Crystal Waters Sale

66 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

Posted Image

Excerpt from the 3050 ComStar BattleMech Care Instructions: Section 32 –Storage during high precipitation

Always ensure your MechBay has proper drainage and is well-sealed. During long-term storage, drain coolant. For your safety, unload excess weaponry and components after all surfaces have dried. In cases where maintenance is required on wet components, use an environment suit equipped to handle extreme power shorting. Do not attempt to perform mechanical repairs when the BattleMech is submerged.

Check MechBay environmental settings and ensure that humidity-controls are set properly. Use a deployable dehumidifier if additional climate control is needed. If your BattleMech is equipped with an electrolysis unit, this may be a good chance to extract fuel if water is abundant. Remember! Always ensure that your engine’s fusion reaction chamber remains under vacuum; stray water will further exasperate oxidization!

Tip: Keep your BattleMech polished and shiny. __________ 

Put on your rubber boots and splash into battle with the Crystal Waters sale! While you're enjoying such beautiful cyan waters, paint your Mech with Standard and Premium Cyan colors for 50% off the regular MC price.

Try to keep your cockpit dry when you grab the Cataphract CTF-3D, Catapult CPLT-K2, and JagerMech JM6-DD at 30% off the regular MC Price! Surf those waves in style with a variety of patterns at 50% off the regular MC price!

Time

Friday Dec 6th 10am PST

TO

Tuesday Dec 10th 10am PST

What's on sale

Colours
  • Cyan Colors 50% off
    • Standard Cyan - (Pine, Zircon, Windover, Prussian, Alpine, Methane) 50% off  reg. 500 MC now 250 MC
    • Premium Cyan - (Skobeloff, Jungle, Grue, Sencha, Sininen, Viridian) 50% off  reg. 1000 MC now 500 MC

Pattern

• Phranken (all mechs) permanent pattern 50% off, reg 1250 MC, now 625 MC*
  • Buccaneer (all mechs) permanent pattern 50% off, reg 1250 MC, now 625 MC*
    • *Each purchase unlocks pattern for all 'Mechs within a Chassis type
  • Phranken black, Phranken red, Phranken yellow: 50% off, reg 1000 MC, now 500 MC
  • Buccaneer black, Buccaneer red, Buccaneer white: 50% off, reg 1000 MC, now 500 MC
  • Dazzle (all mechs) permanent pattern 50% off, reg 750 MC, now 375 MC*
  • Digital (all mechs) permanent pattern 50% off, reg 750 MC, now 375 MC*
  • Sherman (all mechs) permanent pattern 50% off, reg 750 MC, now 375 MC*
  • Virus (all mechs) permanent pattern 50% off, reg 750 MC, now 375 MC*

And three mechs (30% off)!

• CTF-3D, reg 3955 MC, now 2768 MC

• CPLT-K2, reg 2125 MC, now 1487 MC

• JM6-DD, reg 3410 MC, now 2387 MC

#2 Drakenn

• PipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

Phranken on sale, nice!

#3 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

not a bad sale, nothing there for me though *laffs*

now 50% off mech bays would have been luvly

#4 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

I always polish my little mech but it keeps going off - that is the truth honestly.

Please tighten the matchmaker in ton for teams.
reduce the grind
and give us solo q please.

Then I can put away my little mech and play with my big one.
And as a bonus you see more of $. Right now you see 0

Thank you!

You dont want my money?

Edited by Blurry, 06 December 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

Note sale doesn't begin for 15 mins after this post.

#6 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

Call me unimpressed. As usual with color / camo sales.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 December 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Patterns.
On sale.
For all mechs.

ZOMG! *Throws 17,000 MC at the screen.*

So many patterns collected!

#8 Little Details

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO, USA

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

I like that patterns are across the board and not just specific mechs :D This seems like a good non-special sale to me after the MC sale last weekend... quit complaining.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

(As it happens, heroes, patterns and colors are about all I buy. So this sort of sale makes me happy.)

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostLT Satisfactory, on 06 December 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

I like that patterns are across the board and not just specific mechs :D This seems like a good non-special sale to me after the MC sale last weekend... quit complaining.

You realize you still have to buy chassis-by-chassis, right, it's just that it's on sale for all chassis?

It's a good sale, but that would be beyond good.

Pity I already have the cyan I want (applejack). But can you have too many blues, really? :D

Edited by Terciel1976, 06 December 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#11 Vidarok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationVestibule of Creation

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Uh oh, we can't complain. That's like illegal, dude.

#12 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

GRUE is 1/2 off People... its the best color in the game... it will get people to look at your Mech in an entirely different way...

#13 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

Deleted, forget it.

Edited by Terciel1976, 06 December 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#14 Warlordblackwolf

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostLT Satisfactory, on 06 December 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

I think you may be confused, although it may be that I am reading your post incoreectly.

Although that would be a sensible and honest way to sell a digital repainting of mechs, that is not what is going on here.

The English being used is poor, partially because we do not live in the universe where this fiction exists. It should probably say:

Pattern (ANY Single Mech Chasis Type) permanent pattern 50% off, reg 1250 MC, now 625 MC

The current wording is missleading, which is why there is an * needed. It would be simpler if there was a single word to separate A Centurian from ALL Centurians.

I would much prefer if patterns worked like colors, where you buy it and thereafter have it available for you mechs. It feels like there would be less money made on each transaction, but significantly more transactions, which is far more important in a digital medium than a manufactured medium.

P.S.2.DEV - Colors, Paterns, Heros, and Mechbays are the kind of things I would like to be giving as gifts to friends during the holiday season. I know that you are missing out on money from my wallet due to a lack of easy gift interaction.

#15 Cryptic Gamer

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

It's kind of a big rip off if you ask me. Having to spend that amount of MC to buy a camo pattern unlock for that Chassis type. The Unlock should really "UNLOCK" so it can be used on all mechs. Not just that chassis. I just throw any spare MC I have at single use as it works out to be far better value for money. Really. Who is going to buy 8 or more of the same chassis in order to get the maximum value out of the Camo???? Sure as Schmit know I'm not. Even at the sale price it's it's still way overpriced.

#16 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

Some people like playing around with the different camo patterns.

Single use is good if you have one mech that you want to out fit a single way and then leave it alone for good, but some people want to just have the pattern unlocked so they can play around with multiple patterns however they like.

There is nothing wrong with its existence, or its price point as plenty of people including myself see value in unlocking the pattern for good rather then single using it.

It would be nice to get a global unlock, but that is just the buisness model for a freemium game. I remember when EVERYTHING was single use, and the backlash over that, so maybe if enough voices are raised regarding global unlocks for specific patterns, they might put it in as well. Just don't expect the price point to be that cheap.

#17 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

FRR colors ftw!

#18 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

I think you are really going to (irritate) that oxidation process ...

Can I suggest that you meant exacerbate?

Should I take a jab at PGI over proof-reading or testing? Nah ...

------------------------

ex·as·per·ate

verb: exasperate; 3rd person present: exasperates; past tense: exasperated; past participle: exasperated; gerund or present participle: exasperation1.

Edited by Mawai, 06 December 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#19 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

The clear-coat faded away on my Mech a long time ago... no need to polish anymore :D great sale btw, might need to add to my collection of paints :D Now... as for the patterns being available for all Mechs... this is posted like this because sometimes they do patterns for Mechs specific... this is available to all Mechs currently in-game... not, once you buy the pattern it's available for all Mechs LOL! :ph34r:

View PostTerciel1976, on 06 December 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Pity I already have the cyan I want (applejack). But can you have too many blues, really? :huh:

Never ^_^

Edited by Grendel408, 06 December 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#20 Tresch

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

I love the word exacerbate! it's fun to say, and I feel cool for pronouncing it correctly. Like asterisk! (as opposed to Asterix)

Exaaacerrrbate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users