10292 replies to this topic

#6761 Thanos Kerensky

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:20 PM

When you win a Mech through a Supply Cash, do you also get a Mech Bay along with it?

#6762 Spangle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostThanos Kerensky, on 23 October 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

When you win a Mech through a Supply Cash, do you also get a Mech Bay along with it?

I belive so yes

Yet to win one thou

#6763 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:13 PM

Comes with mech bay.

#6764 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:53 PM

Almost all occasions where you receive a 'mech, other than by buying it for CBills or MC, you will get a Mech Bay as well. Loyalty 'mechs, pre-oredered/pack 'mechs, bonus 'mechs, prize 'mechs, all of them come with a Mech Bay.

#6765 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:46 PM

Ha! I have gotten enough SRM4s, Clan Active Probes and Ice Ferret parts to build an Overlord class dropship, Hedgemon pirate style! Best of luck to you cache openers!

Cheers!

(Also made over 5 mil in ComStar Bills selling them.)

#6766 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:29 AM

View Post762 NATO, on 23 October 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

Ha! I have gotten enough SRM4s, Clan Active Probes and Ice Ferret parts to build an Overlord class dropship, Hedgemon pirate style! Best of luck to you cache openers!

Cheers!

(Also made over 5 mil in ComStar Bills selling them.)

what??? you got clan active probes??? you LUCKY ONE!!!!!

#6767 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:17 AM

View PostTesunie, on 20 October 2016 - 11:03 PM, said:

There is an arm lock toggle you can bind to a key. They are telling you to make sure that button is bound to some kind of key before entering into the Academy. Reason being is if you don't, you can't finish the tutorial.

I placed my toggle to some random button for the academy session, and then because it's on a button I never use anyway, I just left it.

Right shift is a likely reasonable key to bind it to. Just a suggestion.

Thanks, mated, I will try that when I am in-game next.

#6768 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

If your targeting computer is being destroyed, do its boni still apply? Or rephrased: Can I put my big *** TCV into my armor-free arm and stuff the rest of my mech with weapons and heatsinks WITHOUT dealing with consequences after losing the arm?

I can't find reliable information about this, it seems it WAS like this some year(s) ago, has this been fixed?

#6769 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostDoctor Dinosaur, on 24 October 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

If your targeting computer is being destroyed, do its boni still apply? Or rephrased: Can I put my big *** TCV into my armor-free arm and stuff the rest of my mech with weapons and heatsinks WITHOUT dealing with consequences after losing the arm?

I can't find reliable information about this, it seems it WAS like this some year(s) ago, has this been fixed?

Being equipment, it should stop working once the containing component is destroyed. Just like JJs, MASC, APs, ECM, etc.

Consider it like a weapon system. It needs to be there to work.

#6770 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:56 AM

Are there any restrictions on making multiple accounts? I'm tempted to start another one for no particular reason

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 25 October 2016 - 03:57 AM.

#6771 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:50 AM

http://mwomercs.com/conduct

ALTERNATE ACCOUNT

[color=#EEEEEE]
Under typical circumstances running alternate accounts is not prohibited, unless doing so violates a specific provision of this Code of Conduct. We understand that players may want to run accounts split between Clan and Inner Sphere, or operate a ‘new user’ account alongside their main account.
[/color]
[color=#EEEEEE]
Be aware that severe violations of the Code of Conduct may result in moderation actions being enforced across all confirmed alternate accounts.
[/color]

#6772 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:21 PM

PGI only seems to dislike alt accounts when they are being used to cheat/boost other accounts OR they are being used by somebody trying to skirt a perma-ban.

#6773 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:27 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 26 October 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

PGI only seems to dislike alt accounts when they are being used to cheat/boost other accounts OR they are being used by somebody trying to skirt a perma-ban.

They've actually said that anyone permabanned (like those booted in the cheating ban wave) is welcome to start a new account as long as they keep their nose clean.

#6774 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

View PostTercieI, on 26 October 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

They've actually said that anyone permabanned (like those booted in the cheating ban wave) is welcome to start a new account as long as they keep their nose clean.

Well if they could keep their nose clean they would not keep getting banned, would they?

At the least, it seems you get a much shorter leash the 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, etc etc) time around.

I could give specific examples, but that would a violation of "name and shame" wouldnt it?

#6775 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 26 October 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

Well if they could keep their nose clean they would not keep getting banned, would they?

At the least, it seems you get a much shorter leash the 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, etc etc) time around.

I could give specific examples, but that would a violation of "name and shame" wouldnt it?

Shorter leash seems reasonable to me. <shrug>

(And yeah but I'm aware of them too)

#6776 Potatomasher69

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:59 AM

If I have a STD 250, when I switch to DHS do the 10 Internal heat sinks also become 2.0?

#6777 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:58 AM

View PostRismonite, on 27 October 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

If I have a STD 250, when I switch to DHS do the 10 Internal heat sinks also become 2.0?

All Heat sinks on the mech are removed, and the auto-installed ones in the engine (in this case 10) are changed automatically. The ones built into the engine are better than any installed externally (or added into extra engine heat sink slots, for really large engines).

In short, yes.

#6778 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:59 AM

You have to otherwise there'd be issues with delivering, so yes.

#6779 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostRismonite, on 27 October 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

Yes.

Keep in mind that with double heatsinks, if you have anything less than a 250 engine you are effectively jinxing the maximum potential of the 10 heatsinks you're required to have.

....The opposite is true for standard heatsinks. Honestly not sure why this was the design choice they went with, but... they did.

Better as in you get more threshold and cooling power (a 0.5 per heatsink difference typically) than otherwise.

#6780 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:08 PM

what can cause me to lose lock, when they're 10-50 meters in front of me, and never out of visual ?

wish I had a recorder, to show it happening , it was strange thing to see happening , watch the mechs butt, and the target recital and lock disappears .

I hope it was some counter, going to be really upset if it was a hack

was some kind of anti Streak counter, & I wanna know it (if legit)

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 29 October 2016 - 09:12 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users