#3701 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:58 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 18 April 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

what about ammo? i don't own is mechs but i believe it should be interchangeable

View PostTerciel1976, on 18 April 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

No. Ammo is unique by weapon (exc: SRM, LRM, S-SRM is shared within "families.")

for the sake of this game Clan and Inner Sphere weapons are treated as different weapon types, e.g. a Clan LRM15 with Artemus is a different weapon with different ammo to an Inner Sphere LRM15 with Artemus, the IS can use any IS LRM with Artemus ammo, the Clan can use any Clan LRM with Artemus ammo but it cannot be transferred between the 2, and also cannot be fitted to Mechs without the Artemus upgrade.

that applies to all weapons and ammo so a Clan Ultra AC5 is completely different with different ammo and modules to an IS Ultra AC5 or a Clan AC5 or Clan LB-5X AC

I hope that helps you understand.

#3702 evdzver

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:55 PM

Please provide list of important upgrades for King Crab. My first Crow is Clan,
that I can't change anything in it, except weapon loadout.

I'm learning to pilot Crab, and I die much more easy in assault than in my medium.
example XL engine, double heat sink, endo steel. I don't have credits to buy all,
I see for myself.
I have stock KGC-0000, biggest problem is low ammo.

Edited by evdzver, 19 April 2015 - 12:04 AM.

#3703 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:30 AM

View Postevdzver, on 18 April 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

I'm learning to pilot Crab, and I die much more easy in assault than in my medium.
example XL engine, double heat sink, endo steel. I don't have credits to buy all,
I see for myself.

In short:
- Double Heatsinks is a MUST, get this ASAP.
- Usually you never put XL engines in assault mechs (besides a very fast Victor).
- Endo is nearly always worth it, but the King Crab with AC20 can run out of space fast.
- Ferro Fibrous armor is nearly always bad and you only take it on smaller mechs together with Endo because you don't have so much stuff in the mech and need every ton possible.

The Guides section has subforums for Battlemechs and even Assault mechs: http://mwomercs.com/...96-battlemechs/
Here you can find and ask about certain mechs and variants.

E.g. there is one threat for the King Crab like this: http://mwomercs.com/...ingcrab-builds/
Lots of builds in there.

Edited by Reno Blade, 19 April 2015 - 12:32 AM.

#3704 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:49 AM

Spoiler

Anybody willing to explain this?

Spoiler

Edited by Sarlic, 19 April 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#3705 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:56 AM

View PostSarlic, on 19 April 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

Spoiler

Anybody willing to explain this? Look at the health, look at the paperdoll and then look at the disable gauss rifle. I have more examples. This is almost impossible to shield off from. There is no ammo transfer, no ST destroyed, no armor breach on the front, etc.

With just one volley in my back the gauss rifle gets disabled. It's frustating as hell how easily a ST of a Atlas can be disable by one volley.

Gauss in Atlas isn't usually a super-great idea, since that right torso tends to get focused pretty hard even from the front, and almost any damage at all past armor will make the rifle pop you for an extra 15. It's like having the thing pointed at yourself, seriously. Also, the location of that isn't great for a sniping weapon, since it's all low-slung.

I see that you have orange internals on that right side, and a hole in your back armor. Gauss rifles tend to take up a lot of slots, which means that when an attack breaks through armor, they are far and away the most likely thing to take critical damage, and they also have much less hp than most other components. They're pretty much designed to screw you if they get exposed to too much fire as a sort of balance mechanic.

#3706 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:03 AM

View PostTim East, on 19 April 2015 - 01:56 AM, said:

Gauss in Atlas isn't usually a super-great idea, since that right torso tends to get focused pretty hard even from the front, and almost any damage at all past armor will make the rifle pop you for an extra 15. It's like having the thing pointed at yourself, seriously. Also, the location of that isn't great for a sniping weapon, since it's all low-slung.

I see that you have orange internals on that right side, and a hole in your back armor. Gauss rifles tend to take up a lot of slots, which means that when an attack breaks through armor, they are far and away the most likely thing to take critical damage, and they also have much less hp than most other components. They're pretty much designed to screw you if they get exposed to too much fire as a sort of balance mechanic.

Problem also arise that the rifle only has 5 hp. Basic info about the rifle is known here.

Although its a unwritten rule pilots should not carry one in the Atlas, still does not go away it's disabled too easily.. I have been testing numerous builds. The point is not is to carry or not to carry the gauss rifle on a Atlas is that the rifle is faster disabled then i have seen on other mechs. With gauss ammo in the same ST the critc chance should be smaller, but with that breach on just 90% goes my head scratching.

Its only yellow / light orange. I had some cases all was yellow. I can tell ya its deadly annoying.

So far we can tell its high risk weapon / high reward, but with that easy volley on the small hp rifle is almost not worth it taking it out for a spin.

I need more testing though. But i like challenges, the gauss rifle is a good weapon in the right hands. Unfortunatly my chassis is not the best suited around here ;)

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Edited by Sarlic, 19 April 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#3707 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:15 AM

View PostBanditman, on 18 April 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

The Crab is an IS mech. You own two different sets of technologies.

what
i do not
i only own a small pack of foxes

#3708 Arnie76

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:33 AM

I see for myself.

View PostReno Blade, on 19 April 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

well condensed information about upgrades and where to get information.

Additionally, if you are not aware yet, this site lets you experiment with builds without actually buying the mech/equipment/upgrades:
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

And this is a community that discusses builds for every mech. Just reading through it helped me understand things a lot better:
http://www.mechspecs.com/

Also take note that a slow assault is less forgiving regarding positioning than a fast medium (with SCR considered THE best medium in the game atm). So when playing your King Crab you'll have to plan ahead a lot more while trying not be on your own. An assault will also be a more important and easier to hit target for the enemy.
-> Don't give up and try to have fun even if you die early.
I suggest to spectate other players with similar mechs even if that means starting the next match later (referring to one of your earlier questions) to see how they play and what they carry as loadout.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Arnie76, 19 April 2015 - 03:56 AM.

#3709 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:54 AM

I see for myself.

Reno Blade told you what, but not why.

an XL engine in an IS Mech means when a side torso is destroyed you loose the Mech (as opposed to the Clan XL where you have to loose both sides), there are plenty of Mechs where it is a worthwhile tradeoff, but in the heavier assaults it rarely is.

Double Heat Sinks are almost always a worthwhile upgrade, the unremolvable heatsinks built in to the engine provide the equivalent of 2 single heatsinks worth of cooling and heat capacity, extra heatsinks ether in the engine or elsewhere in the Mech provide 1.4x the cooling of standard heatsinks.

Endo Steel Internal structure is usualy a worthwhile upgrade, you trade 14 slots for a weight saving, on you crab you may not have 14 spare slots, if not then Endo is a bad idea, no point having extra tonnage to use and not being able to use it.

Fero Fibrous Armor provides weight saving in exchange for slots, however endo provides roughly double the weight savings, so avoid Fero unless you already have Endo fitted and still have more than 14 slots spare.

#3710 evdzver

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

Thanks Reno Blade and Rogue Jedi,
I want to ask about skill and MXP,
Apparently I have over 100 000 MXP and want to skill my Crow.
I unlocked all of basics, and now it wants me to have the other 3 variants of Crow chassis.
How to buy it, it surely isn't by buying all three mechs whole ? For example I bought it for 11 000 000 Cbills,
I don't have to pay 33 000 000 for unlocking ?

#3711 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

you do
you should buy 2 other stormcrows whole

it's not that bad as it seems at first (it shocked me too)
you will have them to play when you died (esc and choose another stormcrow) and you can deck them for cw

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 19 April 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#3712 evdzver

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:56 PM

Thanks bad arcade kitty,
I usually play Public matches, I don't expect to be able to switch mechs when dead there ?
Also what is/does artemis ?

#3713 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

View Postevdzver, on 19 April 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

Thanks bad arcade kitty,
I usually play Public matches, I don't expect to be able to switch mechs when dead there ?
Also what is/does artemis ?

Artemis helps...
LRMs by giving a faster lock and tighter spread if you have LoS (line of sight, as in you can hit them with a laser)
SRMs by tightening the spread
SSRMs (streaks) by giving a faster lock on speed. This is actually a function of LRMs but the way locks are implemented, it also helps streaks.
By "spread" I mean less of a shotgun-effect from the missiles; their cone of fire is narrower.
--
Will L-AMS (laser anti-missile system) ever be implemented?

Edited by Tylerchu, 19 April 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#3714 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

when you are dead, you can leave a match with esc, choose another mech and queue for a new match
if you don't choose another mech you will simply reconnect

you will get most of the match rewards http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3729120

as for artemis http://mwo.gamepedia.../Artemis_IV_FCS

#3715 evdzver

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

How can I see my teammates loadout. When game is over I want to see the guys with most damage
what weapons are using. Or is there some replay or else.
Thanks

#3716 Phobic Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

View Postevdzver, on 20 April 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

How can I see my teammates loadout. When game is over I want to see the guys with most damage
Thanks

At the moment there's no way to do that (besides spectating after your death). The best way I've found is asking post match.

#3717 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:20 AM

View Postevdzver, on 20 April 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

Thanks

The weapons they use are far less important than how they use them. Experience is the greatest teacher. Spectating can help, but there will never be a substitute for getting out there and trying things.

#3718 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

is radar derp worth picking for a ecm mech or it's overkill and basically useless?

i see, ty

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 21 April 2015 - 09:13 PM.

#3719 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:59 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 21 April 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

is radar derp worth picking for a ecm mech or it's overkill and basically useless?

Somewhere between those. It's not worthless, but there are often better choices.

#3720 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 21 April 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

I use it. It's pretty good for those instances when you get countered or want to counter others. Not useless, but hardly essential.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users