Upgrading Founder's Mechs (Again)

52 replies to this topic

#1 Sierra19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

So it's Friday, and Paul or Russ (I think) said there would be more on the Founder's mechs and their upgradability, hopefully by Friday, so is there any more info yet?

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

There was a huge dev post last night about closed beta, open beta, status of the game and founder's packs.

not many details about the founder's mechs though, but we'll probably get lots more of that on Tuesday. Why wouldn't they be upgradeable via the mechlab like every other mech?

#3 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

I would assume they're just like the "regular" 'Mechs in that they're fully upgradable within the limits of the MechLab.

#4 Wargster

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

what will the founders mech be?

#5 NinjaCool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDenmark (happiest people on earth!)

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

That would be special version (with skin) of Catapult, Jenner, Atlas and Hunchback.
http://mwomercs.com/...ation-inception

#6 Jihad Gerbil

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

i really wish the cataphract was one of the founders mechs really like that mech over the atlas

#7 LeMoose

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

Plus 2 for the Cataphract....

#8 Der Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 114 posts
  • LocationGermany / Limburg

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

Plus 3

Did i get that right, that everybody with the founders pack gets these four mechs? I don´t know if i like the thought of so many Atlasses running around.

#9 NinjaCool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDenmark (happiest people on earth!)

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

No you get to choose 1 of the 4 founders Mechs.

#10 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

I think you get one of them... so i really hope they let us play a little before i decide.

#11 arrrgh

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:00 AM

Isn't there a feature where each elited mech you have of a class, you get a small performance bonus in other mechs of the same class (like 0.5%?). If thats the case, its also possible the founders mech will count as an extra elited mech?

#12 Aldinvor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

I'd have a massive joygasm if the Centurion was avalable as a founders 'mech, oh well.

View Postarrrgh, on 16 June 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

Isn't there a feature where each elited mech you have of a class, you get a small performance bonus in other mechs of the same class (like 0.5%?). If thats the case, its also possible the founders mech will count as an extra elited mech?

no and no.

Edit: Just to clarify, the pilot tree you're refering too was a concept in which once you had unlocked all skills for all variants of a chassis you could then earn an "elite skill bonus". There is no such thing as an "elite 'mech".. a 'mech is 'mech, does exactly what it says on the tin, the pilot can be elite, never the 'mech, because it's a 'mech...

Edited by Aldinvor, 16 June 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#13 Sierra19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

I'm well aware of what's included in the Founder's pack (updated), but my specific question has to deal with the mechs, and whether they are upgradeable. My thinking is that you will get a variant model, that you can't upgrade. I could be mistaken, but think about it. You get a stock Founder's mech that gets a LIFETIME c-bill boost. One of the ways you make money and xp (I'm pretty sure, anyway), is by damaging opponents. I know the devs talked about after battle rewards including spotting and destroying an enemy mech, so I'm assuming damaging a mech counts also. Anyway, you get one of the Founder's mechs and kit it out for maximum damage output, not really caring if you win or lose, because you have the c-bill boost on it, so you troll for credits to get another mech you want. I could be totally wrong on how it's going to work, but I can't see the devs giving you (ok, you bought it, but still) a fully upgradeable mech including a lifetime c-bill boost. Why would you bother to play or buy any other mechs? Then the devs get no more money from you. I'm sure there is going to be some drawback for getting the permanent c-bill boost. This question will strongly influence my decision of what mech to pick, as a stock Hunchback 4G is a pretty solid mech, but the stock Atlas could use a little work, imho.

#14 BadWolf

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

Why would you play other mechs since the founder's mech has c-bill bonus? For fun?

#15 Sierra19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Me, personally, there's about 7 of the first 12 mechs I want, but I can see lots of other people just playing their Founder's mech. The order I'm getting my mechs will go something like this: Atlas (Founder's mech), Centurion, Commando, Hunchback, Awesome, Cataphract, Stalker and maybe Catapult.

Edited by Sierra19, 16 June 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#16 Arisaema

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

The founders mech with the cbill boost will most likely be like the tier 7 tanks in WOT that you buy for Gold (cash). the Lowe is an example. these are not upgradable and you simply use this tank for cash farming. You can certainly not play any other tank, but if you want to do the clan battles, you need a tier 9/10 tank.

This will most likely be the way that mwo does it. Sure you can play your Founders mech all the time, but your pilot will not get experience piloting other mechs

#17 Braedin

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

what will be the last date we can purchase the elite founders pack?

#18 Sierra19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Founder's pack goes on sale Tuesday, and also, did you know that in WoT, you can put any crew in your premium tanks (nation specific, of course), and they will gain XP as if they are qualified in that tank? People use premium tanks to skill up their clan wars tank crews.

#19 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

@Sierra
I must admit that it is rather easy to fall back to what you know from WoT. I know, I did at first when I came over here. My best advice is to delete any lingering memory of that game and the stuff that has been forced on you. It affects the way you think and ask questions. The way the devs at WG interacted with us was through empty promises, delays, proxies, trolling and outright insults from the very top of the company (Victor Kisly dissing the Pirates' success in Moscow). None of that to be found here. It's like somebody opened the window to give us some fresh air to breathe, instead of forcing us to wear gas masks and do push ups LOL

#20 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

It would be silly if you couldn't change the loadout. If I am paying real money for it, then it better function just like all the others. To have a drawback because a mech "earns" more money than a "regular" mech is just down right stupid. There would be no point in buying a founders pack if they handicapped those mechs just cause they make a few more c-bills than then the one NO-PAY JAY is piloting. To say the C-bill boost is already a big enough perk is just asinine. Thats the point of the the Founders packs. You pay real money and you get a few perks. A few more C-bills don't really hurt anyone else. Its not like you are losing money because someone else is making more money. C-bills don't affect your skill as pilot. Its not an "unfair" advantage, its just a higher payout and thats all.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 16 June 2012 - 08:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users