61 replies to this topic

#1 WandiXXL

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 38 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

I read the word BALANCE in the board title. What balance?

Weapons:

Atm Ballistics and Missiles are overpowered, especially SMALL Ballistics. Not even talking about the Gauss-Rifle.

Small Autocannons (5/2) should have a minimal range , for short Range you have AC 10 or 20, But a 4 x AC5 Mech is more effective than a single AC 20 Mech.

Energy-based Mechs are the stepchild atm, because heatmanagement is a mess, You do more damage with a Small AC mech , and you are more heat efficient, as DOUBLE HEAT-SInks only do 1,4 heat.

If you don't have an AMS OR the invisiblemaking ECM ... LRMs literally kill you before you see the opp mech. They are Killers while fired indirectly. Although indirect fire should be harder, it is easier in MWO.

oh and that firing beyond range thing is funny two ..LRMs/SRMs explode at their max range... but you can sniper with ac20s???

#2 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

No.

#3 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'm sorry but I don't think the answer is to nerf ACs. The only reason why AC5/2s are overpowered right now is because they nerfed everything else to oblivion. Energy weapons have high heat + ghost heat, gauss rifle got the useless charge mechanic that only hurts role specific mechs (AS7-K) and not poptarts (the intended nerfee). I will agree LRM max range is dumb: if they run out of fuel they should still fall to the ground accordingly and explode there, not in midair, however I would not agree that they are overpowered right now, AMS and ECM are everywhere. I do however agree that LRMs should not be fireable on targets not in visual line of sight of the mech firing the missiles as in past games firing on shared targeting information has always required a C3 slave and master equipment, without said equipment, mechs should not be able to share targeting information. Also I do believe in past games LRMs will track to the target always as long as you had lock when you fired them, instead of losing lock and track mid-flight.

Heres what I think PGI should do regarding LRMs:
1. get rid of target sharing unless you have a C3 slave equiped and then you get targeting info from mechs that have a C3 master equiped.
2. allow missiles to track to target as long as a lock was on the target when the missiles were fired, no losing lock and track mid-flight
3. remove minimum range from LRMs and allow them to fly straight when dumbfired

#4 Clit Beastwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostSiliconLife, on 25 November 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm sorry but I don't think the answer is to nerf ACs. The only reason why AC5/2s are overpowered right now is because they nerfed everything else to oblivion. Energy weapons have high heat + ghost heat, gauss rifle got the useless charge mechanic that only hurts role specific mechs (AS7-K) and not poptarts (the intended nerfee). I will agree LRM max range is dumb: if they run out of fuel they should still fall to the ground accordingly and explode there, not in midair, however I would not agree that they are overpowered right now, AMS and ECM are everywhere. I do however agree that LRMs should not be fireable on targets not in visual line of sight of the mech firing the missiles as in past games firing on shared targeting information has always required a C3 slave and master equipment, without said equipment, mechs should not be able to share targeting information. Also I do believe in past games LRMs will track to the target always as long as you had lock when you fired them, instead of losing lock and track mid-flight.

Heres what I think PGI should do regarding LRMs:
1. get rid of target sharing unless you have a C3 slave equiped and then you get targeting info from mechs that have a C3 master equiped.
2. allow missiles to track to target as long as a lock was on the target when the missiles were fired, no losing lock and track mid-flight
3. remove minimum range from LRMs and allow them to fly straight when dumbfired

And when LRMS reach their range limit they should run out of fuel and fall to the ground... exploding! This would be really fun if you had an enemy at 1100 meters, you could possibly still bombard them, but unguided ;)

#5 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostWandiXXL, on 25 November 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

and Missiles are overpowered,

Anddddddd that's where you lost any credibility.

#6 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 25 November 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Anddddddd that's where you lost any credibility.

no hes right, they are op. if u stand in the open and stare at them as they hit u. they do a {Scrap} ton of dam then. just to most humans who see them move and they get nerfed.

#7 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'm glad someone finally got the nerve to post about this ;)

#8 Charons Little Helper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

...a 4 x AC5 Mech is more effective than a single AC 20 Mech.

I would certainly hope so. 4xAC5 weigh 32 tons versus an AC20 weighing 14 tons. (not even to mention slots & hardpoints)

Edited by Charons Little Helper, 25 November 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#9 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

There are definitely some balancing issues left to resolve in this game, but the creator of this thread hasn't addressed any of the actual issues.

#10 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

someone should take away the nerf hammer from PGI before they break all the weapons!

#11 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

the quality of posts these days...

I read the word BALANCE in the board title. What balance?

Weapons:

Atm Ballistics and Missiles are overpowered, especially SMALL Ballistics. Not even talking about the Gauss-Rifle.

Small Autocannons (5/2) should have a minimal range , for short Range you have AC 10 or 20, But a 4 x AC5 Mech is more effective than a single AC 20 Mech.

Energy-based Mechs are the stepchild atm, because heatmanagement is a mess, You do more damage with a Small AC mech , and you are more heat efficient, as DOUBLE HEAT-SInks only do 1,4 heat.

If you don't have an AMS OR the invisiblemaking ECM ... LRMs literally kill you before you see the opp mech. They are Killers while fired indirectly. Although indirect fire should be harder, it is easier in MWO.

oh and that firing beyond range thing is funny two ..LRMs/SRMs explode at their max range... but you can sniper with ac20s???

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

"for short Range you have AC 10..."

yeah... 450 meters effective range is short range.

#13 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts
  • Locationsydney australia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

i think its funny how nubs that have been playing for 5 weeks think they know all the answers on how to fix this game!!!!

#14 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

we dont need no stinking balance we be mech warriors.

Nope they aints gots a clue.

View Postakpavker, on 25 November 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

i think its funny how nubs that have been playing for 5 weeks think they know all the answers on how to fix this game!!!!

To be fair they probably do.
Understand where a fresh pair of eyes saying comes in?
Look at me New player dumped a bit o cash and quit. I am 1 person they want to keep around because I wont hesitate to spend money and reward devs for doing things right.
But you dont want my opinion I get it you want this game to sink like a lead weight. No problemo - it is on its way to the bottom fast.

#15 Vultura

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFreiburg, Germany

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

Dont forget, you was a noob too -.- Be nice to newbis! His right to open this topic.

#16 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

I could easily call you a noob since I've been here longer. New or old doesn't invalidate an opinion.

#17 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostSandpit, on 25 November 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

I could easily call you a noob since I've been here longer. New or old doesn't invalidate an opinion.

er 6500 drops and 60+ leveled mech on my account i think this puts a massive gap between me and him. to be honest i don't really care if you call/think i am a noob. and im not saying he cant have an opinion.

View PostVultura, on 25 November 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Dont forget, you was a noob too -.- Be nice to newbis! His right to open this topic.

he has the right to do and say what ever he likes but a new player calling for multiple nerfs after 4-5 weeks of gaming is laughable. its not my fault he is standing still in the middle of the battle field not taking cover and getting owned buy these weapons. i could've run with the old L2P rant so i guess you could say i was being nice.

View PostBlurry, on 25 November 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

we dont need no stinking balance we be mech warriors.

Nope they aints gots a clue.

To be fair they probably do.
Understand where a fresh pair of eyes saying comes in?
Look at me New player dumped a bit o cash and quit. I am 1 person they want to keep around because I wont hesitate to spend money and reward devs for doing things right.
But you dont want my opinion I get it you want this game to sink like a lead weight. No problemo - it is on its way to the bottom fast.

i don't want the game to sink at all but at the same time im sick of nubs that have been playing for 5 minutes dieing and coming to the forums complaining about the first weapons that kills them. sorry but a dumb idea is a dumb idea, idc if you have been playing for 2 years or 2 weeks and i have no problem pointing that out. i mean honestly.......

Weapons:

ballistics are over powered and he isn't even talking about the gauss??? is he saying the gauss is actually useful?? last time i checked its a steaming pile of **** that is worthless. it has a 1 second charge up time and a 4 second cool down thats 1 shot ever 5 seconds if you get a target to shot in the .75 second window you have to fire it. really were going to compare them.....there is no comparison!

here we talk about AC's having a minimum range........???really???
since when has a ac 10 been considered as a short range weapon.......450 range 1350 max its still more then useable at 800 meters that's not really short ranged.
and as fare as the 4 ac 5 mech being more effective then a ac20 that maybe not to fare off correct but for a load out like that you are limited......

1. your going to have a XL engine thus leaving you easy to kill
2. your guna need lots of ammo which isn't easy to fit in with 4 AC5's
3. your slow and can be a easy target

seen a 4 ac jager yesterday he moved at 43 kph top speed

Energy-based Mechs are the stepchild atm, because heatmanagement is a mess, You do more damage with a Small AC mech, and you are more heat efficient, as DOUBLE HEAT-SInks only do 1,4 heat.

this i would say he is right about how ever lasers should be buffed instead of nerfing ballistics. possibly even removing ghostheat would be a good idea. at least lift the LL heat penalty limit to 3 even better 4.

this once again leaves me thinking that he is running around in the middle of the paddock getting owned like new players do.LRM's are possibly in the best place for balance that they have ever been. if your dumb enough to stand out in the open they will kill you. if you cant lose lock from missiles being fired from 600-800 meters away you need to learn how to use cover better or kill the light that is spotting.

AC20 have a range of 270 with a max 810 range. at 780 meters they are likely to hit you for 2 or 3 points of damage so sorry they are not really a sniper weapon!

Edited by akpavker, 25 November 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#18 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

View Postakpavker, on 25 November 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

snip for length

All I'm saying is pointing out someone is new to the game is unneeded. Good idea is good idea. Bad idea is bad idea. Length of time in the community has no impact on that.

#19 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostSandpit, on 25 November 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

All I'm saying is pointing out someone is new to the game is unneeded. Good idea is good idea. Bad idea is bad idea. Length of time in the community has no impact on that.

sorry but it does have an impact because this guy at a guess is doing the same thing i did when i started playing the game. he is running around with no idea what he is doing and getting killed due to lack of experience. the only difference between me and him as new players is that i didn't go running to the forums screaming for nerfs when i died.

#20 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

View Postakpavker, on 25 November 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

sorry but it does have an impact because this guy at a guess is doing the same thing i did when i started playing the game. he is running around with no idea what he is doing and getting killed due to lack of experience. the only difference between me and him as new players is that i didn't go running to the forums screaming for nerfs when i died.

you're making an assumption though. It just leads people to dismiss other points. Even when I was a noob in MWO I wasn't a typical noob. I understood Btech, the universe, weapons, mechs, movements, strategies, etc. so that would have been completely irrelevant even when I was a "noob". I was just trying to show that calling someone's opinion out based on the fact that they're a new player is no different than making other blanket stereotypical statements such as

Lasers are useless
AC are OP
PGI is trolling the players for a cash grab and want the game to fail

It just tales away from good points you make

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users