• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

I have been having problems since your latest Jester update The program closes itself partway through the loading screen with the skunk and clock. Restarting the phone does not seem to help at all. Using a Nokia Lumia 920.

#22 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostNRP, on 09 November 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Right. I'm saying your program, Skunkworks, allows a 240 engine to be installed in a COM-2D, which it shouldn't.

By the way, any ETA when the Jester will be added?

Ahh - I see. I'll investigate and fix it in the next patch.

View PostMavRCK, on 09 November 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Linked your thread to reddit. Nice job bro!

Thanks!

View PostPariah Devalis, on 09 November 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

I have been having problems since your latest Jester update The program closes itself partway through the loading screen with the skunk and clock. Restarting the phone does not seem to help at all. Using a Nokia Lumia 920.

This is particularly concerning because the patch with the new Jester 'mech hasn't been approved by Microsoft yet and it not yet, as far as I can tell, available for public consumption. During the Skunkworks logo the only thing that happens is the app loads into memory. So, the error must be with Windows Phone itself, the Marketplace downloader/launcher, or your phone hardware. The cheapest and easiest way to fix the app would be uninstall and reinstall (assuming the phone itself isn't bad).

I am very sorry for this inconvience, but I'm fairly positive the app itself isn't at fault. Microsoft provides micro-crash (way smaller than mini) dumps for every app crash on Windows Phone. I see 9 crashes in the past 90 days (300,000+ app launches with 17,000 users), all caused by network issues and downloading images or news from mwomercs.com. None of the crashes are in code that is touched while the Skunk logo is visible.

I really wish I could be more help here. I think the worst part is that if you uninstall the app, Windows Phone will delete any saved mech loadouts you had. If a reinstall does not work, please let me know and we can contact Microsoft together to see if we can't find a resolution.

Edited by focuspark, 09 November 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#23 Sugomi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

Amazing! Thanks!

#24 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostNRP, on 06 November 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Also, the Stats screen is nice, but it would be nice if your terms were defined somewhere. I would also prefer a more streamlined presentation that included the build's heat efficiency (preferably also accounting for ghost heat effects). DPS numbers are nice and all, but what I am really interested in when tweaking builds is heat performance metrics.

I'm working on adding "alpha heat" to the stats screen. Holy {scrap} is that a complicated beast.

update: added the horrid logic. Who the {scrap} created this thing and actually thought it was a good idea?

// god aweful ghost heat calculation time!
int cnt = allComponents[category][component];
float heat = component.Heat * cnt;
if (cnt > component.AlphaMax)
{
heat += Constants.AlphaChart[cnt] * component.AlphaMultiplier * (cnt - component.AlphaMax) * component.Heat;
}

The update will be posted ASAP. I need the current "Jester" update to clear the pipeline first, then I'll submit these changes for MSFT review. My guess is a week from today you'll have these changes.

Edited by focuspark, 09 November 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#25 Odog4ever

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'm on a Lumia 920 and when I go to name a new load-out the app crashes and then I can't re-open it. Hopefully this is patched because it looks good from the screenshots at least.

#26 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'm also on a Lumia 920 and have had no crashes or any other type of instability. Maybe try uninstalling and re-installing?

#27 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostOdog4ever, on 09 November 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

I'm on a Lumia 920 and when I go to name a new load-out the app crashes and then I can't re-open it. Hopefully this is patched because it looks good from the screenshots at least.

Sounds like a failure on save to storage. Does your phone have any remaining storage space left?

Edited by focuspark, 09 November 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#28 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Reinstall seemed to fix it. Thanks!Edit: upon creating a loadout, after naming it, it crashed. Will not boot up now. Crashes at Skunk screen.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 09 November 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#29 Odog4ever

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postfocuspark, on 09 November 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Sounds like a failure on save to storage. Does your phone have any remaining storage space left?

Got about 10GB of storage left. Cleared out "other" storage of temporary files.

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix the crash after naming loadout issues either.

#30 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostOdog4ever, on 09 November 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Got about 10GB of storage left. Cleared out "other" storage of temporary files.

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix the crash after naming loadout issues either.

Hmm... would you mind helping debug this issue?

What language is your phone set to? Which 'mech(s) fails? What name(s) are you attempting to use and fail?

Thanks!

#31 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Okay, found an app crashing bug. Steps to duplicate: Add a new mech, choose Medium, chose Shadow Hawk 5M, name it 5M, tap "Continue" and the app crashes. Furthermore, when you try to restart the app, it just crashes again after the initial "Skunkworks" loading screen. You have to uninstall the app, then re-download it to get it working again. It doesn't seem to matter what name you give the Shadow Hawk 5M build, it always crashes.

Nokia Lumia 920. Language is English. 24.2GB free storage space.

Edit:
This also happens when you choose any of the Locusts. I didn't try any other mechs because I got tired of uninstalling and re-downloading.

Edit 2:
The app crashes upon naming the following mechs:
Locust
Shadow Hawk
Griffin
Wolverine
Thunderbolt
Battlemaster

As far as I can tell, all of the other mechs work fine.

Edited by NRP, 09 November 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#32 Sugomi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

Strange issue: I installed the app remotely to my 820 via the Windows store on my desktop, yet it does not show on my phone. It does show as in collection if I try to install it via the in-phone store though. Installing the monetized version via the phone has the same issue. Trying to figure out how to uninstall, but that seems to be complicated by the fact that I cant see the app.

#33 Odog4ever

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 09 November 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Hmm... would you mind helping debug this issue?

What language is your phone set to? Which 'mech(s) fails? What name(s) are you attempting to use and fail?

Thanks!

1. English
2. ShadowHawk
3. I tried "SDH" for the name

#34 Marthe Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 09 November 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

I'm working on adding "alpha heat" to the stats screen. Holy {scrap} is that a complicated beast.

Tell me about it... Prior to coding it in my calculator, I wrote down on a sheet of paper the flow of how ghost heat should be done then it was too hard so i just rambo'ed the implementation out. My gut feeling tells me to not invest too much time perfecting it because it'll probably be changed drastically when clan mechs come out.
see : https://github.com/k...ost_heat.coffee

it's for http://keikun17.gith...heat_simulator/

Edited by Marthe Pryde, 10 November 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#35 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostNRP, on 09 November 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Okay, found an app crashing bug. Steps to duplicate: Add a new mech, choose Medium, chose Shadow Hawk 5M, name it 5M, tap "Continue" and the app crashes. Furthermore, when you try to restart the app, it just crashes again after the initial "Skunkworks" loading screen. You have to uninstall the app, then re-download it to get it working again. It doesn't seem to matter what name you give the Shadow Hawk 5M build, it always crashes.

Edit:
This also happens when you choose any of the Locusts. I didn't try any other mechs because I got tired of uninstalling and re-downloading.

Edit 2:
Locust
Shadow Hawk
Griffin
Wolverine
Thunderbolt
Battlemaster

This is what is happening to me, as well. Exactly what is happening, actually. Set to English. Lumia 920.14.04 GB free on the phone at the moment.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 10 November 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#36 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostMaerawn, on 01 November 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

is either compatible with windows 7?

also Andriod app please? for all of us who dont like the windows phones? if not its cool i was just wondering

More for those who do not own a windows phone. If you've never used a windows phone, don't be hatin'.

#37 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostOdog4ever, on 10 November 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

1. English
2. ShadowHawk
3. I tried "SDH" for the name

View PostPariah Devalis, on 10 November 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

This is what is happening to me, as well. Exactly what is happening, actually. Set to English. Lumia 920.14.04 GB free on the phone at the moment.

View PostNRP, on 09 November 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Edit:

Edit 2:
Locust
Shadow Hawk
Griffin
Wolverine
Thunderbolt
Battlemaster

Thanks! Due to your bug reports, I was able to track down and resolve the problem. I'll push a patch to Windows Phone Market place today. Once they review it and approve it, it will be available for you. This usually takes about 3 business days and I'll post here as soon as I get notification that the patch is available.

Issue: app unexpectedly quit when creating loadouts for Phoenix & Sabre mechs on WP8

Cause: Phoenix and Sabre 'mechs have specialized artwork (not from static.mwomercs.com) included with the app. WP8 has an async file system, failed reads are not being properly handled by the app. This issue does not repro on WP7 due to not having an async file system API. This issue does not repro on other 'mechs because they fetch doll art from static.mwomercs.com (and cache results) and have a retrying async exception handler.

Solution: add an async exception handler and re-try a fixed number of times before displaying nothing for the doll art.

#38 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostTungsten MD, on 10 November 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

Strange issue: I installed the app remotely to my 820 via the Windows store on my desktop, yet it does not show on my phone. It does show as in collection if I try to install it via the in-phone store though. Installing the monetized version via the phone has the same issue. Trying to figure out how to uninstall, but that seems to be complicated by the fact that I cant see the app.

This I have no idea about as I've never tried to install an app on my phone from the website directly. Most cases the WP OS waits for a "free" wireless (read: no cost to use network) before downloading anything over 2MB. Additionally, I've found a number of public wireless networks where Zune cannot pull data despite being free.

I suppose this could be your problem. Perhaps your phone is confused and attempting to avoid you fees, which means it is stuck in limbo with regards to downloading the app. However, as I said: I have no idea about this.

#39 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for your quick response!

#40 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

Always blows me away how quickly you push patches out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users