Operation Cancer (Crab & King Crab Thread)

338 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you buy this? (539 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy this for 40 dollars?

1. Yes, take my wallet (304 votes [56.40%])

Percentage of vote: 56.40%

2. I'd wait for cbills (184 votes [34.14%])

Percentage of vote: 34.14%

3. No interest in crabs. (51 votes [9.46%])

Percentage of vote: 9.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

*tears out kidneys, ships them to Vancouver*

#42 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 04 November 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Well the problem is that its face is ganna be right at the end of the barrel of an articulated arms mech... no convergence required just fire and pop

No different than the height of a Jenner's Cockpit, or the Catapult's, and it would be smaller than a Cats... I think it could still work. And I susspect from the drawing I'm seeing that the Cockpit would be higher than most arms, as it looks like it'd be taller and higher than a Cat's and a Jenner's cockpit area. Probably more Jagermech height? Hard to tell with no other comparisons.

Someone's idea for the rendering is here, and I think it looks accurate and nice. http://mwomercs.com/...140905-kgn-000/

#43 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

Would sure be fun to try... if there is a version with jets then it's poptart city with that short body.

#44 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostTesunie, on 04 November 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

No different than the height of a Jenner's Cockpit, or the Catapult's, and it would be smaller than a Cats... I think it could still work. And I susspect from the drawing I'm seeing that the Cockpit would be higher than most arms, as it looks like it'd be taller and higher than a Cat's and a Jenner's cockpit area. Probably more Jagermech height? Hard to tell with no other comparisons.

Someone's idea for the rendering is here, and I think it looks accurate and nice. http://mwomercs.com/...140905-kgn-000/

I dunno - that KNG looks a little clunky.

#45 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 04 November 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

I dunno - that KNG looks a little clunky.

It's a franken mech made from parts of already existing mechs. The basic concept and shapes are right. I'd certainly be hoping and expecting PGI to make it more unique looking than that, but it's a good base to work off of for size and scale.

#46 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostTesunie, on 04 November 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

This posting is thinking that the King Crab is a Quad mech (probably thinking it walks like a crab or something) instead of the reverse joint bipedal mech that it is. I'm also going to guess he didn't check and look at pictures of the King Crab Battlemech.

Neither that Crab nor the King Crab are Quad mechs, and should provide no problems as far as movement and hit locations when added into the game.

I kinda got that, but even when I look at pictures the legs are quite compact and set behind the torso. I agree for an art team as talented as PGI thy'll figure it out.

#47 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

they can link it to a charity. cover the crabs in pink ribbons and teddybears.....or syringes and we can all have a long discussion about STD's

#48 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Come, on, PGI, give these guys crabs.

#49 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 04 November 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Come, on, PGI, give these guys crabs.

Give me Crabs!

That there was enough love for the king crab that a person took their free time to produce a 3d model of the king crab makes me happy. This is the sort of fan involvement that will force them to acknowledge the KGC and the Crab sooner or later. I for one am pushing for sooner!

Bishop Steiner contributes some quality crab art here too:
http://mwomercs.com/...-seafood-night/

Starscreamdolf posted this 3d image:
Posted Image

More art is out there post yours and help inspire PGI to deliver these mechs.

Edited by HammerSwarm, 05 November 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#50 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

Posted Image

#51 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

You know, they're close to the sea. Shouldn't be too expensive to have some Alaskan King Crab legs delivered to their offices.

#52 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostHammerSwarm, on 05 November 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Give me Crabs!

That there was enough love for the king crab that a person took their free time to produce a 3d model of the king crab makes me happy. This is the sort of fan involvement that will force them to acknowledge the KGC and the Crab sooner or later. I for one am pushing for sooner!

Bishop Steiner contributes some quality crab art here too:
http://mwomercs.com/...-seafood-night/

Starscreamdolf posted this 3d image:
Posted Image

More art is out there post yours and help inspire PGI to deliver these mechs.

That pic I posed on the first page is Linked to the guy who created it:

More Pictures

#53 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

Mechrole - this is an important aspect if you want to stop seeing ac-20 jagers you are going to need to add a mech with the same capabilities but that does it better. How could a 100 ton assault not be better? But it also has some faults which even it out. This is why adding mechs like this is important for me. If you want something that works okay to go away you either have to nerf it or offer an alternative. This is a good alternative for the AC 20 Jager

#54 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostHammerSwarm, on 06 November 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Mechrole - this is an important aspect if you want to stop seeing ac-20 jagers you are going to need to add a mech with the same capabilities but that does it better. How could a 100 ton assault not be better? But it also has some faults which even it out. This is why adding mechs like this is important for me. If you want something that works okay to go away you either have to nerf it or offer an alternative. This is a good alternative for the AC 20 Jager

With more vulnerable arms (where the weapons will be), making it move likely to disarm it. As well as being slower and larger... It would have that give and take that a design should be, making it not all powerful, but still very potent.

#55 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostTesunie, on 06 November 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

With more vulnerable arms (where the weapons will be), making it move likely to disarm it. As well as being slower and larger... It would have that give and take that a design should be, making it not all powerful, but still very potent.

Exactly, also it would have more tonnage for weapons and additional side weapons. You could have a King Crab with dual A/C 20s, with a large laser, and LRM 15 running around easily.

Then the A/C 20 people would be able to choose Jagger with out support weapons or a king crab with support weapons. some will favor each I suppose. Would a jager20 stand a chance vs a king crab? it shouldn't.

The game has alot of counter built into it we just need to get the strategic role mechs into the game.

#56 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

Voting is now 75 to 6 that people want to see the king crab in game and 2 to 1 that people would pay good money PGI. Please!

#57 Critical Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 250 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

If this was $40 per player for the proposed pack, it would equal around $3000 from just 75 people. If PGI actually did this, it would make a hell of a lot more based on the popularity of the Phoenix and Saber packages.

#58 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

#59 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

If the Crabs were put into MWO I can see people in their Crabs fighting for ownership of the cave on Forest Colony, the bunker under the airfield spawn location in River City, and the underground area on Crimson Straights. Crabs are very protective of their homes.

#60 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Supporting this as hard as I possibly can!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users