Theta Galaxy, Clan Star Adder Touman, The Smoke Adders

25 replies to this topic

#1 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

(☠) All Heroes fall.....Legends Rise (☠)

We are Theta Galaxy, Clan Star Adder Touman, the Smoke Adders.

The unit is not an open-recruiting unit, but this thread serves more to announce our involvement and to rest as a beacon to Trothkin and old friends who know us from other games, or in drops on the public servers.

That being said, we do encourage all who enjoy competitive and casual play to consider us, especially after dropping with us (as opponents or of the same Binary).

While it is unknown how Community warfare will affect players attempting to represent Clan-based units outside of falling under one of the existing Clans (House equivalents in PGI's model), we are sure we will find ourselves participating in the invasion corridor soon enough.

We ask our pilots to focus on getting good at their part of the match, their role within it and not to focus on the win or the loss. Excelling at our own individual components, when working together as a team will result in the wins required.

Once we have the necessary numbers of pilots we will cut our teeth on planetary league play in preparation for Community Warfare and for those members interested, we hope to field a team of pilots for RHoD season 3.

Good hunting.

Some commonly asked questions:

Q: Does Theta require Trials of Position?

A: Yes, like many units there is a certain bar that must be met and we adopt the same methodology as Clans from canon (with the exception that people can ToP more than once if they choose to, in order to improve). Many great units use similar techniques, so this should not scare anyone off, especially if they are interested in getting better.

Q: What about Trials of Entry/Position or similar devices from other units?

A: If you are Blooded (i.e. have completed ToE/ToP or some similar event in a previous unit) we will consider waiving the ToP on a case by case basis on those pilots we can confirm are Blooded Mechwarriors.

Q: What is the focus for the unit (casual, competitive, tournament play, planetary league play, other)?

A: Our focus will be on community warfare and we intend to maintain a core competitive base, with more casual players more than welcome to consider us. We will cut our teeth organizationally on tournament/planetary league play as we reach our goal #'s. You cannot get better as a unit simply by playing 4-mans.

Edited by Lukoi, 07 November 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#2 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

Lukoi is good people, good luck sir!

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

Though I love the Star Adders as a Faction, they don't have a place in the 3050 invasion. That was on purpose. They among all the Clans understood how costly fighting the IS would be.

That being said, Good luck sirs.

#4 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Bump for an honorable warrior. Look forward to seeing you on the field Lukoi, regardless of the state of CW ( or lack of)

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 November 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

Though I love the Star Adders as a Faction, they don't have a place in the 3050 invasion. That was on purpose. They among all the Clans understood how costly fighting the IS would be.

That being said, Good luck sirs.

Neither did a mercenary unit called Murphy's Law but for this video game reenactment apparently we all get to play. We arent the entire Clan. We represent a portion of the Touman and for lore purposes, we intend to represent a unit "bid in" to serve one of the ivading Clans...see CHH for the precedent. Thanks for the good luck tho <_<.

And thanks again to CHH. Always an honorable crew to work with!

Edited by Lukoi, 05 November 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#6 Cola

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Best of Luck my friend,

Just don't think we'll go easy on you and yours when the time comes <_<

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

View Postarden, on 05 November 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Best of Luck my friend,

Just don't think we'll go easy on you and yours when the time comes <_<

I'd be insulted if you did brother :ph34r:

#8 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

View PostLukoi, on 05 November 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Neither did a mercenary unit called Murphy's Law but for this video game reenactment apparently we all get to play. We arent the entire Clan. We represent a portion of the Touman and for lore purposes, we intend to represent a unit "bid in" to serve one of the ivading Clans...see CHH for the precedent. Thanks for the good luck tho :).

And thanks again to CHH. Always an honorable crew to work with!

That is not entirely true. Read any of the Merc Sourcebooks, They openly say they are only covering those units that made it on the radar. Countless hundreds of units form and die, or do not get rated by the MRBC. So because there isn't a Canon Murphy's Law, does not mean we cannot take part.

If my memory is good (Big IF there).
One Trinary of Star Adders went in the original invasion, and a few Goliath Scorpions. CHH became a thorn in the Ghost Bears side very late in the Crusade. If the Adders were an actual Invading Clan, I would not be here as Joseph Mallan.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 November 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#9 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

Its true enough Joe. Maybe Adders didnt make it on the radar for some reason either. Maybe its a video game and we are choosing to represent a small portion of a Clan we enjoy identifying with. Maybe you should consider applying if you are an Adder fan (to our Touman or CSA's) instead if trying to "lore-{Godwin's Law}" other people and how they enoy the game.

Using your logic....so just because theres no canon history written about Adders in the invasion doesnt meant we cant represent a unit that was bid in to serve under an invading unit, as clearly it has happened before. Lots if information gets lost in the confusion of warfare.

I appreciate the bumps :)

Edited by Lukoi, 06 November 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#10 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

Greetings from the Ghost Bears.

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

You may already know us on Strana Mechty but..

Greetings from Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy

#12 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hails to both of you and Cycline I am still SM site but it has come to a quiet end apparently. Perhaps CW will revive it.

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostLukoi, on 06 November 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Its true enough Joe. Maybe Adders didnt make it on the radar for some reason either. Maybe its a video game and we are choosing to represent a small portion of a Clan we enjoy identifying with. Maybe you should consider applying if you are an Adder fan (to our Touman or CSA's) instead if trying to "lore-{Godwin's Law}" other people and how they enoy the game.

Using your logic....so just because theres no canon history written about Adders in the invasion doesnt meant we cant represent a unit that was bid in to serve under an invading unit, as clearly it has happened before. Lots if information gets lost in the confusion of warfare.

In 3050 There wasn't a real Star Adder presence in the Invasion. However, considering that Joe Mallan is a semi Canon character thanks to being a member of the BattleCorps Legion. I am making it my goal to actually play the character's FanFic history. So I intend to be there with the 10th Lyran Guard when Lincoln Osis head rolls. Then to move on and be there as Terra is freed from The Wobbies. As it looks right now I may actually be as old as Joe when it happens!
Posted Image
Thats me... the Battlemaster wearing fishnets and a ruby slipper!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 November 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#14 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

Your hairsplitting is showing Joe. You just mentioned the Trinary. Thats presence enough for us. See you ingame.

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostLukoi, on 06 November 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Your hairsplitting is showing Joe. You just mentioned the Trinary. Thats presence enough for us. See you ingame.

For you... not for me. See you there! ;)

#16 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

Luckily for us, your approval is not a consideration.

Thank goodness for some of the very effective forum features here at MWO.

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostLukoi, on 06 November 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Luckily for us, your approval is not a consideration.

Thank goodness for some of the very effective forum features here at MWO.

Posted Image

#18 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Added a short "commonly asked questions" portion due to recent inquiries.

#19 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostLukoi, on 06 November 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Exactly. ReapHavoc Truscott, 9mm N'Buta, "Bongo" Tau'Kat Talasko, Nidhogg Lefabre are all of CSA from the old MW4 days in WAR!Online and NBT4. Yeah we could pick some canon correct faction, but it would just be the same.

#20 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

View PostKittenkrusher, on 10 November 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Good luck on your endeavor ....always good to see more strength amongst the clans =D

Many thanks 2K!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users