It's Coming! The Kgc-000 Is Soon To Be A Reality!

3D

29 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

My pal and 3D renderer extraordinaire just got THESE in the mail.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Anyone want to hazard a guess to which they lead?
Posted Image

Posted Image

It's coming. Soon. To an online store near you.

#2 Valcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Lookin sweeet!

Awesomest feeling when it assembles correctly, and it's looking like it does! ;) great work!

#3 kiriage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Mostly it went together pretty much as I had hoped, The pin on the elbow joint was a little tight, so that will get some readjustment. On the plus side the other connectors went together really well. I'm going to adjust (enlarge) some of the connectors for the add on parts a little, and then the whole thing should assemble without glue. I allready have much of the rest of the model done apart from the connectors which I was waiting for this piece to see how they went so hopefully turn around for the rest wont take too long. Valcrow, I'm assuming the banding on the forearm area is from the print resolution along that axis..could you confirm if this is likely the case, and whether reorientating the part on the sprue would fix this a little? Thanks for all your assistance to date, its been immeasurably helpful to me!

Edited by kiriage, 08 November 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#4 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

is it TT scale or bigger?

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

View Postkiriage, on 08 November 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Mostly it went together pretty much as I had hoped, The pin on the elbow joint was a little tight, so that will get some readjustment. On the plus side the other connectors went together really well. I'm going to adjust (enlarge) some of the connectors for the add on parts a little, and then the whole thing should assemble without glue. I allready have much of the rest of the model done apart from the connectors which I was waiting for this piece to see how they went so hopefully turn around for the rest wont take too long. Valcrow, I'm assuming the banding on the forearm area is from the print resolution along that axis..could you confirm if this is likely the case, and whether reorientating the part on the sprue would fix this a little? Thanks for all your assistance to date, its been immeasurably helpful to me!

Although I gotta admit, it actually looks kinda cool on the arm banding. Like reactive tiles.

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 08 November 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

is it TT scale or bigger?

It's 1/100th scale, approximately. Hopefully it will look correct playing with Valcrow's Atlas!

#6 Valcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

View Postkiriage, on 08 November 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Oh I thought that was detail you put in there by purpose. Looks like Armour ribbing or something.

They have high-end printers over there, the finish should be smooth. What I speculate it might is that surface is angled ever so slightly maybe even less than a degree. If that's the case, when the slicer generates the machine code, and makes horizontal slices of your mesh you get visual stepping equal to the amount of Y stepping.

Check your model file, see if that surface is completely parallel to the ground plane.

If that problem persists, you can always rotate that part 45 degrees, it'll guarantee that those steps won't happen.

#7 Mr Blonde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

Why must you tease? I saw the title of this thread and thought MWO was putting my beloved King Crab in the game. Damn.

#8 kiriage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

yes that is correct there is a slight angle on the surface, thanks for clearing that up and fr the rapid reply. I actually do kinda like the look of it anyway so it wasnt a concern visually, I just like to know why, so that if I want to avoid it I know what it is Im avoiding. Having an actual printed piece in my hand now has enabled me to get a much clearer picture on what I can and cant achieve detail wise, bit addictive doing this stuff despite the time taken, and yeah was a nice feeling when it went together. Looking forward to seeing it lined up beside your Atlas in the not too distant future.

#9 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

That is so cool!

#10 kiriage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostMr Blonde, on 08 November 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

Why must you tease? I saw the title of this thread and thought MWO was putting my beloved King Crab in the game. Damn.

Well you know..this is kinda like the next best thing :) and Bishops design is pretty sweet.

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postkiriage, on 08 November 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

Well you know..this is kinda like the next best thing :) and Bishops design is pretty sweet.

yeah, cuz you did NONE of the heavy lifting or anything, lol. Geez, I did a doodle, you made it into Mech-Zilla!

But I am so proud to see one of my babies come to life!

#12 Tirick Fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 172 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

:P Stunning, simply stunning! You simply must do your Urbie like this.

Edited by Tirick Fire, 11 November 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostTirick Fire, on 11 November 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

:P Stunning, simply stunning! You simply must do your Urbie like this.

Urbie could prove tricky. I am hoping to do it with through the grace of Kiriage, but it is not one I think is distinct enough not to get into legal issues with. I am actually thinking about seeing what Kiriage thinks about my wolf ...er.... Pharaoh Hound chassis next.

#14 antoha proud

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUkraine. Kyiv

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Oh God ! 3 - d King Crab. Unbelievable!

Edited by antoha proud, 12 November 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#15 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

I can't wait to see this beauty when its done. I'm sure you are really happy to have one of your designs produced in 3D.

#16 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostTirick Fire, on 11 November 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

;) Stunning, simply stunning! You simply must do your Urbie like this.

yes, would love to see urbie!

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 13 November 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

I can't wait to see this beauty when its done. I'm sure you are really happy to have one of your designs produced in 3D.

beyond happy.

More important though, is I seem to have found a work partner that I can really work with. Many times, artistic types have issues with differences in vision. Kiriage has been amazing, and as I said, has honestly done the real heavy lifting. If he was a woman in Mexico, I would probably have to marry him. Fortunately, for both of us, he is not, so it can remain a purely plutonic, but really good work environment! =P

#18 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 November 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

beyond happy.

More important though, is I seem to have found a work partner that I can really work with. Many times, artistic types have issues with differences in vision. Kiriage has been amazing, and as I said, has honestly done the real heavy lifting. If he was a woman in Mexico, I would probably have to marry him. Fortunately, for both of us, he is not, so it can remain a purely plutonic, but really good work environment! =P

Make my Marauder love child please LOL
Or put me in touch with Kiriage and I'll have him make it. :-)
Posted Image

Edited by maxoconnor, 13 November 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#19 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 13 November 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Make my Marauder love child please LOL
Or put me in touch with Kiriage and I'll have him make it. :-)
Posted Image

I could ask...but I would beg him to "butcher" it slightly..... make those forearms bigger and kick the AC over the right shoulder.....

#20 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

So what going on with this? Any news?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users