#61 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 25 September 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

wish theyd fix SLI and DX11..

even if I set it to single card for this game in nvidia control panel....still get all the loss of assets and stuff while playing. DX11 is way better looking that dx9

about a month or so ago, PGI said they were working ot fix it but I think they were waiting on Nvidia

read several posts up above yours. they are not waiting on nvidia

for those that are to lazy to read or simply have no concept of comprehension. Lets post this again

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 22 September 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Since it seems my above post was to plain

From Matthew Craig

"sorry to keep you and the rest of the community hanging on SLI support, we pushed to get it finished and ran into an Nvidia driver bug but just for DX9 which they are resolving. They uncovered two issues with DX11 SLI support one just got fixed the other is deep in the engine and needs further investigation and we are trying to find time to address it so that we can turn it around to Nvidia and hopefully.. finally.. get our SLI profile resolved.

So almost there but I'm not making any promises on time frame other than as soon as we can get it moving again. Again sorry for the delay we are just as keen as you to get this one resolved it is not off our radar."

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 25 September 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#62 Raidflex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

I am glad to see they are working on it, but in reality it should have not taken this long. Requests for SLI support date back 2 years. If the game was better optimized, then it would have not been such an issue. I have all this GPU power and still in this day we have games that can barley use 2 CPU cores. Then I see games like Crysis 3 that actually can use all 8 threads and run very smooth depsite the higher requirements. Quad core CPU's have been around for what 8 years, if that is not enough time for developers to catch up, then I don't know. Okay my rant is done now.

Edited by Raidflex, 03 October 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#63 Dread32

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationБрянск

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:51 AM

SLI is not works in this game (

#64 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

View PostDread32, on 26 October 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

SLI is not works in this game (

There's an SLI profile for MWO in the latest Nvidia driver release... There are a couple of lingering issues, but it does work. Turn PostAA off, though. Also, this is only for DX11.

#65 Dread32

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationБрянск

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:28 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 26 October 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

There's an SLI profile for MWO in the latest Nvidia driver release... There are a couple of lingering issues, but it does work. Turn PostAA off, though. Also, this is only for DX11.

Its Sli profile = my Sli profile in Nvidia Inspektor. And its works more bad than 1 GTX670. In Nvidia driver 344.60 - its not woks to. Why? this is Crysis engine! In Crysis SLI works as need.

#66 Raidflex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 26 October 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

View PostDread32, on 05 November 2014 - 05:28 AM, said:

Its Sli profile = my Sli profile in Nvidia Inspektor. And its works more bad than 1 GTX670. In Nvidia driver 344.60 - its not woks to. Why? this is Crysis engine! In Crysis SLI works as need.

A couple of lingering issues is an understatement. I find the FPS to be highly erratic and there are graphics glitches even with PostAA off. The SLi profile may be there, but basically its useless at this point. Supposedly PGI was waiting for NVIDIA to add a SLi profile, but obviously PGI was not ready either. As Dread32 has found out, performance is actually worse with SLI enabled.

#67 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:29 AM

Performance isn't worse, numbers don't lie. With one 660 Ti, I was getting no more than 80fps with lots of dips into the 40s in action with mostly high settings (and texturing set to very high). When I added the profile and enabled my second 660 Ti, I was getting up to 120fps, and I could set everything to very high with decent results (map and action-dependent, 45-80fps).

There are issues, and there is discussion of them in other threads as well as this one. Not reading previous posts and then commenting on something that has already been mentioned is getting tiresome for those of us who are willing to try and help with things.

#68 Raidflex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 05 November 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Performance isn't worse, numbers don't lie. With one 660 Ti, I was getting no more than 80fps with lots of dips into the 40s in action with mostly high settings (and texturing set to very high). When I added the profile and enabled my second 660 Ti, I was getting up to 120fps, and I could set everything to very high with decent results (map and action-dependent, 45-80fps).

There are issues, and there is discussion of them in other threads as well as this one. Not reading previous posts and then commenting on something that has already been mentioned is getting tiresome for those of us who are willing to try and help with things.

Higher FPS wasn't the issue, it was stability. Yes my FPS would hit 120-140 FPS, but it would also drop down to 20 FPS and was all over the place.

#69 Angel Devereaux

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

I'm currently running two GTX680s and when I am in game I notice that only one of the GPUs is handling the load and the other doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have SLI enabled and using DX11. Any thoughts on why only one of the cards is taking the full load?

#70 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

Force afr2 on dx9
If using dx11 just reset mwo profile to defaults
CheersI gave up soon after using dx11, you might find the game fell back to dx9 ie no sli.Did this to me so I said stuff it and back dx 9 to work

Edited by Night Fury76, 14 November 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#71 Dagon Zur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostRaidflex, on 05 November 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Higher FPS wasn't the issue, it was stability. Yes my FPS would hit 120-140 FPS, but it would also drop down to 20 FPS and was all over the place.

I had same thing when i forced SLI my two GTX560Ti. Unstable and unplayable,,
A shame because SLI worked properly on every other 3D game I tried, exept MWO...

#72 poohead

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

SLI on 970s is definitely resulting in higher FPS maximums for me, but in 4K (DSR) it can still dip down from 60s to the 20s when there's a lot of stuff going on. PGI has acknowledged the current profile is 'not perfect' and are working with Nvidia to solve it apparently.

In 1440P it is smooth though, with Adaptive Vsync.

Also disabling ALL AA is the best move in DX11 as TX/MSAA borks heat vision while PostAA causes flashing with SLI.

Edited by poohead, 14 November 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#73 Aznpersuasion89

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • Locationca

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

so im having a similar issue it seems. crossfire r9 270x devils and each one is loading but both are peaking at around 30% load and thats it. subsequently i am only getting around 30-40 FPS max settings DX11. and according the MSI AB i am definitely not CPU bottlenecked. im assuming this is common for ATI cards all around?

#74 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Sounds like still some issues and not worth it yet? shame as I would like to use what I got you know

#75 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

Well, even with the couple issues at least now I have the load spread evenly across both my cards. To me that is worth it

#76 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

Weird artifacts, ghosting, and overlay issues should be resolvable through the following method:

Access NVIDIA Control Panel
Manage 3D Settings
Program Settings
Add or access the profile for MWOclient.exe (not mechwarrioronline.exe)
Set your SLI Rendering Mode to 'Force alternate frame rendering mode 1'

Feel free to report back here with any changes you see

#77 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

followed directions and pretty sure everything is working. I get 120-60 fps. I do notice some rather un pleasant hic ups but they are just for a second could also be rubber banding as that's what it feels like. Also it hates the mech lab. very glitch and jumpy to low 20's and 30s in there.

#78 Dark-Destroyer

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

Thread necroing here but i have a fully functional sli profil i made for mwo

system

Laptop clevo p570wm
i7 4930k@4400mhz
16gb hyperximpact@2133
sli gtx780m 1150/3000 . driver 340.75

i have fully functional sli no glitches no side effects no stutter flickering or other annoyances happy to share it just add xCtrlxAltxElitex ingame and ill be happy to help you along

#79 Thiol

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

Any update on this for Crossfire would be appreciated.

#80 Rebel Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:38 AM

when Selecting frame rendering mode 1 in nVidia control panel.

im not seeing any of the game boot up videos. I cant see the login screen either. it stays in small window.
I have to type my password in and then it goes full screen and I can see the mechlab. and continue to play.

I don't get any artifacts ghosting or overlay issues.

This is with TXAA selected in mwo settings.

Changed to MXAA and now the game wont run

Edited by Rebel Roshak, 22 November 2014 - 04:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users