10292 replies to this topic

#6181 Spangle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

Search not working for some reason so probabaly already asked but...

Got stuck on the Initiating Drop screen left it alone and then it kicked me back to the mechlab clicked quick play again and it came back with the time out box for leaving too early/team damage/etc/etc then went away so clicked again and came back my mech was locked

Tried searching on here but like I say wouldn't come back with anything so clicked again and it let me in

Seems to be ok again but if this happens again does it mean an even longer time out?

#6182 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostSpangle, on 19 May 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

Got stuck on the Initiating Drop screen left it alone and then it kicked me back to the mechlab clicked quick play again and it came back with the time out box for leaving too early/team damage/etc/etc then went away so clicked again and came back my mech was locked

Tried searching on here but like I say wouldn't come back with anything so clicked again and it let me in

Seems to be ok again but if this happens again does it mean an even longer time out?

A: Sounds like a bug.
B: Sounds like the bug hit you with a "leaving early penalty".
C: Overall, it shouldn't affect you in the long run I would imagine. However, it is still very annoying.
D: Your mech was locked because "it was in a match". You should have been able to "rejoin" that match while it was in progress, which should have let you avoid the "disconnect too early fee".
E: If it happens again within a short time period (I think an hour?), it can extend your "time out".
F: Forum searches never seem to work well. Brings up everything but what you are looking for.
G: You can report bugs to PGI via E-mail. Click the support tab on the forums and copy the best E-mail link that seems to describe your problem.
H: There is no I.
Jklmnopqrstuvwxyz: for good measure. Posted Image

(Don't ask. I'm being overly silly today.)

#6183 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:30 PM

Refer to this post and thread for info and action required to help resolve matter.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5198451

#6184 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:33 PM

I once had an incident like that, for about 24 hours I could not drop on the EU server, but the US server was working fine.

it took me a while to figure that out but I could not connect to any match on the EU server, if I tried to reconnect I would spend about 2 minutes waiting for it to join before dropping back to the Mechlab, I am pretty sure the penalties reset if you have gone 4 hours without a penalty

#6185 Spangle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:51 AM

Thanks for the help everyone

See from that disconnects thread that they are investigating this problem, if it happens again I'll send them the info

Is there a different button to rejoin a match other than pushing quick play?

#6186 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

View PostSpangle, on 20 May 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

if you have the same Mech selected where it usually says quick play the button should instead say rejoin as long as that Mech is locked in the match

#6187 Spangle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:19 AM

It was the same mech but I'm 99.9% sure it said quick play
Will have to see if it ever happens again

#6188 Spangle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

I'm slowly compiling a list of new noob questions

Do peeps on here prefer a new thread or a continuation of my old one?

#6189 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:27 AM

View PostSpangle, on 21 May 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

I'm slowly compiling a list of new noob questions

Do peeps on here prefer a new thread or a continuation of my old one?

If it short - keep it here.

#6190 Spangle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:43 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 22 May 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

If it short - keep it here.

Will have to write them down and see how big it looks and have a search first in case they are already answered elsewhere

#6191 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

View PostSpangle, on 20 May 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 May 2016 - 02:55 AM, said:

if you have the same Mech selected where it usually says quick play the button should instead say rejoin as long as that Mech is locked in the match

This changed with the last patch.

Now anytime you have any 'mechs in live game, the Quick Play button creates a drop-down menu showing all live games. You then select one of those games and click the Rejoin Selected Game option.

Benefit: You no longer have to search through your garage to find the 'mech that is already in a match.

Drawback: You can't just quit a match, select a new 'mech, and click Quick Play. You have to click Quick Play, wait for the menu, then click "Start New Match with Selected Mech."

^I keep forgetting that last part, ALT-Tabbing, then ten minutes later wondering why I haven't matched yet =\

#6192 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 May 2016 - 02:55 AM, said:

Note that has changed since very recent patches.
It doesn't change what is said on the main button anymore.
Instead attempting to launch spawns a new window underneath the button listing currently running games with you and states the status of game, the map, the time remaining, the mech you have participating and two very unclear options, to start a new match or if you click the match they show, to rejoin. Will have screenshot in about 40ish mins when I get home.

Edit:
Home.
Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 23 May 2016 - 11:29 AM.

#6193 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

View PostKoniving, on 23 May 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

Note that has changed since very recent patches.
It doesn't change what is said on the main button anymore.
Instead attempting to launch spawns a new window underneath the button listing currently running games with you and states the status of game, the map, the time remaining, the mech you have participating and two very unclear options, to start a new match or if you click the match they show, to rejoin. Will have screenshot in about 40ish mins when I get home.

Edit:
Home.
Posted Image

That is the fattest little locust I've ever seen.

#6194 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:25 PM

I was playing in an FP match the other day and, is it just me, or do Clan weapons (specially energy weapons, such as medium lasers and large lasers) seem to be doing far greater amount of damage to Inner Sphere than what they should and have done in the past?
It was only last year tat I have 5 Clan Omni Mechs bearing down on me, al firing at once, yet managed to get out the range of their fire without too much damage, yet now, in the last FP match I participated in (Hellbore Springs) just ONME Stormcrow managed almost annihilate my 80-ton Awesome in the centre torso all alone, just by firing two ER Clan Large lasers at a distance over roughly 1,200 - 1,300 feet (and they were not pulse lasers ether)
My Awesome has 60+ tons on the centre torso (roughly the max that it can hold in that part of the 'Mech, but after two shots, suddenly got the "Damage Critical" warning flashing on my screen along with the bells and whistles.
What I want to know, is this normal at all?
(By the way, our team was fighting the Clan Jade Falcon.

Thanks, to whomever replies, much appreciated.

Timicon

#6195 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

View PostTimicon, on 02 June 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

I was playing in an FP match the other day and, is it just me, or do Clan weapons (specially energy weapons, such as medium lasers and large lasers) seem to be doing far greater amount of damage to Inner Sphere than what they should and have done in the past? It was only last year tat I have 5 Clan Omni Mechs bearing down on me, al firing at once, yet managed to get out the range of their fire without too much damage, yet now, in the last FP match I participated in (Hellbore Springs) just ONME Stormcrow managed almost annihilate my 80-ton Awesome in the centre torso all alone, just by firing two ER Clan Large lasers at a distance over roughly 1,200 - 1,300 feet (and they were not pulse lasers ether) My Awesome has 60+ tons on the centre torso (roughly the max that it can hold in that part of the 'Mech, but after two shots, suddenly got the "Damage Critical" warning flashing on my screen along with the bells and whistles. What I want to know, is this normal at all? (By the way, our team was fighting the Clan Jade Falcon. Thanks, to whomever replies, much appreciated. Timicon

Good reference if you didn't already know about it. Smurfy has stats for all the equipment in the game here. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment

Short answer, yes clan lasers (generally) do more damage and have better range than the IS weapon with the same name, but have longer duration and higher heat.

#6196 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

My Awesome has 60+ tons on the centre torso (roughly the max that it can hold in that part of the 'Mech, but after two shots, suddenly got the "Damage Critical" warning flashing on my screen along with the bells and whistles.

I've had this experience when I drop against a coordinated unit. When you have even just 6 or 7 guys who are ACTUALLY focusing fire on you, you go pop pretty quickly. If it's an entire unit, I've been "one-shot" in an atlas the first time I turned a corner. Long story short, it sounds to me like you actually hit a coordinated team instead of a PUG.

#6197 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

I was playing in an FP match the other day and, is it just me, or do Clan weapons (specially energy weapons, such as medium lasers and large lasers) seem to be doing far greater amount of damage to Inner Sphere than what they should and have done in the past?
It was only last year tat I have 5 Clan Omni Mechs bearing down on me, al firing at once, yet managed to get out the range of their fire without too much damage, yet now, in the last FP match I participated in (Hellbore Springs) just ONME Stormcrow managed almost annihilate my 80-ton Awesome in the centre torso all alone, just by firing two ER Clan Large lasers at a distance over roughly 1,200 - 1,300 feet (and they were not pulse lasers ether)
(By the way, our team was fighting the Clan Jade Falcon.

Thanks, to whomever replies, much appreciated.

Timicon

One person firing 2 Clan ERLL from 1,200 - 1,300 m away will not crit your CT unless you have very little armour on it. Optimal range at 740m will give 22 damage assuming he manages to hold it on target for the entire 1.5 seconds. Since damage drops off (linearly IIRC) past optimum range, the damage at 1,200 - 1,300 it will be 7 or less for both ERLLs.

Unless you want to claim hack, it is more likely that you got hit by more than one person.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 02 June 2016 - 05:32 PM.

#6198 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:32 AM

PRO TIP: Or got hit in the back by someone you didn't notice.

#6199 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

View Postcleghorn6, on 03 June 2016 - 01:32 AM, said:

PRO TIP: Or got hit in the back by someone you didn't notice.

I loves me some Atlas badonkadonk.

#6200 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 10 May 2016 - 12:01 AM, said:

and we realy get ripped off in the UK on electronics prices, looking up a few of those the price in £ is about the same as the price in $ despite a pound being worth 1.44 dollars, so you effectivly get stuff 30% cheeper.

Taxation is theft. But don't worry, the US is working hard to catch up with you guys!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users