Operation Cancer (Crab & King Crab Thread)

338 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you buy this? (539 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy this for 40 dollars?

1. Yes, take my wallet (304 votes [56.40%])

Percentage of vote: 56.40%

2. I'd wait for cbills (184 votes [34.14%])

Percentage of vote: 34.14%

3. No interest in crabs. (51 votes [9.46%])

Percentage of vote: 9.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Okay you got me...I would open my wallet since I am a Cancer to.

#22 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 31 October 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Here is an idea to sweeten the deal even more...

SLDF Royal BattleMech Package

Posted Image

Tier 1
Mongoose

Tier 2
Mongoose
Crab

Tier 3
Mongoose
Crab
Champion

Tier 4
Mongoose
Crab
Champion
King Crab

This package would include various Royal BattleMechs in the Star League Defense Force. There would be four tiers to this package, including a 'Mech from each weight class as shown above. This package would also have a premium skin, resembling the uniforms below (green/black premium skin with SLDF stars). Thoughts?

SLDF Royal BattleMechs
Posted Image

Yes I will be paying by Credit card:
Posted Image

#23 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

i definitely have an interest in those crabs! :huh:

#24 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm not sure I'd buy the package; but I'd certainly love to see MWO add as many IS mechs as possible. Especially interesting models like the Crab family of mechs.

#25 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

King Crab King Crab King Crab King Crab!

The King Crab and the Marauder are currently two mechs that would convince me to spend some money on MW:O despite my general unwillingness to do so.

Even if Cancer killed my dear godfather and my uncle.

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 01 November 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#26 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

For Great Justice!

The last Ask The Dev's have reviled they are focusing on CLAN MECHS, and CLAN TECH!

Does this mean the fate of our dear Cancer Pack is dead?

I really hope not.

On the plus side. Working on Clans?! How many months before we see that?!

#27 Antasius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

Question: will the leg configuration of the Kingcrab be a problem for the PGI team to design within the restrictions of Cryengine 3?

I remember hearing that the 4 legged mechs would be an issue because they would have to be completely re-designed from the ground up.

The Kingcrab has a very distinctive walk... could be a challenge.

Edited by Antasius, 02 November 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#28 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

i was under the impression the crab/King Crab are actually both bipedal?

also, if you kept actuators but added crits to the side torso, it is supposed to lock your arm to the torso range :D so you may as well just have it not have actuators.

i'd totally fool around with a king crab, if only for Lulz.

#29 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostAntasius, on 02 November 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

Question: will the leg configuration of the Kingcrab be a problem for the PGI team to design within the restrictions of Cryengine 3?

I remember hearing that the 4 legged mechs would be an issue because they would have to be completely re-designed from the ground up.

The Kingcrab has a very distinctive walk... could be a challenge.

It shouldn't be too hard for them. They already have the Cataphract in the game. That mech has reverse joints. As does the stalker, Raven, Catapult. and possibly a few others?

#30 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

Yes we need another mech like awesome to be destryoed by ghost heat .

#31 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

Anything with the name 'king' on it sounds like it was built just for me specifically.

I approve.

#32 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

More P2W/microtransactions ?? no ty ..moving on :P

#33 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

I have wanted the Crab bros since somebody suggested about having them in the game. its been a while and a lot of fan support for them but no feed back from the dev's afaik! then Banshee, Devastator and some other mechs were in a poll but no info on them either. :(

#34 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 03 November 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

More P2W/microtransactions ?? no ty ..moving on :(

Wouldn't be pay to win, but pay to get it early. (Or just us saying we would pay money, so PGI knows they can make money off the idea, maybe pushing the concept farther for them.)

Unless of course P2W is Play to Win... :D

#35 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

Well The only way the Phoenix Package is P2W right now. Is due to the Shadow hawks being good.

I wouldn't say the Thunderbolt or the Battlemaster are better then any other mech out there. (Not saying they aren't GOOD, just not better.)

The Shadow Hawk does a pretty good AC20 / 2x ML build. That could be copied by the BlackJack. but The placement of the AC20 in the torso vs. the arms gives it a better survivability. While also (seemingly) being thinner then the Hunchback.

#36 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

After a week we have 10 to 1 saying they desire these mechs, and of those ten almost 2/3 would pay to get them first.

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 03 November 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

More P2W/microtransactions ?? no ty ..moving on :P

Nope, I am just acknowledging human nature man. PGI is in it to make a profit. Even if they were not trying to make a profit, they still have to break even, and that requires money. Showing PGI that there is a paying market for the crab was acknowledging why the world happens. I'll just assume you go to your job and volunteer because you like doing whatever you are doing, no paycheck necessary.

I actually specified the ECM crab would be added when the rest of the crabs were added and not added as a pay first option. All variants would follow the pay to play first variant in a month or two. Like it or not this isn't pay to win. You're not getting anything that won't be available in a reasonable amount of time.

View PostMadCat02, on 03 November 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

Yes we need another mech like awesome to be destryoed by ghost heat .

While I am not a fan of ghost heat there is nothing saying that you'd have to outfit a crab to incure ghost heat, nor any guarantee that you couldn't play a crab in a way where ghost heat would be any more of a pain than on any other mech. Further more I reject the premise that ghost heat is a reason not to add a mech; if it is ghost heat is the problem, not the mech. This is not a ghost heat thread however, I hope no one will try to derail this idea as such.

View PostAntasius, on 02 November 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

Question: will the leg configuration of the Kingcrab be a problem for the PGI team to design within the restrictions of Cryengine 3? I remember hearing that the 4 legged mechs would be an issue because they would have to be completely re-designed from the ground up.The Kingcrab has a very distinctive walk... could be a challenge.

While I imagine the compact walk would be a problem, they already have several mechs with reversed leg joints. The King Crab isn't swift so you wouldn't have to worry about a fast animation anyways. I dunno if this would be the "unfixable" problem that would prevent it from happening.

#37 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostHammerSwarm, on 04 November 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

While I imagine the compact walk would be a problem, they already have several mechs with reversed leg joints. The King Crab isn't swift so you wouldn't have to worry about a fast animation anyways. I dunno if this would be the "unfixable" problem that would prevent it from happening.

This posting is thinking that the King Crab is a Quad mech (probably thinking it walks like a crab or something) instead of the reverse joint bipedal mech that it is. I'm also going to guess he didn't check and look at pictures of the King Crab Battlemech.

Neither that Crab nor the King Crab are Quad mechs, and should provide no problems as far as movement and hit locations when added into the game.

#38 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

LOL I can tell you already just by looking at it that it's headshot city.

#39 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 04 November 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

LOL I can tell you already just by looking at it that it's headshot city.

Only at first, like the Jagermech... Then it will become like the Atlas over time where you have to shoot this 1x1 pixel area to hit the head. (Yes, I'm joking and exaggerating a little here.) I still would like to see it in the game, and it probably wouldn't be any different than the Jenner and Jagermech for head shots.

#40 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostTesunie, on 04 November 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

Only at first, like the Jagermech... Then it will become like the Atlas over time where you have to shoot this 1x1 pixel area to hit the head. (Yes, I'm joking and exaggerating a little here.) I still would like to see it in the game, and it probably wouldn't be any different than the Jenner and Jagermech for head shots.

Well the problem is that its face is ganna be right at the end of the barrel of an articulated arms mech... no convergence required just fire and pop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users