271 replies to this topic

#41 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostThe Justicar, on 18 October 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

And 90% of them are stupid. You're honestly going to pretend that the guy saying "remove {map}" ir "remove the testing grounds" has as valid an argument as all the people saying remove ghost heat?

Hello? Anybody home?

Seriously Roadbeer? You're in here supporting this guy? He's just as bad drumming up all the troll posts into one big troll post. This thread is a waste of forum space.

Well, it works the same in real life. Killing someone in the heat of passion is just as bad as distributing marijuana...otherwise, why are their sentences about the same?

#42 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

roadbeer, i'd have your babies lol

#43 The Justicar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 18 October 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

You act as if any subject that begins with "Remove (insert item)" is going to contain anything that resembles a mature, constructive post in the first place.

And really? Travesty? Melodramatic much?

Someone who reads these forums as much as you know full well that there are threads calling for removal of certain things that are made with very mature arguments also frequently accompanied by things like facts.

Melodramatic? In a thread whose sole purpose is such? Yeah... not even going to defend my word choice.

P.S. yes you're right, I targeted this thread out of butt-hurt because **** like this does nothing but hurt the community, including your "award-winning" thread.

Edited by The Justicar, 18 October 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#44 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostThe Justicar, on 18 October 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Melodramatic? In a thread whose sole purpose is such?

NOW you're getting the point. Melodramatic is jumping on the forums and crying out for the removal of something. Just because you ahve a personal issue with one of the items on this list doesn't make it any less melodramatic than the other removal threads. Now you see exactly what I'm getting at.

I don't care if it's ghost heat or testing grounds, all of those threads ranting about the removal (no matter how articulate and factual those arguments might be) call for the exact same thing and run off of the exact same mentality. I could make a very articulate argument for each of those if i really wanted to. I could also come up with plenty of subjective factual reasons for that. Then I could easily call for how to "fix" it. That wouldn't make it any less ridiculous to jump on here every time I have an issue with something and say "remove this because....."

#45 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Here. I'll add one. :)

Let's remove the players from the game because the players apparently can't handle the game being the way it is and can't suggest anything reasonable to do with it. :D

or or even better!

Let's remove the developers from developing the game, thus we all return to the void of oblivion lost to time with nothing but MW:LL or Tactics to sustain us. I'm sure a lot of people would hop on that bandwagon. :P

#46 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostCYBRN4CR, on 18 October 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Here. I'll add one. :)

Let's remove the players from the game because the players apparently can't handle the game being the way it is and can't suggest anything reasonable to do with it. :D

or or even better!

Let's remove the developers from developing the game, thus we all return to the void of oblivion lost to time with nothing but MW:LL or Tactics to sustain us. I'm sure a lot of people would hop on that bandwagon. :P

Don't give anyone any bright ideas lol

#47 The Justicar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 October 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

NOW you're getting the point. Melodramatic is jumping on the forums and crying out for the removal of something. Just because you ahve a personal issue with one of the items on this list doesn't make it any less melodramatic than the other removal threads. Now you see exactly what I'm getting at.

I don't care if it's ghost heat or testing grounds, all of those threads ranting about the removal (no matter how articulate and factual those arguments might be) call for the exact same thing and run off of the exact same mentality. I could make a very articulate argument for each of those if i really wanted to. I could also come up with plenty of subjective factual reasons for that. Then I could easily call for how to "fix" it. That wouldn't make it any less ridiculous to jump on here every time I have an issue with something and say "remove this because....."

How is it ridiculous to want something broken or unsatisfactory removed from the game? The forums serve 3 primary purposes: feedback, support, communication (both between devs and players and between players themselves).

You are insulting those that use these forums to attempt to improve their experience in the game. Do you see nothing wrong with that? Sure, the people with ludicrous ideas should just shut up sometimes; but there are rational arguments on these forums calling for removal of x/y/z feature that are solidly based in logic, mathematics, and frequently come with equally well-reasoned alternatives and suggestions. Throwing them in the trash heap with "OMGAWD REMOOV LARJ LAZORS!" is disrespectful, ignorant, and accomplishes nothing but inciting arguments that detract from a successful dialogue between us and PGI. Its not ridiculous to post a logical opinion.

We're not talking about a "personal issue" with x/y/z features. We're talking about having logical, and in many cases mathematical issues with x/y/z features. See the difference?

Threads like this do not help. You're begging for attention and flames.

Edited by The Justicar, 18 October 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#48 UnwantedProblem

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

@The Justicar
You really are missing the point of this post... they meant no disrespect, they state and think that removing the thing from the game is not the way of doing things. They say that's better to say what you disagree with, and then, propose a solution to it (via improving it, or replacing it).
I also think that removing things from the game is not the best course of action, it just breaks the game even more.
**: I seriously think that ghost heat is broken and a not good way to balance weapon boating, but since the devs thinks that it is the best way to fix it, I really doubt that they will remove it, you have to think about better solutions to the problem than whining about it and asking to remove ghost heat (that I think, it's an overly complicated solution, but at least somehow works)

------------------------------------o--------------------------------
I've read about people wanting to remove every weight class except assaults (or overly nerfing other weight classes, so everyone use assaults).

#49 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

It's ridiculous that instead of coming up with ways to fix thigns or simply giving constructive feedback without giving your personal opinion and bias, people jump up and down and call for complete removal of everything in this game. Just because you think one is more important than the other doesn't make it so. You talk about ridiculing people? I haven't ridiculed anyone or any ideas. I simply posted a list of all the things that have been posted on the forums calling for the removal of something.

Usually when a blanket statement is made calling out a particular attitude, error, mistake, etc. the ones that are the most vocal about it are the most guilty. I'm willing to bet that you have either started a post or taken up the cause, or given well articulated posts and arguments calling for the removal of something on that list.

You want to talk about not helping? Imagine being a new player and visiting the forums for the first time and doing a search on the word remove or simply scrolling through the front page on any number of sections. That list is exactly what you see. Every other thread (yea yea I am being a little over the top there but I digress) is "remove this" "remove this or the game is doomed". THAT is not helpful. It doesn't matter if it's ghost heat, 3pv(one of my personal pet peeves about the game and its implementation still ****** me off to no end), or every spider in the game, they all still ahve the same mentality behind them.

#50 The Justicar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

You don't fix ghost heat. We've been down this road before. That's how we GOT ghost heat. Its a fix to a prior fix. The fix is to stop pretending like neutrality is the problem. Fix the system, don't introduce some random senseless mechanic that NO NEW PLAYER will even know about let alone understand.

Yes, I have taken up the anti-ghost heat torch. Why? Because it is absolutely core to how the game works. Most of the problems we have concerning combat right now stem from one of two causes: a broken heat system (which has only gotten worse) and HSR (which has improved greatly). Believe it or not, there ARE things in this game that could be removed for the benefit of all. Ghost heat is the prime example. Anybody--and yes I mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON--who is not against ghost heat 1) doesn't care about, or 2) doesn't understand the issue. The exception here is PGI: they simply refuse to admit how wrong they are. You don't fix ghost heat. You fix the heat system itself. Ghost heat is a patch that has failed at its intended purpose. If you're making a website and screw up, you don't write 200 lines of php or whatever you're writing just to hide the problem (GHOST HEAT), you FIX THE PROBLEM. Multiple players have laid out entire systems that function better than ghost heat, hell, I can think of one guy (he's homeless >.>) who actually wrote some damned code on pastie. We're trying to help! Just because you don't have a cause, just because you're apathetic about these debates, doesn't mean you have the right to sit on your imaginary high horse and mock the people that do.

You ARE insulting players like me. Players like Koniving and the dozens of others who crunch the numbers and show PGI all of these mathematical arguments about why ghost heat is a negative force in this game. You're insulting them by lumping them with the 12 year olds who cry about Atlases.

At this point I'm beating a dead horse, you don't care. You just want a long thread to put in your sig while farming likes, the direction of this game means nothing to you. Roadbeer, this thread is your "mob".

Peace.

#51 Sirous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 368 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostThe Justicar, on 19 October 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

You ARE insulting players like me. Players like Koniving and the dozens of others who crunch the numbers and show PGI all of these mathematical arguments about why ghost heat is a negative force in this game. You're insulting them by lumping them with the 12 year olds who cry about Atlases.

No he's not you are doing that all by yourself, for even coming in here to argue your point about Ghost heat. You have proved his point. You lumped it in with the rest by taking over a very good thread about the community and making it about yourself and crusade against "ghost heat". Instead of just well, not posting anything at all and continuing your crusade where it actually matters and will do some good. You are attempting to Hijack this thread and become a troll yourself. For that matter you are ruining their arguments, not Sandpit, he is making a point about the forums themselves and NOT the topics on the list. You have very well and without even meaning to validated his point to a tee. Which even if ghost heat was a major issue, with all of your maths, you have invalidated in my eyes by bringing it here to argue your point.

Edited by Sirous, 19 October 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#52 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostSirous, on 19 October 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

No he's not you are doing that all by yourself, for even coming in here to argue your point about Ghost heat. You have proved his point. You lumped it in with the rest by taking over a very good thread about the community and making it about yourself and crusade against "ghost heat". Instead of just well, not posting anything at all and continuing your crusade where it actually matters and will do some good. You are attempting to Hijack this thread and become a troll yourself. For that matter you are ruining their arguments, not Sandpit, he is making a point about the forums themselves and NOT the topics on the list. You have very well and without even meaning to validated his point to a tee. Which even if ghost heat was a major issue, with all of your maths, you have invalidated in my eyes by bringing it here to argue your point.

essentially this

#53 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostThe Justicar, on 19 October 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

You're missing a very valuable piece of the information, and again, the spirit of this thread.

You, Koniving, or that Homeless guy would never start a thread titled "Remove (topic) now or the game is doomed".

You can have the best points in the world and come up with something so simple that a 5 year old could code it, but when you have a bad, reactionary, title to it... you just sound like a petulant child. THAT is what this thread is pointing out.

This, and my Award Winning Thread serve to help posters articulate themselves by showing them what *NOT* to do. Sure it's tongue in cheek and a bit mocking, but lets face it... sometimes, the Forumites are just mock-worthy when they get into their posting trends.

#54 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 20 October 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

You're missing a very valuable piece of the information, and again, the spirit of this thread.

You, Koniving, or that Homeless guy would never start a thread titled "Remove (topic) now or the game is doomed".

You can have the best points in the world and come up with something so simple that a 5 year old could code it, but when you have a bad, reactionary, title to it... you just sound like a petulant child. THAT is what this thread is pointing out.

This, and my Award Winning Thread serve to help posters articulate themselves by showing them what *NOT* to do. Sure it's tongue in cheek and a bit mocking, but lets face it... sometimes, the Forumites are just mock-worthy when they get into their posting trends.

This. I'm really not mocking anyone I'm trying to show how counter-productive it is to post those types of things

#55 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Updated to now include arms for mechs since they're pointless lol

#56 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

My first thought when seeing this was "Why doesn't he link to some of those?"

Then I realized how futile that would be :blink:

So how much of the game would be left if all that was removed? :)

Beyond not much I mean.

P.S. I generally stay as far from the suggestions portion of the forums as I can specifically to avoid those topics :lol:

#57 Grey Rabbit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostDavoke, on 16 October 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

*both gamemodes removed*
Well now we have a fancy CryEngine3 mech lab simulator!

Not if we get the mech lab removed.

#58 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

I still see absolutely no reason for film grain, and really i think there would only be a handful of actual trolls to champion the cause of keeping film grain, it is 100% end user effect, there is no disadvantage to removing it and there is no tactical advantage for removing it either. (unless not having eye strain is a tactical advantage)

however I would agree most of it needs to be left although alot of adjustments need to be made, such as the lance rearrangement by "pug commanders".. if a premade drops into a match then their lance should be locked unless they deselect the "lock".

The ready button is part of a future framework and I understand that, however there are times guys are literally holding up an entire game cuz they will not ready up... some of these times they are chatting or just being ******* and will even announce into general chat they are doing it on purpose.

I would suggest that like many other games, a "kick" button be implemented and a "map select" button be implemented as well. Map select could be handled via 75% ratio of votes, with a map being ineligible to be played twice in a row.
just some thoughts.

#59 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

been ages since a thread made my smile. nice one. everything/anything needs fixing not removing.

cept GH cause that's an arbitrary cap until real solutions to other problems are implemented. even that isn't so much a removal request but more an replace everything else request so the game works such that we don't need to make up extra "imaginary" rules to cover up mistakes in the system.

View PostRoadbeer, on 20 October 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

no stiring or offense intended but you got an award for a k-town thread, so cute it's almost priceless. don't know whether to laugh or cry. brilliant!

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 22 October 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#60 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

TK penalty shouldn´t be removed... it should be raised to 10,000CB... so people maybe would actually take more care what they shoot, and IF it accidentely happens, well i could live with a 10,000CB penalty every 100th match

just came to my mind when i read the list :blink:

Edited by Alex Warden, 22 October 2013 - 10:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users