110 replies to this topic

#21 Warrior UK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 142 posts
  • LocationUK South Coast (Sussex)

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

Arrrgh!, I see yee ave come across us then Angel ;)

#22 BoBo Jones

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

“ ''First, your return to shore was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement, so I must do nothing. And secondly, you must be a pirate for the Pirate's Code to apply, and you're not. And thirdly, the Code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules.

Captain Hector Barbossa

The Pirate's Code is a long list of rules on how a pirate should behave. This code was set down in the Pirata Codex by the Brethren Court, authored by Henry Morgan and Bartholomew Roberts (Black Bart) to promote limited cooperation among pirates and to protect pirates in general. Although in real pirate times, the code was a series of articles. Many pirates that sailed the seven seas each had their own set of rules and "guidelines" mainly called Articles or Rules of the Sea.
The code is based on agreements made by historical pirates and their crews for the running of their business. These guidelines were to ensure order and mutual benefit.
The Pirate Code
  • Rule 1: Befriend others Wisely!
  • All adherents of the Code pledge to be bound together as a brotherhood of pirates, sharing alike in one's fortunes and troubles. Every member shall have an equal vote in the affairs of the moment and equal share of the provisions. Every pirate shall obey the Code. Anyone who fails shall be marooned on a desert island, and left ashore with a loaf of bread or hardtack, a bottle of water, and a pistol with one load.
  • The captain of a ship is to be elected by a majority vote of its crew. If any time a crew, with sufficient evidence, finds their captain to be lacking in ability or offensive in nature, a new captain may be freely elected amongst the ship's members. The captain shall be made aware of the situation and will graciously step aside, assuming another position on the crew. Failure to follow this procedure will be deemed mutiny.
  • Any pirate who has suffered an injury from pillaging, plundering, hijacking, swashbuckling, or other pirate duties shall receive compensation for the wound from common stock.
  • Every member shall have an equal share of fresh provisions, however they may be acquired, and may take pleasure in such provisions at will, except in times of scarcity. Until said scarcity is voted over, it is necessary for the common good of the crew to adhere to rations. Anyone who takes more than his equal share of provisions at any time shall be marooned. Any Pirate susceptible of eating any foodstuff rendered pernicious shall see the ship surgeon post haste.
  • Each man shall keep his weapon, whether it be a cutlass, sword, pistol, or other piece, clean at all times and ready for action.
  • If a pirate is the first to locate a prize and should find among this plunder a weapon that is better than his own, he may take it as his own. The rest of the items will be chosen in turn with the captain first, master second, and so forth in seniority. Ship's musicians may lay claim to any instruments found among the spoils.
  • No pirate shall strike another while onboard the ship. In the event of such an occurrence, the quarrel shall be resolved on the shore by a pistol, sword, or in another agreed upon manner as deemed by the captain. Limbs or other body parts lost in duel are not to be compensated as those lost in battle.
  • No man shall game for money in any form, whether it be with cards, dice, crab claws, barnacles, or any other means. (Loophole - Note that in Davy Jones' crew, they were gambling with years of service and not money, therefore this seems acceptable)
  • Lights and candles must be suffed out of eight o'clock. If any man desires to drink after such time, he shall do so on the open deck without lights.
  • No man shall smoke tobacco in the hold without cap to his pipe or hold a candle without lantern shield. If he is discovered doing so, he shall receive such punishment as the captain and company see fit.
  • If a pirate is captured by an enemy ship, he has the right to declare parlay, or temporary protection, until he may have an audience with the enemy captain. At this point, he cannot be harmed. Parlay is not considered concluded until said captives and captains have completed negotiations.
  • The captain shall have two shares of a prize. The quartermaster shall have one-and-three-quarter shares. The surgeon shall have one-and-one-half shares. The master gunner, carpenter, sailmaker, and boatswain shall receive one-and-one-quarter shares. All others shall have one share each. The company may vote to temporarily withhold the cook's share should his food kill a shipmate.
  • If any Man shall steal anything in the the value of a piece of eight, he shall be marooned or shot.
  • Good quarters to be given when craved.
  • He who falls behind shall be left behind.

Edited by BoBo Jones, 16 November 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#23 BoBo Jones

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

family guy pirate chase.........

Edited by BoBo Jones, 15 November 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#24 Warrior UK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 142 posts
  • LocationUK South Coast (Sussex)

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

:( the end is very British :(

#25 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Har-har! ;)

S.

#26 Leader Bee

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUK Up North

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

I can't remember why i'm posting in this thread but here I am anyway. Lot's of love my brittish chummies.

#27 Guru Zeb

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts
  • LocationUK Up North

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Yeah outlaws is defo a great crew of lads, really friendly, really welcoming, really helpful.
if your looking for a crew (especially) if your in UK or Europe.
msg warrior UK

#28 Leader Bee

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUK Up North

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Also, why are Pirates called pirates?

Because they Yarrrrrr!

#29 BoBo Jones

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

outlaws argues over the colour of are mechs..............

#30 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

Not really pirate-related, but hey..: It's a video... :blink:

Anyway: Did this one as a helper for complete beginners and those who may not be familiar with any older MW-games. If you're even slightly experienced in this game, you'll probably find it redundant. But after having talked a guy through grouping and chain-/groupfire settings on TS the other night, I thought it might be a good idea to do a basic weapons-tutorial.

S.

#31 Leader Bee

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUK Up North

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

in regards to your vid Sascha, you can directly show people how to do things on their machine if you both download teamviewer, it's a great tool: http://www.teamviewe...ad/windows.aspx and i've used it several times myself.

I thought I would chime in with my own video anyway.

Here's a bunch of us having fun :)

Edited by Leader Bee, 27 November 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#32 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

Wombat guns and the enemy team trying something different on Alpine. Didn't work out too well for them though ...

.. and another Alpine-mission from last night.

S.

Edited by 1Sascha, 01 December 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#33 BoBo Jones

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

a list of the best pirate movies of all time.

#34 BlackAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

Room for a Catapult? :D

#35 BoBo Jones

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

if you are wanting to join us ace , your more then welcome matey . hopeing your on teamspeak 3 . we hang out on the mech warrior eu teamspeak server . ip is 109.228.29.191 ....
just come along and lance up with us. most of us are on in the evenings . but some of us are on in the day time . uk time.

#36 Leader Bee

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUK Up North

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostBoBo Jones, on 09 December 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

if you Arrrrrrrrrrrrr wanting to join us ace , your more then welcome matey . hopeing your on teamspeak 3 . we hang out on the mech warriarrrrrrrrrrr eu teamspeak server . ip is 109.228.29.191 ....
just come along and lance up with us. most of us Arrrrrrrr on in the evenings . but some of us Arrrrrrrrrrr on in the day time . uk time.

Fixed

Edited by Leader Bee, 09 December 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#37 BoBo Jones

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

25 of the most feared pirates to ever set sail . some of these you may of heard of , but many that you wouldnt of heard from. from this you can see where they got the charectures for the pirate Brethren Court from pirates of the carrabian.

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=ecSWHoCKC28

Edited by BoBo Jones, 13 December 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#38 thoughtdemon

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

I'm not much of a gung ho team sort of guy, but I know how to support and how to lead the charge if i need to. Not looking for a regular gig, but I'm decently skill in all mech sizes, ask the now defunct Fallen Angel Avengers, if you need to hire on short term help for a big engagement or a landfall mission. Can bring my own kit as I've been fairly successful in my lone wolf employment and I accept salvage rights as well as c-bills. Send me a message on secure channel 18472c if you interested.

#39 BoBo Jones

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

thoughtdemon from what you wrote seems like your offering your service as a free booter. thats very nice of you but i dont see us needing a freebooter. but on the other hand you could always look usw up and add me to your ingame friends , then when we are online maybe you could come join in wiht us as 4 man group and you may change your mind as you if you want to be a full time member of the group. we mostly hang out on the eu server , details are above.

#40 BoBo Jones

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

MECH **** ! !
laugh my *** off .
http://www.youtube.c...TIehDl-kCpU#t=0

Edited by BoBo Jones, 21 December 2013 - 05:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users