Mech To Pilot Value Calculator

17 replies to this topic

#1 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Hello everyone,

I have always wondered how good of a player I actually was in Mechwarrior based on the Mech I was piloting, and to always know which Mech portrayed my strengths on a moments notice when I have to pick one quickly.

If some of you actually were wondering the same thing, by looking at your own statistical scores in your profile, then by all means I have a shorter, more concise alternative to work with to gauge ones talent from a sample size of 60 minutes of in-game gameplay.

This is very handy if you want to compare how you score with all of your Mechs separately in your garage to give them their own rating.

Every battle that you are in consists of four elements. The four elements are Kills, Assists (located on the Mission Summary Screen), Damage, and Time listed as ‘Battle Time’ on the Mission Summary Screen or ‘Time in Battle’ on the ‘You have been destroyed’ screen.

Below is the link to download the program I made from my Skydrive Onedrive.

http://sdrv.ms/HB3C6E

http://tinyurl.com/MPVCalculator

Take care everyone and be safe this holiday season and enjoy the program. Posted Image

P.S. and TAKE NOTICE AND READ:

I should also mention that I requested permission to post my own personal program that I made, and then posted it in the forums after it was officially approved and checked by staff. I believe Ricky Cheung was the one who eventually gave me the final okay in a message after it was tested. So please ASK before you post a program and make sure you send it in to be recognized as approved to be posted. So to sum it up, this program is unofficially written in nature, by myself, but officially approved to be put in the official Mechwarrior forums. They only tested the program and did not contribute to the creation of the coding.

Edited by m, 08 May 2016 - 06:37 PM.

#2 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

Nice job!

Got 3.05 on my 1st mech I tried. Figured Id try it on my mid performing mech 1st.

Edited by Dozier, 08 November 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#3 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

repost this. BS it was moved here.

#4 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

Why was it moved here? I made sure I received permission to post my design, equation, and application.

This isn't right at all. The program is all about 'Balance'.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

This is a place for user-created content, and your program is user-created. It might be about balance, but the user-created part overrides that. They can move it wherever they deem necessary.

The Game Balance forum is about balance issues within the game, not about player-to-'Mech balance.

Link the thread in your signature or something, so you get more hits.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 08 November 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#6 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostDozier, on 08 November 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

Nice job!

Got 3.05 on my 1st mech I tried. Figured Id try it on my mid performing mech 1st.

Thank you.

Make sure you calculate whichever comes first. Either 60 minutes or 10 matches for it to work properly and make sure you get your scores from the appropriate places at the right times...and don't pick and choose matches...they need to be in order.

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 08 November 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

This is a place for user-created content, and your program is user-created. It might be about balance, but the user-created part overrides that. They can move it wherever they deem necessary, even if you had permission.

Link the thread in your signature or something, so you get more hits.

This is the first time I went to this part of the forums to be honest. I actually looked for an appropriate place...never knew it existed.

Well it's not really about hits it's about helping people out. I see plenty of matches where teams get destroyed in the first few minutes. This should help prevent that problem if you are going against pre-made team based groups and you are going solo.

It's now in my signature.

Edited by m, 08 November 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#7 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

How did you decide on the formula to use? Kills^3 + assists^2? It seems to strongly favor killing blows as opposed to other metrics.

#8 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostHeffay, on 08 November 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

How did you decide on the formula to use? Kills^3 + assists^2? It seems to strongly favor killing blows as opposed to other metrics.

The variable ‘K’ or Kills is cubed because it carries a more final value or rank than that of ‘A’, or Assists, which I had chosen to square. A 'Kill' weakens a team and shortens gameplay strongly which affects the 'Time' variable, and 'Assists' merely assists and lowers time based on a 'Kill'. That is how I decided to nominate power as rank.

Edited by m, 08 November 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#9 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

I didn't notice to stop at 60 mins. However they were all fairly short matches (5-6 mins). The last match "if any" may have pushed it over the 60 min. I do recall the 9th to 10th was only about .10-.20 change though.. Did go 10 matches in a row though (luck was with me not having 2 bad Terra fights).

#10 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostDozier, on 08 November 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

I didn't notice to stop at 60 mins. However they were all fairly short matches (5-6 mins). The last match "if any" may have pushed it over the 60 min. I do recall the 9th to 10th was only about .10-.20 change though.. Did go 10 matches in a row though (luck was with me not having 2 bad Terra fights).

Just get as close as you can to 10 matches in a row or 60 minutes at a maximum and use the same mech. If you go over 60 minutes it's completely okay, but going under time on purpose with less than 10 matches will sway your score positively, which is incorrect.

If my maximum time after 10 matches is 59 minutes than so be it. If my time is 61 minutes after 9 matches I would personally choose to use that sample size as my final calculation, because playing any further can seriously lessen the final calculation, which would be inaccurate.

Remember, you can technically perform 4 matches (at 15 minutes in length each) in 1 hour and that is less than 10 matches but is equal to 60 minutes.

Edited by m, 09 November 2013 - 05:23 AM.

#11 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

What do we do with this score once we get it? Is there a way to compare yourself against others?

#12 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostHeffay, on 12 November 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

What do we do with this score once we get it? Is there a way to compare yourself against others?

I've always seen it as more of a self-improvement type of value to help people try to become better at playing this game with a mech they really wanted to play with. But you can always compare it to other people in this thread if you like, or even put it in your signature. Just imagine telling people you have an Atlas solo-rated @ MPV-2.95 in your garage. That can invite serious competition when they start implementing bounties on players later on.

#13 Maerawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 114 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

now the time, is that a total on one hour, IE start at 3:00 and get as many matchs in by 4:00 and record the time until death/end of match (which ever occurs first)?

Or is it a total of play time, IE play until you reach 10 matches, or total time of play (from start of match until dead/match ends if still alive) reaches 60 minutes?

cause i did one today where in an hour from 10:25am until 11:25 am, i played 6 matches, total time piloting during the matches was 41 minutes and 15 second... should i have continued until that 41 minutes was 60 minutes or the total matches was 10 which ever came first?

BTW it was in BLR-1D, and the MPV was 1.551 not sure if thats good or bad comparatively...

Edited by Maerawn, 21 November 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#14 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostMaerawn, on 21 November 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

now the time, is that a total on one hour, IE start at 3:00 and get as many matchs in by 4:00 and record the time until death/end of match (which ever occurs first)?

Or is it a total of play time, IE play until you reach 10 matches, or total time of play (from start of match until dead/match ends if still alive) reaches 60 minutes?

cause i did one today where in an hour from 10:25am until 11:25 am, i played 6 matches, total time piloting during the matches was 41 minutes and 15 second... should i have continued until that 41 minutes was 60 minutes or the total matches was 10 which ever came first?

BTW it was in BLR-1D, and the MPV was 1.551 not sure if thats good or bad comparatively...

When you play the game, use the Time the game gives you in-game and do not use your own clock at home. I am sure it's accurate, but the timer in the game is what the program is made for. When the time, along with the other values from the game, are collected in the program, as you progress you can click the calculate button. It won't miscalculate. This will allow you to see whether the Time listed in the Total section is above 1 hour (3600).

You want to be above 1 hour if you are below 10 matches. If you reach above 1 hour in Total before 10 matches, then by all means STOP. But if you reach, for example, 56 minutes (3360) at the 10th Match, then the value calculated is your value for that mech for that session. If you reach 63 minutes (3780) at, lets say the 7th match, then that session is also completed and you should press calculate for your final MPV.

The two places you can get your official time to input in the program from a match is on the Mission Summary screen (‘Battle Time’) at the end of every match, or on the‘You Have Been Destroyed’ screen (‘Time in Battle’) which shows up after you have been destroyed.

As for the other scores, like Kills, Assists, and Damage, always retrieve them from the Mission Summary screen if you received the ‘You Have Been Destroyed’ screen previously in that match. I have seen much higher scores on the Mission Summary screens, which benefit your MPV, than on the ‘You Have Been Destroyed’ screen. But keep in mind, if you received the ‘You Have Been Destroyed’ screen previously in that match, the Time is the only thing you take from it, and that's it.

I hope this helps.

#15 Maerawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 114 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Yes that clarified things, so if i survive the match use the Battle time, and if i die use the Time in battle from the You have been destroyed screen until the total piloting time is 60 minutes... which could potentially take 3 elapsed hours depending on if the match actually all take 15 minutes to complete... and yes the number from the mission summary can be higher cause assists are only calculated off opponent deaths so if you damage a mech that dies after you do it doesnt appear on the assist in the destroyed screen but will show on the summary screen.

#16 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostMaerawn, on 21 November 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Yes that clarified things, so if i survive the match use the Battle time, and if i die use the Time in battle from the You have been destroyed screen until the total piloting time is 60 minutes... which could potentially take 3 elapsed hours depending on if the match actually all take 15 minutes to complete... and yes the number from the mission summary can be higher cause assists are only calculated off opponent deaths so if you damage a mech that dies after you do it doesnt appear on the assist in the destroyed screen but will show on the summary screen.

Yup that's right ;). But make sure you input all the matches in a row and not to leave any out, even if you get destroyed quickly, because in a way those can eventually balance out the long matches that have a lot of Kills and Assists.

#17 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostMaerawn, on 21 November 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

which could potentially take 3 elapsed hours depending on if the match actually all take 15 minutes to complete...

Actually no. Like I mentioned earlier, you play until you reach 1 hour or 10 matches. If you choose to play for 3 hours to get your value then you are still doing it wrong.

Edited by m, 22 November 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#18 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:56 AM

Hello again everyone.

I received an email recently from someone in the community. Just a word of advice for people in the future, try to remember to leave your Pilot Name in the email. Really wouldn't mind playing with people who enjoy my software (Said he scored an MPV of 4.18 in his test with a Hunchback in Standard play...way to go).

The main question of his email was this:

Is your equation and application compatible with Community Warfare?

I replied as such, which I think everyone should read:

At the time I designed my application, Community Warfare wasn't even formally released as a Beta yet. So no, my application wasn't formally designed directly for it. In a way, my application can be scaled toward the current Community Warfare Beta release though, which I have tested tiringly, and successfully.

My equation, design, and application was created for use at the time for Standard Play to determine your MPV per Mech. If you perform 4 separate MPV mech relationship tests, which would be 40 matches (1 test = 10 matches, per Mech --- I suggest not doing this in one sitting for all the mechs --- 1 sitting in Standard play per test, and the Mech should not be adjusted in the Mechbay --- Do each Mech test on different days in Standard play for accurate results), you would in essence create a load-out for Community Warfare Beta successfully.

Do keep what I am going to say next in mind;

I have tested 10 full matches of Community Warfare in one sitting with the same 4 Mechs, with the same drop sequence (for an accurate test), with no adjustments whatsoever to loadout, etc. It is very tiring, exhausting, and unhealthy to do 10 Matches of Community Warfare in 1 day consistently, and it can show toward the end of the test. I do not recommend it even though it is very accurate. I really don't. The choice between Attacking, Defending, and Counter Attacking does not matter, as the only thing that matters is obviously how well a person performs within the test.

Also, I have calculated out an accurate, and very specific 'Standard' for Community Warfare Beta. This accurate test would require up to a possible maximum of 5 hours of gameplay time, not including any wait times. It is very unhealthy to perform this test. I will repeat that - - - IT IS VERY UNHEALTHY TO PERFORM THE ACCURATE COMMUNITY WARFARE TEST THAT I DESCRIBED WHICH CAN LAST UPWARDS TO 5 HOURS, AND BEYOND, IN ONE TEST, AND QUITE POSSIBLY EVEN DELAYED DUE TO CEASEFIRE- - - The only reason I had was because of obligation. I recommend you not to.

In the current Attack, Defend, and Counter-Attack phases within Community Warfare Beta, a very Time effective pilot would, in 5 hours, attain 40 Kills, 80 Assists, and 18000 Damage with an MPV totaling 4.9111. Performing above this MPV is above standard for Community Warfare.

So in other words, per Community Warfare Match, in Attack, Defend, or Counter-Attack, if you consistently score above 4 Kills, 8 Assists, and 1800 Damage collectively, you technically perform above standard, and your Community Warfare mech choices are good for yourself and your gameplay with it. But keep in mind they might not be good for someone else, which is the point of the MPV relationship, or Mech-to-Pilot Value. It determines what is essentially good for you. If consistently you score below collectively in a match then consider changing the mech sequence and/or your mechs entirely. One mech, just like an apple, can spoil the bunch, which is why I always suggest performing independent MPV tests with mechs.

Thanks again everyone for the friendly emails on how much my equation/application/design has helped you.

Take care....and please don't attempt to test your MPV for Attack, Defend, and Counter-Attack within Community Warfare. I know it's tempting but just don't do it. Sitting for 5+ hours constantly isn't healthy and I do not recommend it. Just use it for Standard gameplay to test individual mechs. It's healthier.

Edited by m, 22 April 2015 - 02:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users