#21 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostCathy, on 17 October 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

whats next...Puppies and Kittens ?

There are no puppies or kittens. According to many on this forum, When PGI is not eating them, they are either punching them or drowning them.

An entire generation of puppies and kittens have been lost because of PGI.

#22 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

No, don't remove our Gyros!

Posted Image

#23 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

yea I think the list seen as a whole kind of helps put things in perspective, that's my hope at least

#24 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Seems like everyday there's a new request or two lol

#25 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, I've been mocking these forums for a while now, I'm convinced that occasionally the Devs to actually take a couple of their harebrained ideas and implement them just to show them how wrong they are... usually about everything.

There are a handful of exceptions who are able to speak intelligently on the game (you know who you are) the rest are just ******* into the wind.

#26 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Most that I have seen have decent ideas underneath their apathy and cynicism. Unfortunately they just aren't very articulate. Some though...... they just do nothing but try to see how many people they can **** off it seems :\ and a few just don't think about what they're really saying and/or asking for

#27 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

I am interested to see if I can go one day with not seeing a new remove thread or suggestion

#28 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Thank you! I've considered starting something similar to "DOA" mechs too. Hope your list puts things into perspective for everyone demanding one thing or another.

#29 The Justicar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostSandpit, on 17 October 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

you're missing the point

I'm really not. If ghost heat isn't gone I don't really care what else they do, I might be on my way out. No game > current heat mechanics.

Edited by The Justicar, 18 October 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#30 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostThe Justicar, on 18 October 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

I'm really not. If ghost heat isn't gone I don't really care what else they do, I might be on my way out. No game > current heat mechanics.

and again, look at what happens if everyone who is requesting something be removed got their wish granted. Each one of those items on the list was just as "important" to the person who posted them as ghost heat is to you

#31 The Justicar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 October 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

and again, look at what happens if everyone who is requesting something be removed got their wish granted. Each one of those items on the list was just as "important" to the person who posted them as ghost heat is to you

And 90% of them are stupid. You're honestly going to pretend that the guy saying "remove {map}" ir "remove the testing grounds" has as valid an argument as all the people saying remove ghost heat?

Hello? Anybody home?

Seriously Roadbeer? You're in here supporting this guy? He's just as bad drumming up all the troll posts into one big troll post. This thread is a waste of forum space.

Edited by The Justicar, 18 October 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#32 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

This thread sounds suspiciously like a "Remove the Forums" thread.

#33 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostThe Justicar, on 18 October 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Seriously Roadbeer? You're in here supporting this guy? He's just as bad drumming up all the troll posts into one big troll post. This thread is a waste of forum space.

Yes, I'm seriously supporting this,
This is exactly the kind of thread that the forum needs, not unlike my Award Wining Thread, often the community needs a mirror held up to it showing them how ridiculous they are being.

And he is accurate, you are missing the point of this thread by carrying the torch for your "pet cause" in it, where there are 15 other threads on the topic of "Ghost Heat" that you can and are posting in.

#34 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostSandpit, on 16 October 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

So I've gotten into a few "discussions" today in the various "Remove this" threads popping up on the forums. Just as an example I have started a list to help prove a point

Locusts
Spiders
Quickdraws
HBK-4P
Catapult-A1

TK Penalty
Film Grain
Convergence
Waiting Period for Mechs still in matches
Pop Tarting
Pinpoint Damage

RC Map
Frozen Map
Crimson Strait map
Alpine Map
FC Map
Terra Therma Map
Caustic Valley

Kills as a Victory Condition
Capping as a Victory Condition (Thanks to Roadbeer)

Single heatsinks
Double Heatsinks
Heat Scale
Engine heat Sink Requirements
Hit Boxes

Artemis
SSRMs
PPCs
AC2
UAC5
Small Lasers
AMS
MGs
Gauss rifles
Alpha Strikes
LRM Min Range

FF Armor
Hardpoints
Coolant Flush
Company Command button
Lance Command button

Testing Grounds
Conquest game mode
Assault game mode
Air strikes

ECM
TAG
Hero Mechs (all of them)
the ready button
Pilot Skills
Ghost Heat
JJ Shake

Smoke on the battlefield
Gauss Charge
Capture Points
Trial Mechs
Atlases from Trial Mech Rotation
Premades
Boar's Head
ELO
Seismic
Entire Mechlab (one of my personal favs)
Missile Bay Doors

4 man groups
12 man groups
Gyros
Any and All Actuators
Mouse and Keyboard control options (Joysticks only)
Guaranteed C-Bills for winning or losing
Daily Double Rewards
Forum Posting for Players
Lance Adjustment in ready screen
Edit: Added More Items seen today on forums

These are just the things I found in a quick search. I will add to the list as others are found.

Now, before you post a "remove" thread I'd like you to let this list soak in for a minute. If everything on this list was actually removed, what would be left? I wanted to have a visual representation of why this is ridiculous.

Just because you have an issue with something in the game or think something is broken and/or needs to be fixed doesn't mean it should be removed entirely from the game. I understand that everyone feels they have valid reasons as to why they would request this but the point remains that if they really did remove everything that players requested we would have no game.

So instead of asking for something to be removed try posting on what the issue is and how it can be fixed in a constructive manner. If you have an idea for a fix or revamp of something then post THAT instead of calling for a complete removal of something

I see someone is fishing for a place in the Community Contributor Awards - Part Trois :)

Edited by WarHippy, 18 October 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#35 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

I could give a **** less about "awards" I'm TRYING to show people who post on here why posting "remove this" thread is not only pointless it's borderline ludicrous. Just because you feel strongly about something or it's "important" in your eyes doesn't mean removing it is the answer. The entire point of this is to show how ridiculous it would be if everyone got their way and things were removed because they were "important"

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 18 October 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

This thread sounds suspiciously like a "Remove the Forums" thread.

and I love the forums. They shouldn't be removed. They give players a plce to discuss the game, ideas, loadouts, strategies, build units, give feedback, etc. Saying "remove this" is not in any way constructive feedback. If you can look at one single item on the list I compiled and think "That's just a dumb idea" then you can understand what I'm saying. That dumb idea was important, legitimate, and true for the person who posed that regardless of what the feature to be removed was.

#36 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

wait wait wait...someone asked to remove quickdraws? QUICKDRAWS!?!?!? They're either the worst player ever or always get killed by that one guy who has a Quickdraw.

#37 The Justicar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 18 October 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Yes, I'm seriously supporting this,
This is exactly the kind of thread that the forum needs, not unlike my Award Wining Thread, often the community needs a mirror held up to it showing them how ridiculous they are being.

And he is accurate, you are missing the point of this thread by carrying the torch for your "pet cause" in it, where there are 15 other threads on the topic of "Ghost Heat" that you can and are posting in.

I don't mind the introspection. I do mind how this thread seems to make all of these disparate issues equal when they are obviously not. Making a mockery of players with legitimate and well-supported concerns about the direction and quality of the game. Mocking their attempts to speak out and improve the game.

With you people around to mock and flame, what's the point of even speaking out? What's the point of trying to initiate a dialogue with PGI? Let's just all sit quietly and accept all of the boneheaded design decisions! Because that's what's best, right?

Trolls.

The real travesty of it all is PGI may well consider this for a community award when it is in direct conflict of an open, mature dialogue between community and developer.

Edited by The Justicar, 18 October 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#38 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I think that very cold place spelled H E double hockey sticks just warmed up... I agree with Sandpit for once.... :)

#39 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostThe Justicar, on 18 October 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

I don't mind the introspection. I do mind how this thread seems to make all of these disparate issues equal when they are obviously not. Making a mockery of players with legitimate and well-supported concerns about the direction and quality of the game. Mocking their attempts to speak out and improve the game.

With you people around to mock and flame, what's the point of even speaking out? What's the point of trying to initiate a dialogue with PGI? Let's just all sit quietly and accept all of the boneheaded design decisions! Because that's what's best, right?

Trolls.

The real travesty of it all is PGI may well consider this for a community award when it is in direct conflict of an open, mature dialogue between community and developer.

There's no mockery. There's no singling out anyone. There is no mockery of the actual issues this game has. This is a signal to those who jump on the forums and say "remove this because"

If you don't understand that I don't know how else to explain it. This isn't about the issues that are being discussed, this is simply trying to show those people that "remove" is not an option nor is it simply just "pull it out and fix it"

There's a huge difference here. If you have an issue with something in the game then post about it, report the issue, point out the bugs and problems. DON'T jump on the forums and say "remove this" If you can't see that distinction then I don't know what else to say to show you that's not what this thread is about at all

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 18 October 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

I think that very cold place spelled H E double hockey sticks just warmed up... I agree with Sandpit for once.... :)

holy ****!?!?!?!? For anyone that doesn't know James and I have had very heated discussions about various things since CB lol You all might want to duck and take cover because end times are no doubt near. lol

#40 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

It's all pretty subjective. Where Ghost Heat may be a big issue to you and others that is effecting your enjoyment of the game, someone else can make just as legitimate of an argument about Frozen City, or ECM, or spiders. Which is more important than the other?

Trolls.

I have gladly taken on the mantle of Troll, and in my trolling, I have a code that if the premise AND the topic title are well thought out, I'll leave it alone. But if the topic is bad, or the premise is bad, then I'll mock away.

I think you're unintentionally butt-hurt about the tone of this thread, because one of your "issues" is listed in it. This thread is meant to point out how many topics are started with "Remove (insert thing)" It's a lazy, counterproductive title and just begs to be trolled. It's not providing any real constructive feedback because it is starting on a flawed premise that something needs to be removed rather than fixed.

You act as if any subject that begins with "Remove (insert item)" is going to contain anything that resembles a mature, constructive post in the first place.

And really? Travesty? Melodramatic much?

Edited by Roadbeer, 18 October 2013 - 02:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users