No Sli/crossfire?

113 replies to this topic

#21 monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

Ah, yes. Please add this support in. I know there are a number of people who would jump for joy (myself included). I'm sitting fine at about 48fps, but it's frustrating to know my other video card is doing nothing. It would be nice to have that constant 60 for when things get intense.

#22 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

Keep in mind that all but the fastest CPUs will bottleneck the game anyways, and even older or relatively modest new GPUs can run this game at 60fps. PGI is doing this in the right order: GOOD DX11 support first to reduce CPU overhead, then maybe general performance passes, then SLI/Crossfire which at that point shouldn't even be necessary for all but the 1600p and triple monitor crowd, and maybe not even the former.

Edited by Catamount, 28 February 2014 - 05:24 AM.

#23 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:17 AM

View Postmonk, on 27 February 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Ah, yes. Please add this support in. I know there are a number of people who would jump for joy (myself included). I'm sitting fine at about 48fps, but it's frustrating to know my other video card is doing nothing. It would be nice to have that constant 60 for when things get intense.

Add the lines to your user cfg file that I posted on page 1, I can confirm that it makes a difference for ATI cards.

Can someone with a Nivida sli setup test them and report back please.

#24 Illuzian Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 213 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

Just tested with dual 780s and latest drivers and made no difference. In fact when loading training grounds with the settings enabled I got ~ 120 and when it was removed ~120-150 so it looks like it could possibly decrease performance, although this could of been a background task on my PC etc etc

Edited by illuzian, 28 February 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#25 Silpher K

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

i've been suffering low fps since day 1 from lack of SLI, it's been GPU bottleneck for me as i run this game on surround with 3x monitors using 2x 670s. how long have we been playing this game with now SLI now? like almost 2 years now? it's been so long i dont even remember...

i mean come on.... 30~40fps on a decently fast computer because lack of SLI support on a game engine that had BUILT IN SLI... that's just piss poor.

im all in for progression in content instead of "niche" (sli is pretty common nowadays) features, but over the course of the last one and a half year.... what did we really get...... we got more bugs, complaints, cash items and that disaster they call UI 2.0.
so im glad that they are working on "more important" things, but with what we have gotten thus far, there is almost no reason why SLI is still not supported, at least DX11 that was suppose to have been standard is "coming soon"

tl;dr - we might see sli coming winter of 2016

#26 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostSilpher K, on 28 February 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

… sli is pretty common nowadays …

Nope

Get down to one monitor.

#27 nexus1g

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie, OR

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostCatamount, on 28 February 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

Keep in mind that all but the fastest CPUs will bottleneck the game anyways, and even older or relatively modest new GPUs can run this game at 60fps. PGI is doing this in the right order: GOOD DX11 support first to reduce CPU overhead, then maybe general performance passes, then SLI/Crossfire which at that point shouldn't even be necessary for all but the 1600p and triple monitor crowd, and maybe not even the former.

I have an old i7 920 @ 3.7 GHz and 2 580s, and I experience an increase in FPS when hack-enabling SLi even at 1680x1050, so I have to question your reasoning.

View Postilluzian, on 28 February 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

Just tested with dual 780s and latest drivers and made no difference. In fact when loading training grounds with the settings enabled I got ~ 120 and when it was removed ~120-150 so it looks like it could possibly decrease performance, although this could of been a background task on my PC etc etc

It's probably because it just wasn't working. A drop in FPS is pretty common. It's from when SLi isn't working but enabled so the overhead added causes a loss in FPS while gaining no additional performance from an additional video card.

#28 Slechtvalk

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

View PostShamous13, on 19 February 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

and no micro shutter.

micro shutter was something withing ati cards which was fixed with the 7000 series. you can read that on toms hardware. I formerly had 2x 5870 and there was no way to get micro stutter away, now with 2x 7970 its gone by itself.

#29 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:50 AM

DX11 coming in the March 4 patch... that ought to help get this moving.

#30 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostSlechtvalk, on 03 March 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

micro shutter was something withing ati cards which was fixed with the 7000 series. you can read that on toms hardware. I formerly had 2x 5870 and there was no way to get micro stutter away, now with 2x 7970 its gone by itself.

I was still seeing micro shutter on a couple of maps in mwo. weird I know but it was happening.

#31 BlankFX

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Just took a quick look at the game in its current state like I do every couple of month.
Sad to see actually "nothing" happened to the game so far.
It now has a thing implemented called DX11 and a new UI and the game is still completely in an alpha stage.
- No SLI, not even a proper SingleGPU-Optimization.
- No proper monitor support in fullscreen like being forced to play on 60Hz like we did in the stone age.

Is this game developed by students in their freetime or what have they been doing the last two years?
It's hard to see any progress on this game, even if you only take a look at it once in a couple of month.

I was actually able to play MWO a year ago, but currently it's completely unplayable, even with decent hardware.

However, see you again in a few couple of month!

#32 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

View PostBlankFX, on 09 April 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

Just took a quick look at the game in its current state like I do every couple of month.
Sad to see actually "nothing" happened to the game so far.
It now has a thing implemented called DX11 and a new UI and the game is still completely in an alpha stage.
- No SLI, not even a proper SingleGPU-Optimization.
- No proper monitor support in fullscreen like being forced to play on 60Hz like we did in the stone age.

Is this game developed by students in their freetime or what have they been doing the last two years?
It's hard to see any progress on this game, even if you only take a look at it once in a couple of month.

I was actually able to play MWO a year ago, but currently it's completely unplayable, even with decent hardware.

However, see you again in a few couple of month!

this is exactly why they wont see another penny from me for a very long time..... not to mention the unit i was with has all but basically called it quits. 20+ buddies -_- sad state of affairs for what looked so promising

#33 Nils

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

no SLI is really camping my style. I HATE switching SLI modes - it causes some driver problems on my computer. Video game customers shouldn't have to chose sli/no sli for "AAA" games. People have come up with non-supported fixes, but I just don't want to mess that that stuff. Please PGI. Why the H-L are we finishing up 3-d modes without proper sli support?

Edited by Nils, 28 July 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#34 ninjitsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

This isn't a AAA game. :)

#35 Syxi

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

Agreed, utterly unacceptable at this stage.

At least fix it so we don't have to physically disable SLI through the NVCP, even if you never implement SLI (which I suspect will ultimately be the case anyhow).

I still can't play in DX11 without fully disabling SLI because Mechs appear without limbs.

Really poor form for an otherwise great game.

#36 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Sli support will probably be there very soon.

But this game is very heavy on the cpu in a brawl, so don't expect your minimum fps to improve.

#37 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostFlapdrol, on 29 July 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

Sli support will probably be there very soon.

But this game is very heavy on the cpu in a brawl, so don't expect your minimum fps to improve.

"Very soon" = today, if Karl Berg and Russ' patch preview on Twitter are correct :)

#38 Besterino

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

According to the patch notes, it's in now!! Geez, I can't wait to try it!

#39 Syxi

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

Not sure what they mean 'it's in'.

There is still no SLI profile for MWO (even in the newest driver released today).

#40 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

You can always try to make an SLI profile yourself. Or just keep your fingers crossed for an official profile in the next beta driver release.

At least systems running SLI should be able to use DX11 now, without that stupid rendering bug that makes parts of 'Mechs disappear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users