This forum has taken a sour turn lately as "Pending Fever" sweeps through our numbers, and while there are many new threads discussing (read: arguing) the matter, I feel that none of them counter the negativity such as this.
I am an avid Day fan and a few months ago I stumbled upon a real gem.
This video is one of many that has inspired me to be a better person, and I am much happier for it. While it mainly applies to life in general, I am sure that all of you mad cats can apply it to your recent attitude about Mechwarrior Online!
Day's main points are:
1) It's about positivity. Being positive. Everything can be framed positively.
2) The next time you would ever say sorry, say thank you instead. Watch video for context.
3) The next time you have an overwhelming project, start it immediately. You will feel less stress.
4) If you have negative influences, distance yourself from them. Surround yourself with sources of positivity.
5) Smile. It's easy to do and makes you feel better.
6) You are awesome. Tell yourself how awesome you are!
7) Compliment strangers. Make others happy and they will return the favor.
So how can you apply this to Mechwarrior Online? Just like I did:
While you may not be in the beta, others are taking the time and effort to ensure you receive the best possible Mechwarrior experience. Thank the developers for taking the time to release the information they have, and that they inform us when they release another batch of keys. Just be patient, we will all get in eventually. Two months is really not that long in the grand scheme of things. If you see a negative thread, avoid it. Smile. Seriously. You are all awesome and I cannot wait to see you on the battlefield!
The developers have been extremely kind tonight and revealed their plan, in detail, for the beta and onwards! Answering all your questions! Isn't that great?
Edited by xSidewinder, 15 June 2012 - 07:52 PM.