Steiner Hub Hosts Steinerfest Every Friday! (Community Sync Drops)

93 replies to this topic

#21 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostAppogee, on 21 October 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Are you sync-dropping 3 Steiner lances against random teams of PUGs...?

I have not yet encountered three of our 4-mans against an all PUG team. So far a 4-man will drop with no sync or one to two 4-mans on each side if we're lucky.

#22 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'll tell you what, Appogee: we face each other as much or more than we get put on the same team. Even when two lances get put on the same team, we are still often facing off against others in the sync drop. I actually prefer it this way, because the trash talk between friends is far more amusing that between strangers!

The point of Oktoberfest is not 'Steiner Smash Fist' as you suggest. When you arrive, you get put in with whoever needs another in their lance, or become lead of the next lance as necessary. Guys who might never play with each other, do, and it brings the community together. It's far more a party atmosphere than a pug stomp. By mid-evening, you can watch many of our skills drop equal to the percentage oxygen in our blood.

Yes, of course there is potential for abuse, and some people opt out of it because of this principle. Though I wish everyone would join in, I can't begrudge them as it is their choice to participate or not. We're open and honest in our intentions and activities. If you would prefer that we do not do this, then beseech PGI to give us alternative ways to have a good time. And trolls, do not condemn us for doing the best we can to have a good time. We're doing the best we can to keep the community active and happy while we wait endlessly for something new to do.

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Good, PUG-stomping fun.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Appogee, 23 October 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#24 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

No, we sync-dropped 9 Steiner lances and usually faught eachother, though we occasionally synched. Given some folks were drinking, the effectiveness was questionable.

#25 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

I believe that your concern is misplaced, Appogee. In your first screenshot none of the members listed are part of our Community Hub. In the second the other members of your lance are folks I know, the other names are unknown.

Believe it or not it is possible for varioius 4-mans who are not in the same TeamSpeak channel to meet up on the field, even be on the same team. As I continually hear folks complaining about Steiner drops, I am more inclined to think that Steiner likely has a larger population as a % of total players than other houses. I don't have access to any means of verification, but that would be my thought.

Again, often times our sync drops end up with various lances on opposing teams, which is more the goal than being on the same team. It allows us to go toe to toe with our comrades, even brothers in our own units. "PUG-stomping" as you call it is not our concern. I do enough of that on a daily basis just playin with 1 or 2 of my unit members.

#26 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I wonder though why you don't create 12-mans and sync drop against each other? That way your stated goal of ''various lances on opposing teams'' would be achieved, and there'd be no collateral damage to noobs.

It must discourage noob players when 3 separate lances of Steiners who just happened to drop together roll over the top of them in 4 minutes flat.

View PostGoose Igaly, on 23 October 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

I am more inclined to think that Steiner likely has a larger population as a % of total players than other houses.
I suspect you are right. I mostly encounter (what appear to be) sync-dropping full Steiner teams during what would be the evening time in Germany.

Anyway, it's your call how your House plays the game. I'm not complaining.

Edited by Appogee, 23 October 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#27 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Well, as an answer to your 12-man question before closing the debate, it is difficult to sync drop and get 2 12s paired up. On the other hand we're not out to get deep into tactics. We've all been drinking, so we're mostly charging center, guns blazing, and seeing who dies first. It happened once or twice that 2 lances ended up on the same team and still got rolled by the enemy team. With that said, after 8 hours of steady sync drops, we never had 12 guys end up on the same team.

With that said, last Friday was the launch of our little sync drop party and I look forward to this coming Friday and every Friday afterwards. Steiners and Mercs feel free to join the fun!

#28 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

It's almost that time, folks.

#29 Darksunstar

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

had a great time myself

#30 Toe Cutter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostAppogee, on 23 October 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Good, PUG-stomping fun.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm in your second shot there. My group was a 3 man, with no relation to the other Steiners, they are not to my knowledge affiliated with the Hub. What you take as an obvious synch drop is actually just the MM at play.

#31 Herzog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant Major
  • Sergeant Major
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostGoose Igaly, on 23 October 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

I am more inclined to think that Steiner likely has a larger population as a % of total players than other houses. I don't have access to any means of verification, but that would be my thought.

Without looking at the stats (and just going from what I've encountered) it seems like Steiner and FRR have large populations, with Davion or Kurita coming in next. Have the devs shared actual stats on population density yet?

This reminds me; I'd better pick up some beer on the way home. I'm thinking... War-Steiner :)

#32 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Any plans for tonight Star Colonal? My wife has some new books, my son is having a friend stay the night and my daughter is gonna be over at a friends so I am probably gonna pull an all nighter! :)

#33 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostToe Cutter, on 25 October 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

I'm in your second shot there. My group was a 3 man, with no relation to the other Steiners, they are not to my knowledge affiliated with the Hub. What you take as an obvious synch drop is actually just the MM at play.

Cool. As others have suggested, there seem to be a lot of Steiners, and that's what helps create the impression of 12-man sync drops.. I am guessing that people of German heritage often choose to affiliate with Steiner, which would also lead to them mostly being online at about the same time.

Mind you, there are actually some 3-lance Steiner sync drops going on. One of them said so when I was chatting with them pre-game. It's not all random occurrence.

No big deal, any way.

Edited by Appogee, 25 October 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#34 Gary Lanier

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

Could I join in on this party even though I don't have a mic?

#35 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'll be on a little later this evening. I hope to see a full dropship like last friday.

#36 Lori Kalmar

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSigurd

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

I'll take Kat's spot until she shows up :)

#37 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Got two cases of Spaten ready to go!
Posted Image

#38 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

It's almost that time! Get those engines warming, ladies and gents.

#39 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostGary Lanier, on 25 October 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Could I join in on this party even though I don't have a mic?

Definitely. As long as you can hear what is being said and can type in teamspeak chat it shouldn't be a problem.

ts1.housesteiner.com

#40 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Congratulations Goose Igaly on the Star League Forum award! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users