What Assault Mechs Neeeed

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Which would you prefer for your Assault Mech (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you prefer for your assault mech?

1. Squat (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. Kick (4 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Club (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

4. All three (7 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Any of the three just get me some relief (7 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Crocjaw

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

Super annoyed when light mechs rub up against my Assault mech and eat it up with machine guns. What my Assault mech needs is Squat so I can hit them and not shoot over their heads. Or my legs need to be able to Kick them into scrap metal. Or my Assault mech needs to be able to Pick Them Up and use them as a club against the nearest building. So one of these or all three would really be a big help. Squat, Kick, or Club.

#2 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

We used to have collisions, where depending on several factors (Weight, speed, special lore abilities) people would run into each other and fall to the ground, causing them to have to pick themselves up to run away.

Lights doing this to other lights was called "TACKLING" (the Dragon could do this too to even greater effect), and caused a lot of rage on the forums as people with poor piloting skill deemed it to be an exploit not being able to keep balance when going 150kph into an Atlas's leg or another 150kph Light WHILE IN ENEMY TERRITORY.

that and the animations were "buggy"

Thus getting removed and causing a situation where lights ruled with impunity.

Someday we will get Collisions back, and REAL light pilots will be able to dominate the battlefield by tackling other enemy lights, opening up tactics for their team mates and causing mayhem that benefits their team.

but that idea is as low on the list as the URBANMECH

#3 Frankdark

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

A Fist Smash woul be great and gives a reson for Handactivators.

#4 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

AND IT IS PROPHESIED THAT UPON THE RETURN OF COLLISIONS, DRAGONS SHALL ONCE AGAIN BOWL WITH IMPUNITY, AND ALL SHALL TREMBLE AT THEIR AWESOME POWER!

#5 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostCrocus, on 23 October 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

Super annoyed when light mechs rub up against my Assault mech and eat it up with machine guns. What my Assault mech needs is Squat so I can hit them and not shoot over their heads. Or my legs need to be able to Kick them into scrap metal. Or my Assault mech needs to be able to Pick Them Up and use them as a club against the nearest building. So one of these or all three would really be a big help. Squat, Kick, or Club.

Oi don't blame Mech for mechwarriors failures

#6 Namouche

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 82 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

A few days ago I was in a btlmaster and got killed by a jenner who shot me in the back. Nothing to it, it happens during a brawl.
The thing is that I saw that was getting hit in my back, so I walk back (downhill) before turning and face the ******.
Although I pressed the "stepback", my 85ton mech wasn't moving because that 35ton jenner was so close he was blocking me.
As I died I thought: How come a 35jenner stops a 85ton mech? I should be able to simply step over it.

collisions are welcome.
and knocking down due to weaponsfire (a Spider taking a AC20 and not even flinch?)

#7 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostNamouche, on 23 October 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

A few days ago I was in a btlmaster and got killed by a jenner who shot me in the back. Nothing to it, it happens during a brawl.
The thing is that I saw that was getting hit in my back, so I walk back (downhill) before turning and face the ******.
Although I pressed the "stepback", my 85ton mech wasn't moving because that 35ton jenner was so close he was blocking me.
As I died I thought: How come a 35jenner stops a 85ton mech? I should be able to simply step over it.

collisions are welcome.
and knocking down due to weaponsfire (a Spider taking a AC20 and not even flinch?)

In your case I support collisions fully, but most of the times bigger mech has no chance to hit light mech if it has any skill.

ps. I'm pretty sure that spider flinches and hard if it eats that AC20, I do when I'm piloting one

#8 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

Remember this one hahah>

http://tinypic.com/p...=6#.UmfJrxDxBfU

#9 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostCrocus, on 23 October 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

Super annoyed when light mechs rub up against my Assault mech and eat it up with machine guns.

Better yet, stay with your team in your assault mech.

#10 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

I can't wait till collision is added, think the game will be a lot more fun and add depth to game play.

Edited by SgtMagor, 23 October 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#11 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

I want a giant mining drill mounted on the groin of my Atlas.

I don't even have problems with lights, I just want it.

#12 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

View Postgavilatius, on 23 October 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

We used to have collisions, (...reasons...)

Someday we will get Collisions back, and REAL light pilots will be able to dominate the battlefield by tackling other enemy lights, opening up tactics for their team mates and causing mayhem that benefits their team.

I don't care if you call it threadonecromancy or anything, but this topic has 3 reasons for me to post in it:
1) Squat. Crouch. You move a lot slower, but are shorter. Played it in a Mechwarrior game before. Want it back. Powering down gets you half a crouch, but at the cost of... powering down -.-'
2) Collision really needs fixing. As it is now, the rubberbanding situations are happening to me a little too often. My client only. The enemy seems to shoot my back just fine :(
3) Urbie is here. Been a while now.

Edited by Uthael, 20 May 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#13 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

Oh my oh my oh my... Yeah.. well.. that's why I don't pilot assoults.. soooo slooooowww...

Anyways... Kicking and clubbing would require melee weapon combat, and that's way to big a can of worms for PGI right now, so squating or crouching.. guess that could work.. we used to be able to crouch in other mech games..

it's actually usefull for taking cover..

So.. Yeah.. squat.

#14 Mosadoff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 103 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:13 AM

Posted Image

Players want melee since CB, and it's still in a far away future...

#15 SOL Ranger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationEndor, exterminating little evil bear people for the Empire.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

I voted for squat, because it should exist for everyone anyway.

However I believe the proper solution is to allow mechs to tip over on collision/pushing, then I see no problem with allowing an assault mech to walk over a light mech and simply crush it like a bug.

Edited by SOL Ranger, 21 May 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#16 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

View Postgavilatius, on 23 October 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

We used to have collisions, where depending on several factors (Weight, speed, special lore abilities) people would run into each other and fall to the ground, causing them to have to pick themselves up to run away.

Lights doing this to other lights was called "TACKLING" (the Dragon could do this too to even greater effect), and caused a lot of rage on the forums as people with poor piloting skill deemed it to be an exploit not being able to keep balance when going 150kph into an Atlas's leg or another 150kph Light WHILE IN ENEMY TERRITORY.

that and the animations were "buggy"

Seeing as we got the urbanmech. I hope collisions are coming soon. That is the biggest thing that will give assaults a benefit they need. http://www.nogutsnog...attach=67;image

Edited by Enzane, 22 May 2015 - 09:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users