1250 replies to this topic

#521 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

That sounds interesting! I'll take a look!

#522 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

Say, any idea when the launch module is bein patched in? I've got conflicting reports with some saying 19th of April, some saying 29th of April, and the MWO plan claiming that it's less than half done...

#523 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

I just found myself wondering that same thing the other day. I think the post the had on the website somewhere that had the 19th in the title also later on said the 29th (which makes more sense because the 29th is a Tuesday anyway, so let's go with that). It's not like anything in this game has ever been delivered later than originally promised...

#524 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

When it comes everyone will learn to love the Locust! LOVE IT AS YOU LOVE THE LOPAN!

#525 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

So, everybody. What's your favorite 'Mech, and why?

#526 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

CTF-3D, any day of the week. I loved my Ilya, but the 3D is the best. I love the twin gauss builds for unbeatable punch at range, and the jump jets allow me to get around on canyon network.

I also really like my SDR-5K. The champion build is such an excellent pest :D.

Edited by MagResPolarBear, 21 April 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#527 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

It's been so long since I've spent a lot of time piloting my favorite 'mechs, but I think my favorite is still the Dragon Slayer Victor. I don't think I've driven it since the Victor chassis was nerfed a patch or two back, but I still like the Victors I have been piloting, so I think the I'll still feel the same about the Slayer. I swapped the gauss rifle out for an LB 10-X after the timing modification, but it allowed me to pack in a pair of SRM-6s and keep the MPLs. It's got pretty beefy short range damage but can still hit hard from range (you could also drop a pair of SRM tubes to turn the LB 10-X into an AC/10 if you'd rather).

If I had to pick one frame to pilot every time I logged in, it would probably be the Victor, though honorable mention would go to the Shadow Hawk. Besides my Slayer, I've got a hefty brawler with a standard engine, AC/20, lots of SRMs, and pulse lasers and a super fast quick hitter with dual Ultra AC/5s and arm mounted lasers. The Shadow Hawks are just so versatile, with my -2H kitted as a brutal scavenger (steaks, MGs, and ER LL), the -2D2 as a mobile LRM boat, and the -2K is a Shadowhunch (AC/20, 2 lasers).

On the whole, I'm a fan of Victors, Highlanders, Cataphracts, Jagermechs, and Shadow Hawks.

Edited by blackcatf, 21 April 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#528 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

I'll need some more testing, but I think the Ember might be surplanting the SDR-5K as my favorite MG 'Mech. That thing is a hell-spawned demon, and I'm loving it. Only played 9 games so far, but my win/loss ratio is 8 and my KDR is 5.5 in that 'Mech...

#529 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

The Ember is a total beast, it's true, but my favorite MG 'Mech is (Say it with me now!) The Locust-V. I don't know what it is about that little guy, but he's just a blast to pilot. When I get a kill it feels like a real achievement, and when I die it's just, "Well, I was piloting a Locust. I have 15 CT Armor."

As dumb as it sounds, it's not the being a nuisance that I love, though I do enjoy it. I love that moment when the other 'Mech starts running. When it realizes it's being picked apart by a bug, and tries to get away and get help. That's when you throttle down, follow it at a sedate pace and just empty five hundred rounds of MG ammo into its back.

It's also really fun to chase down a spotting light that's running from your team and tear its leg off before it realizes it got away ages ago, and the thing still shooting at it is half its size.

#530 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

I love those 'mechs when you guys are piloting them. I occasionally do well in bigger lights like the Firestarter, Jenner, or Raven, but I have to have a couple of really good light pilots with me for it to really work. It's kind of sad that before long we won't be able to have a true light lance of 4 'mechs less than 40 tons...

#531 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

True, but we have the happy knowledge that we also won't be seeing 4 Highlanders backed up by 3 Victors either.

#532 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Right...and those are the mobile support platforms for a trio of AS7-D-DCs and two Stalkers. :)

#533 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

In seriousness, though I've had a few matches where the one companies lightest 'mech was a Cataphract or a Jagermech (with 7-9 assaults) and the other side had one or two assaults and loads of lights. Not many, but I've had them.

Edited by blackcatf, 23 April 2014 - 06:13 PM.

#534 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

I'm starting to get tired of outsiders advertising in our recruitment thread...

View Postblackcatf, on 23 April 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

In seriousness, though I've had a few matches where the one companies lightest 'mech was a Cataphract or a Jagermech (with 7-9 assaults) and the other side had one or two assaults and loads of lights. Not many, but I've had them.

I sat down and worked out the tonnage difference on one particularly egregious match. Turned out to be 200 T...

#535 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostMagResPolarBear, on 23 April 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

I'm starting to get tired of outsiders advertising in our recruitment thread...
I must have missed those, have they been getting deleted?

View PostMagResPolarBear, on 23 April 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

I sat down and worked out the tonnage difference on one particularly egregious match. Turned out to be 200 T...
That seems like a lot...

#536 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

Blue skies are coming, gentlemen.

#537 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

View Postblackcatf, on 24 April 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

That seems like a lot...

It felt like a lot ;)

View PostLoPanShui, on 24 April 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

Blue skies are coming, gentlemen.

There was a public test of the new launch module, wasn't there? Anyone have the time to see it?

#538 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

I didn't get to play in it, and all I heard is that it took a long time to find matches, which is kind of to be expected on a test server for a launch module.

#539 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

Much as I like to be sarcastic about this sort of thing, I am actually looking forward to the launch module. I think it would be great if they had some kind of feature which gave you an overview of what weight classes people have bee trying to bring over the 15 min or so. That way, if you see there are 30% assaults in the que but only 20 % mediums, then you'll get in a match quicker if you switch to a medium.

#540 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Has that weight class breakdown been listed as a possible feature? That would be useful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users