25 replies to this topic

#21 ninjitsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 13 June 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

If I would not have just purchases a clan package a few weeks ago I would quit the game because of this issue. I have an i5, 12GB memory, and a GTX 760 (2GB, 256Bit), win 8 64x. I play every other game on ultra high graphics and most are very graphic intensive. I play this game on low and medium and I get FPS in the teens. I would say it was my internet speeds, but I consistently test out over 25mbps.

Based on that I cannot believe it would be on my end, but you never know. I started a support ticket and haven't really gotten anywhere, but I can say I will not drop more money to upgrade my system considering other high end games play fine.

Let me be honest. I am above 60 until I start to move and fire, then I am in the teens. Sometimes the 20's. If I thought PGI would give me my money back for the Clan package I bought I would ask for it and stop playing the game.

What i5 do you have?

Also, if you aren't in tri channel, 12 gigs of ram is slowing you down.

Edited by ninjitsu, 14 June 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#22 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:34 AM

Just to let you know Crossfire does work... It just does not scale well 10-15%

#23 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:12 AM

View PostWarGruf, on 16 June 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

Just to let you know Crossfire does work... It just does not scale well 10-15%

After the dx11 patch I was using MSIafterburner to monitor my cards and noticed that one card was loading up to 90%+ usage and my other card was sitting at 30%. This caused a huge heat increase in one card and FPS that bounced between 70 – 45fps. At first I thought it was an issue with mwo but after a bit of research I found out it affects all ATI cards on allot of games. Its caused by ultra-low power state, for AMD/ATI graphics cards in CrossfireX, one card basicly shuts down causing the other card to overload. To fix this you can either edit your registry or use the automated tool in the link provided. From what I have read you will need to do this every time you upgrade your drivers.

How do I manually enable or disable ULPS?

ULPS can be enabled/disabled by modifying the registry key:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000
by changing the value EnableUlps to 0 to disable, and 1 to enable. Depending on the number of unique driver versions that were present on your system, there may be multiple keys in the last folder. For example you may have 0001 and 0002 in addition to 0000.

http://www.ulpsconfi...ionutility.com/

After editing the registry Reboot your computer

#24 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

What can i say. It seems to me it is pretty much a day to day issue. At times i have up to 100 (!) FPS in menus and can play with decent 40-45. The next day, same config / machine etc. 59 to 64 FPS in menus and under 28 FPS ingame with drops to 18. That's a problem of the game, not a problem of my machine imho, no way around it. Settings are always low, but that's fine with me. At the "bad FPS day" it's not playable at all. When i want something with moods, i'd marry. As much as i love battletech, if they don't get a grip on it, i'll uninstall sooner or later. All that advice, upgrade this, tweak that comes with good intentions but i don't invest more time in tweaking than in playing. And it can't be to hard to solve this issue. I installed Crysis Warhead for fun today. Runs like a charm on my machine, looks twice as good as MWO. Hawken for example runs like hell on my machine. If i had the money to burn about 1200 bucks for the PC that it obviously necessary to run MWO i'd get an xbox one + an PS4, some games and forget about that terrible patchy-tweaky-sucky stuff PC gamimg is sticking with forever now. And finally find my peace of mind.

>EDIT

I found out that the game is much more processor / CPU related than i thought it would. By turning off each and every process running in the tasklist that isn't absolutely necessary, it turns out much more consistent now. There are still FPS drops, but it is much better now.

Win7 pro 64 Bit
AMD Athlon II x2 270 3,4 GHz
8 GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GT 730 (2045 MB GDDR5) - passive
MWO Client 32 Bit - Everything on low exept Antialiasing + Damageglow
Res. 1152 x 864

Now i have an average FPS of about 40.

Edited by zzoxx, 28 January 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#25 SeaDaddy

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:21 PM

I have had this problem since I built my computer a year or so ago with AMD processor. Just went from this:

AMD Radeon R9 280 PCI Express 2.0 x 16, GDDR5, Memory 3072 MB, Core Clock 933 Mhz
AMD FX 9370 8 core 4.4 Ghz
RAM 8 GB
Windows 8.1
I am using a 2560 x 1440 monitor.

To:

AMD Radeon R9 280 PCI Express 2.0 x 16, GDDR5, Memory 3072 MB, Core Clock 933 Mhz
GTX 960
RAM 8 GB
Windows 10
I am using a 2560 x 1440 monitor.

Still have huge frame drops and it makes the game unplayable. I play on my far less powerful laptop to get by. I cant believe its the processor. That's just not fair.

#26 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:29 PM

So... you necro'd a thread from almost a year ago? Which itself had been necro'd? Oh boy.

Anyway, you've already answered our question. You're running a Bulldozer/Piledriver chip. They can't keep up, man. Lower your particles, shadows, and environment settings, then clear out the cache with the repair tool for bonus points. Draw calls kill.

Also, just because I really like to get every single bit of a machine out of it... if you're not running DDR3-2133 or better, with that AMD chip you should be. It might only result in 1-2fps, but that's 1-2fps you didn't have before because AMD's memory controller on those chips also couldn't keep up compared to Intel's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users