shorter contract, not the Permanent, since it is expensive to cancel, if you later decide to join a different Faction.

#3295 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

View Postbarondaddy, on 30 January 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

To add to what Praetor has said:

I recommend contracts of the 14 to 28 day lengths. These give better payouts than the 7 day, and won't lock you in like a permanent contract.

Also find out Kurita's big teamspeak servers if you can, this will help you find out where the action is and get into Community Warfare matches much faster than trying to do it alone.

#3296 Legal Insurrection

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

CW question:

When I drop in with a 12 person crew it is all different houses, but the other side is all one house- How can you get a drop with one house rather than mixed?

example pic:

Posted Image

Edited by Legal Insurrection, 01 February 2015 - 08:12 PM.

#3297 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

It's a special case--all IS factions can defend any planet from a clan faction. All IS vs IS battle are one faction vs another and all clan vs clan are too, but in the lore, the IS only defeat the clan by teaming up against them. Unfortunately, that is not happening here. Rather the opposite in fact.

#3298 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 01 February 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

It's a special case--all IS factions can defend any planet from a clan faction. All IS vs IS battle are one faction vs another and all clan vs clan are too, but in the lore, the IS only defeat the clan by teaming up against them. Unfortunately, that is not happening here. Rather the opposite in fact.

I agree on that one. Due to heavy PUG saturation on IS side get the Clan uints an uninintentional advantage. The IS Units are no less sucsessful, but for every win they make, 2 PUG teams lose against the other Clan units.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 02 February 2015 - 04:26 AM.

#3299 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostLegal Insurrection, on 01 February 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

CW question:

When I drop in with a 12 person crew it is all different houses, but the other side is all one house- How can you get a drop with one house rather than mixed?

ensure you are dropping against another IS house, look at who is attacking and defending, if the occupying unit is not IS then do not attack/defend, multiple factions only get involved in a Clan vs IS fight (the same is true if you ever join a Clan faction, Clan vs IS the other factions can "assist" but Clan vs Clan it is just the 2 Clans directly involved)

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 02 February 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#3300 Evil Deaz

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 35 posts
  • LocationPR

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:55 PM

Got a question on forming lances. I guess they changed the way it use to be done. Just wondering if somebody can walk me through the new way on forming lances with friends

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users