[Poll] Which Battlemech Would You Like To See Introduced Into Mwo Next?

35 replies to this topic

Poll: Which of the following Battlemechs would you like to see next? (147 member(s) have cast votes)

Out of the following choices (chosen from canon, non-Unseen, pre-3050 options), which of these mechs would you like to see added to this game next?

1. MAL-1R Mauler (produced in 3048, 90 tons, 2x E, 2x M, 4x B, 1x AMS hardpoints) (70 votes [47.62%])

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

2. CES-3R Caesar (produced in 3049, 70 tons, 5x E, 1x B, 1x AMS hardpoints) (15 votes [10.20%])

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

3. ENF-5D Enforcer (produced in 3050, 50 tons, 2x E, 1x B, 5x JJ, 1x AMS hardpoints) (21 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. UM-R63 Urbanmech (produced in 3049, 30 tons, 2x E, 1x B, 2x JJ, 1x AMS hardpoints) (41 votes [27.89%])

Percentage of vote: 27.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ToxinTractor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

In the urbanmech we must trust!

#22 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

Rakshasa.

#23 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Mauler is one of my favorite looking mechs. Even if it probably have easier to hit side torso than a Jager or Awesome or anything really, I still want one.

Edited by Funky Bacon, 07 December 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#24 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostCthulu Jr, on 21 November 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

I'm well aware that you already have a list. However, I took your list and am trying to narrow it down to options that a lot of people have requested (either by name or by loadout), options that fill niches that aren't filled yet, and/or options that, once again, fit both canon and Unseen requirements.

Your list is a useful reference, but completely useless for what I am trying to accomplish, especially since all the mechs I've listed have at least one variant from before 3050, and at least two variants in or around 3050.

From the 4 on your list, the Mauler would pretty much kill this game because of how powerful having 4 ballistics on an assault would be. The Caesar is pretty much a Cataphract. The Enforcer can be filled by a Shadowhawk. The Urbanmech can be filled by a Raven 4X. So none of those really have the niche you are talking about.

So if I had to pick, it would be the Urbanmech !!!!

#25 Unrelenting Farce

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

These mechs, while cool (had to look up Enforcer), can be built with other mechs. Caesar, CTF, as best example.

While I love the Mauler, I think I would cry if they introduced it with the weapons in their current state.

Because of both of these points, we can't and don't need a number of really cool mechs (redundancy or terrifying ;)).

#26 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

I would vote for the Banshee Zeus or Cyclops, but its not on your choices, Panther also

so had to go with the Urban mech

#27 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

I wouldn't see the mauler as being THAT big of a deal with its 4 balistic hardpoints.

They are both in the side torso slots, which means that you won't be able to stick in an XL engine if you want a daul 20 setup, and even if you wanted to do a quad UAC 5 setup, you wouldn't be able to take an XL engine to support the massive weight you need to invest in the cannons themselves.

This in addition to the mech being built like a barn would be enough to see it mitigated a bit. While 4 ballistic hard points would be rough, its hardly as bad as people seem to think it would be.

#28 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

King Crab

Posted Image

#29 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

* MAL-1R seams great, but is the only variant that can be included atm and i don't pilot Assaults so NO
* CES-3D was one of my favourite childhood mechs, unfortunately also only one variant available atm. So YES for the lack of better options

* ENF-4R / ENF-5D Won't add much to the 50/55 medium segment. Unfortunately there only exist 2 variants for this mech so also NO
* UrbanMech... people, seriously i don't get it. What is it with this mech that so many ppl seam to like. Include this in the game and we have the single most ridiculous mech of the game that noone wants to have in his team. There are so many light mechs out there still not included and all we want is this oversized dust bin? Give me a Stinger/Valkyrie/Wolfhound/Wasp but not an UrbanMech. All of them Reseen with the TR: Project Phoenix (
http://www.sarna.net...Project_Phoenix). Same as the Warhammer and Marauder so there is no good excuse for not including them... And why did we get 3x55ton Mechs in the MWO Project Phoenix anyway and none of the Heavies... I'm losing focus... So Urbi: HELL NO!

#30 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'm going to include this right off the bat: At this moment, we have preorders for whole slews of 'mechs coming in. Even mechs six months down the line. I'd far rather see stuff like new chassis and hero mechs grind to a halt for a few months so that the dev team can give 100% to Community Warfare, sparing only programmers and artists who will not have any hand in the project.

Now... if I HAD to choose...

Hmm... I know that the Mauler is said to be potentially gamebreaking as it could be used as an AC20 boat or UAC5 boat, but I see it more as the best option for a Draconis Combine assault mech. The Atlas is available in most places but is most of all a Steiner machine, the Victor is a clear-cut Davion ride, The Stalker and Awesome are Free Worlds' designs, The Highlander is a bit undefined due to being SL tech but I'd place it as either a Davion machine or a Liao machine (Due to heavy use by the Northwind Highlanders), but there's still no clear-cut Kurita machine.

Chargers or Hatamotos are also acceptable alternatives.

In all honesty, though, I'd love to get my lights back on, and while I know I've got lots of choice between the Spider, Jenner and the everybody-has-it Locust, if I could see a Panther, I'd be as happy as a pig in mud. The appearance of a Mongoose would be pretty swell, as well. I'd like to see a Javelin make the cut, if possible, since the Davions don't really have a trademark light yet in the game.

Honorable mentions to the Enforcer, though. That machine is a sturdy Davion staple that hasn't been included in a Mechwarrior game since MW2 mercs, if even that (The only one I know for sure it was in is Crescent Hawks Revenge)

I'd like to point out the Grasshopper as another 'mech I'd like to see included. It's a great little machine.

Edited by ice trey, 14 December 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#31 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

Problem is that content does not equal features as far as production work is concerned.

Most mechs, maps, vanity items only need designers and artists to produce content for them, as they are already building on code that has already been made.

CW, UI 2.0, and new "FEATURES" needs Developer support. its not like you can take an artist off of content creation and tell him to code feature sets.

I'm personally curious to see what their feature set production is like once they get the "UI 2.0" monkey off their backs. Having just have one of my own games go through a UI overhaul, I have no doubt that this took an insane amount of time and effort to execute on. I'll be curious to see what their feature turn around time is really going to be once UI 2.0 is implemented. (As more then likely, there was a huge amount of back end work that went into it as well.)

#32 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Zeus.

By the way, if they ever do the Mauler it will have Missiles on one side and Ballistics on the other. 2xAC20 on an Assault is game-breaking at the moment. Why the mechs are so weak to damage, I don't know, but that's the way PGI made it.

#33 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostCSR Moses Lanknau, on 23 November 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

well this game is again an heavy-assault rulz game, just like mw4(our fathers mechwarrior), thx to the promised but somehow just non existent cone of fire ... so divide the the assaut ant heavy options by 5 to get a result that dont take the games obvious shortcommings into account!

LOL yeah right. I would much rather face an assault than a light. You can take an Atlas with a Jenner 1v1 in this game.

Learn how to spread damage and you won't beg for a CoF anymore.

Sorry, I just had to respond to the wrong that was your post.

View PostLightfoot, on 05 January 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Zeus.

By the way, if they ever do the Mauler it will have Missiles on one side and Ballistics on the other. 2xAC20 on an Assault is game-breaking at the moment. Why the mechs are so weak to damage, I don't know, but that's the way PGI made it.

They won't break its build like that. Why is 2xAC20 on an Assault game-breaking? A slow moving assault with AC20s? sounds pretty easy to stay 600 m away from...

#34 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

The mechs are not weak to damage... They are actually twice as strong as they should be. The problem is with the players, who think that for some reason they have an entitlement to not die in 1 hit because there is no respawn. I blame Obama and his free phone BS. Actually, an AC20 (just 1) should be able to headshot any mech. The jenner should be locust strength, and the locust should be half that.

Cone of fire is a terrible idea only advocated by scrubs, who want to bring others down to their level of scrubness.

2x ac20 is not going a problem, since this mech is going to have abount the same hitboxes as the awesome, with additional side torso sticking up on each side (bye bye ac20).

Sure, it willt will have a beast alpha, but it can be balanced in the same way as the dire wolf - big hit boxes and low mobility. I won't be expecting this thing to have the best torso twist either.

#35 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

All four options are terrible.

Here are the IS mechs we need (and I want):

1 - Javelin*
2 - Mongoose*
3 - Crab