#1 Binbo Gami

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Posted Image

Ryuken-Ni in Lore:

The Ryuken-Ni, known throughout the Combine as “The Dutiful Sons”, are an offshoot of the original Ryuken regiment which was trained by and fought alongside the Wolf`s Dragoons mercenary unit. Like all the Ryuken regiments the Ryuken-Ni don`t use standard DCMS tactics but prefer a more mobile and dynamic tactical doctrine.

About Ryuken–Ni :

We are a South East Asia/ Oceania unit (GMT +7 to +12) active in both MWO and Star Citizen looking to provide a friendly and fun gaming experience. We also welcome members from differing parts of the globe if your play times are compatible (or even if they aren’t you are still a welcome addition). Ryuken-Ni realises that this is a game and we are all here to have fun. As such all types of players (casual and hardcore) are welcome to join so long as they follow the Ryuken-Ni code of conduct.

Code of conduct:
Be respectful to other members
No excessive cursing, whether it be on the forums or on our mumble server.
Racism, Sexism or any form of discrimination is strictly prohibited.
No cheating in any form.

Other than the above, Members are encouraged to engage in friendly banter, have fun, but, leave the dramas at home.

If you are interested in joining or wish to know more about us please visit our webpage

http://www.ryuken-ni.com

Edited by Binbo Gami, 21 October 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#2 Binbo Gami

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

Still here and still looking for noble mechwarriors. Alcoholic, homeless and not so noble mechwarriors also welcome.

I stepped in a Davion last night, I wiped it off straight away but I just can't get rid of the smell. Advice needed !!!

#3 Binbo Gami

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Welcome to our newest recruit Feylan.

Other than that

Well not much really.

Have a nice day (only if you are Kuritan)

#4 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

hey! great to see you still around, iv tried to get ahold of you guys via a ticket in your site but no reply.

would really like to have a chat with yah about bringing oceanic/asia memebers together.

#5 Binbo Gami

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

Definitely interested. Best time I've had so far in mwo was when the oceanic league was running, many fond memories of drinking beer while watching the live streams.

Edited by Binbo Gami, 29 November 2013 - 05:31 AM.

#6 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

the league is small fry comepared to what i have in mind.
im talking about something that can lead to ease of league events, something that will bring stability for all the 3rd party voice users from this region.
but lets talks first :D

im on comstar na most days and nights beside this week because im sick.
na1.mech-connect.net

Edited by King Arthur IV, 29 November 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#7 Binbo Gami

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Sounds intriguing. I'll definately catch up soon.

#8 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Ryuken-Ni looking to bolster numbers. Oceanic Unit

http://www.ryuken-ni.com

Edited by G SE7EN7, 02 January 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#9 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

Can you please let me know about your general play-times and play-days? Also the kind of emphasis your group has? I am 100% in it for Community Warfare, long loads or short. I'd like to drop with you guys to get a bit of a test drive to make sure that this is the best fit for me.

I've tried dropping with Night Scorn, and those guys are fantastic for teamwork. I would really want my unit to have that same kind of feeling. I wouldn't want someone breathing down my neck for not using the absolutely most meta designs and builds. If someone tells me they need ECM, I bring something with ECM. If we need NARC, I bring something with NARC. If we need brawlers, I can bring brawlers. If we need snipers, I can bring snipers. When we aren't sure, I've even got some general-purpose stuff so I can keep my bases covered. NS weren't breathing down my neck - at least not on the short term - though there are many Competitive-minded players who do. If someone is going to tell me that I'm "Keeping the team down" by not fielding a very specific build that very specifically follows the recipe for what is meta at a given moment in time, that's not what I'm looking for.

Good organization is the most important thing. I appreciate it when there's someone calling targets to focus fire, rather than saying stuff like "uhh... let's just go through beta or something again, because we blew up the turrets there", remaining silent and operating like pugs the rest of the time, and being surprised why we get creamed. Dropping on the attack even when there's no defenders, because it will help to relieve the pressure on our worlds... That's the kind of experience I'm looking for.

That all being said, I'm REALLY looking forward to finally being able to play Community Warfare at a time that isn't 8am.

Edited by ice trey, 11 January 2015 - 04:07 PM.

#10 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

Had some good rounds last night Ice Trey, had some other Ryuken-Ni's get on after you jumped off. Maybe next time eh.
Party up if you see me around, take care,

#11 TheFratello

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

Good evening , I'd like to join your Unit , My time zone is GMT 3:30+ So I can be online both with Eastern Asia and EU players.
Used to be in another unit, but i felt so out of place that I had to leave ! (they are not at fault , just different type of people )
I'd like to play every single day , but I also have Uni and other stuff , but I'll be online as much as I can.

(21 Yo) (not a pro been here for a while tho) (XP with other games like WT(simulatorBattles preferred) and WoT) (Id love to drop in CW) (random drops are good too) (a bit shy maybe ?) (support)

Request sent in website ~

Edited by TheFratello, 13 January 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#12 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

Has this unit disbanded?

If not, I would be interested in what time you guys do drops.

#13 Binbo Gami

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

Dead unfortunately.

#14 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:04 AM

Hello,

It was disbanded? Nooooo! I am looking for a group around GMT +8, but I haven't found any yet. I'll keep on searching.

Let me know if you have any info.

Best Regards,
Anhell

#15 Binbo Gami

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:17 AM

Not much I`m afraid.
I`ve been on a break but If I run into anything going on I`ll let you know.
I think the best bet is to hit up the kurita ts and look for active units.

cheers

#16 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:23 PM

Just curious if this unit is still active or not? We are looking to partner with Oceanic players.

#17 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:07 PM

I don't think they're active Crock.. Not sure if this unit is even still around.

#18 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostChameleon257, on 20 March 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

I don't think they're active Crock.. Not sure if this unit is even still around.

I wonder how my of these units are dead and gone now. Maybe I should ask a moderator to clean up ancient units which functionally don't exist anymore?

#19 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:25 PM

The last contact I had with the leaders of Ry-Ni told me the unit had disbanded, that was about a year ago now. It's a shame because they were a great bunch of blokes who had a real passion for the game but they eventually folded due a lack of interest.

Despite what people say the "Island" was a place and it caused a lot of problems.

DSA (Darkstar Alliance) are about the only Oceanic group that are interested in Kurita, although they like everyone else is on a mechbay tour ATM.

Oceanic used to a vibrant community, including the nascent Oceanic League (back in the 8v8 period), but various decisions by PGI over the years have pretty much gutted the community of the people with the passion to organise things.

I predict that with the queue split for CW3 that the unit queue will collapse altogether during the Oceanic TZ as there are simply not enough people interested in CW and most of those that are, do it solo anyway.

Edited by slide, 21 March 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#20 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

COMA is Oceanic Kuritan loyalists ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users