#6101 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

View PostBGrey, on 30 April 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

For the prove your allegiance event (and other similar things), is your choice of reward mechs governed by your faction?

Does not seem to be.

#6102 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

For X = 1 to Y
RNG (12)
Kill X
NEXT

Y = ?

#6103 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:30 PM

You can choose any mech.

#6104 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:14 AM

I have seen many headshots with the arty strike, but not with the air strike. Air strike is more dense, so I would expect otherwise. XML shows the same mechanism, with modified values. (This is not a question about LT).

Is there some random function coded somewhere else for the arty and not for the air strike?

Edited by ExoForce, 04 May 2016 - 12:24 AM.

#6105 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:33 AM

View PostExoForce, on 04 May 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

I have seen many headshots with the arty strike, but not with the air strike. Air strike is more dense, so I would expect otherwise. XML shows the same mechanism, with modified values. (This is not a question about LT).

Is there some random function coded somewhere else for the arty and not for the air strike?

As far as I know, they run on the same code.

However, this is not the "Daily whine" thread and your question doesn't seem to be an actual question about game play and instead about some obscure game mechanic/code (which is going to get changed next patch from my understanding of recent announcements).

Anyway. Air, arty and Long Tom all share the same "random component targeting" code. They all have the same "chance" to hit the head of a mech (but last I recalled, it should be at reduced damage). (As an added note (last I knew), any strike can not kill a mech with full head health, as they deal reduced damage to the head component. But a damaged/underarmored head can take the strike and be instantly destroyed. Long Tom may be excluded from this simply from the amount of damage it deals.) (I do believe this was what you were looking for?)

#6106 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:41 AM

View PostTesunie, on 04 May 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

(As an added note (last I knew), any strike can not kill a mech with full head health, as they deal reduced damage to the head component. But a damaged/underarmored head can take the strike and be instantly destroyed. Long Tom may be excluded from this simply from the amount of damage it deals.) (I do believe this was what you were looking for?)

I am pretty sure each "shell" from an Air/Arty strike does 30 damage, if your head has max armour that is 33 hp (18 armour + 15 structure), so a strike cannot kill a Mech with full head armour unless it crits head ammo, however at one point the strike shells/bombs each dealt 35 damage, that was reduced specifically so you could not be killed by an air/arty strike head shot (assuming max armour, and no explosive ammo in the head)

#6107 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

Thank You all for the answers. I have never seen air strike headshot, but I see arty headshots from time to time. I did forgot about ammo in the head. Consider this debate closed. Regards.

#6108 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:26 AM

One time my mech was killed by TWO arty strikes in the head but never by single strike.

#6109 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

Speaking of artillery and air strikes, which would you all say is the most favourable to use, in terms of being able to deal the most damage anywhere on an enemy 'Mech (not just a head shot)?

#6110 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

Depends. Arty is better for slow-moving guys clustered together. Airstrike is better for certain kinds of light anti-pursuit options, or for hitting enemies behind an object or in a line. I prefer Airstrike, personally.

#6111 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:33 PM

What does the -50% external heat transfer quirk on Hellslinger (Battlemaster hero) mean? Does it halve heat sink effectiveness?

#6112 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:50 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 06 May 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

What does the -50% external heat transfer quirk on Hellslinger (Battlemaster hero) mean? Does it halve heat sink effectiveness?

That reduces the effect external temperature has on the mech.

What this means is that Hot maps will not slow down your cooling as much, but neither will cool maps increase your cooling. Overall, it's a better quirk to have if given the choice. The Hero mech Hellslinger is the only known mech with this quirk currently.

If this doesn't make sense to you, just let me know and I'll try to explain in more detail if I can.

#6113 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:31 AM

Nope that makes sense, both your explanation and the quirk itself - a mech called Hellslinger that operates just as well on a fiery hellscape like Terra Therma makes perfect sense

#6114 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:13 AM

View PostExoForce, on 04 May 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

Thank You all for the answers. I have never seen air strike headshot, but I see arty headshots from time to time. I did forgot about ammo in the head. Consider this debate closed. Regards.

I have gotten taken out by air strikes to the head on more than one occasion. I also shave armor from my head (most often still have 12 armor)

#6115 BlackBorder

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:01 AM

Hi gyus. I confused with clan omni mechs. By changing ompi pods I can change any variant to any other variant, that rigth? So no point to buy different chassis for omnies, exept to get mastery, then sell it?

#6116 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:09 AM

In a way, but quite often the centre torso (which determines what variant the build shows up as) and occasionally maybe the head pods have quirks that aren't on the others that are able to be swapped out. That said, they're apparently fairly negligible given how often people mix and match - some of the clan champion builds are practically that variant in name only, given how many other different omnipods have been swapped onto it.
The short answer is that sometimes the CT quirks on that variant make it reason enough to buy over just hot-swapping ST and arm pods to make the same loadout, so aside from the reason you listed, there is another point

#6117 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:36 AM

View PostBlackBorder, on 07 May 2016 - 06:01 AM, said:

Hi gyus. I confused with clan omni mechs. By changing ompi pods I can change any variant to any other variant, that rigth? So no point to buy different chassis for omnies, exept to get mastery, then sell it?

if you want to master the Mech unfortunately you still have to buy 3 diferant varients, you can change any pod except for the CT, but the CT is used to identify which varient you have
you can swop the head, both arms, both side torsos and both legs.
The CT is the only pod you cannot swop, as the CT is treated as the variant, you can have 7 pods from the -Prime on your -S variant but so long as it has the -S CT it is considered to be the -S for XP purposes and you still need to complete the Basic skills on 3 variants before you can unlock Elite or Master.

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 07 May 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

In a way, but quite often the centre torso (which determines what variant the build shows up as) and occasionally maybe the head pods have quirks that aren't on the others that are able to be swapped out. That said, they're apparently fairly negligible given how often people mix and match - some of the clan champion builds are practically that variant in name only, given how many other different omnipods have been swapped onto it.
The short answer is that sometimes the CT quirks on that variant make it reason enough to buy over just hot-swapping ST and arm pods to make the same loadout, so aside from the reason you listed, there is another point

you can swop the head

A more significant reason than the quirks that the CT can matter is that many Mechs have variants with hardpoints on the CT, for example the TBR-Prime has 1 B hardpoint in the CT, the S has 1 fixed Jumpjet in the CT, the other variants have 1E hardpoint in the CT

#6118 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 07 May 2016 - 12:31 AM, said:

Nope that makes sense, both your explanation and the quirk itself - a mech called Hellslinger that operates just as well on a fiery hellscape like Terra Therma makes perfect sense

To add to what was said: Night Gyr by way of the laser heatsinks it will have, will also have this quirk but at 75 to 100%. This is naturally a double edged sword. It will also suffer a bright glow of light when overheating when the heatsinks work hard, giving away it's position in dark maps

#6119 Gerontius

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

Ok, So I First played MW back in the 80's.. loved it, I got a newer version many years later, cant remember the exact one but it came with a black or dark knight expansion? I have not played since then. Stumbled on some youtube vids of MW online and was amazed at how far it has come along.. decided to jump in and have a go..

I did have a good laugh at someone complaining about the standard of the current graphics..

So, Whats the current goto starter Mech.. After the 4 hour download Im not too interested in tactical stuff right now.. I just want to go kick up some dust..:)

#6120 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:16 AM

View PostMrGrunter, on 07 May 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

So, Whats the current goto starter Mech..

get the cadet bonus done first, this is the time where you experiment with playstyle/builds, use trials.

then after you have a preference, we can help.
Posted Image

coughhunchbackisgoodcough

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users