What Modules To Get In What Order For My Atlas Ddc?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Palutena

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

What modules should I be getting in what order for my Atlas DDC?

Current build is
2 large laser
gaus rifle 4 tons ammo
3 streak srm 2s 3 tons ammo
ecm
18 double heat sinks
300 engine

Nearing on 5k free exp so I was thinking of getting the Sensor module first. Maybe the Zoom module next or should I save for the capture module second?

Does the capture module work in both assault and conquest modes?

#2 Loqgar

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

I think you should do 360 sensor first, for lights and streaks, sensor range next, because that's always good, and then target info, because i really like to know I should be shooting at.

#3 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Yup, any sensor upgrade is crucial for what's bulky as an Atlas. Also your build is not exactly strong.

#4 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

With that build, you don't need any modules. Of course if you are a rich ******* and don't care about wasting cb's, then you could get the target info, capture accel and sensor boost. But I would recommend to wait until PGI adds more modules that are actually useful to you.

#5 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

360, zoom, target info, capture, in that order

basically with 5 modules and 4 slots, its a question of which module should you leave out. and in this case its 15% sensor bonus because 1) doesn't do jack vs ecm and 2) mostly useful for lrm boats anyway. zoom has significant problems but it is useful sometimes at extreme thermal ranges with the gauss. there's shots i can make with it which I'd be less accurate with the regular zoom. and thermal everything is blurry anyway.

cap module should work on both game modes but in almost 2000 games capture module has made a difference exactly one time. so its probably a tossup between that and sensor tbh. with your loadout sensor just doesn't give you anything.

Edited by Broceratops, 20 December 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#6 Dennma

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFRR, unknown Coordinates

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

I just got Gauss Cooldown 5 for my AS7-D...Very, very effective. I can outbrawl a Warhawk.

Hell of a build, by the way

Edited by Dennma, 08 March 2015 - 12:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users