Clan Collections - Feedback

7768 replies to this topic

#2961 Ferro Barba

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

ui2, cw, ... its too much
We need to start with something simple. What can be done in 2 minutes. Hmm.
FIX FLAMER

#2962 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Well I might have bought in....IF you would have did the tiering as Pick 1, Pick 2, Pick 3.....Pick 5, etc.

As is, the getting the 3-4 I want would require me to purchase the entire pack. (Warhawk, Summoner, Royken, Kit Fox).

However, yet again, you make it so I have to buy alot of mechs I don't want to get the ones I do. Maybe it is a smart marketing strategy because I know alot of people WILL spend the extra money to get the mechs they want, even if they get some they don't but on the other hand, how much money are you losing from people like me that would spend $$60-$90 to get the mechs they want but won't drop $240 for the entire collection so end up spending zero dollars.

Choice is always better, but that is my opinion.

#2963 DOMDOM

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

I love the silence while they try to figure out how to un-**** themselves.

#2964 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

View PostJohanssenJr, on 14 December 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

Loyalty points to a game mode that I doubt has even entered the pseudo code stages.

There is an irony that with PGI, Loyalty Points mean nothing.

#2965 DeathsStalker

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

should someone poke mack with a stick and have his mighty welsh accent argue for us in a 50 min rant? nah, im sure hes already started

#2966 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostMaxQuatro, on 14 December 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

MORE! MORE!!!
Posted Image

Shouldn't that be PWND

#2967 Sirgrant

• PipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSan DIego Area (Vista, CA)

I simply can not afford any more...

That is all.

#2968 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

View PostVictor Morson, on 14 December 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

There is an irony that with PGI, Loyalty Points mean nothing.

I haven't PGI hasn't earned a single loyalty point with my phoenix mechs yet...

edited...

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 14 December 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#2969 Tolkien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Remember - if you're like me and you're a legendary founder and an overlord package backer there is an important lesson in this:

We are to blame for not having Community Warfare or UI2.0 or any of the other features we really wanted in by now.

Why do I blame myself and fellow 'OverGolds'?

Because they told us in June 2012 that we would have all the features in game by open beta except community warfare, and that would follow within 90 days. (Link here)

We were gullible enough to believe them and give them $120 for a game sight unseen. From this they learned a $5 million lesson that Mechwarrior fans are gullible optimists that believe anything. Even after going to open beta with nothing in, people kept giving them money.

By 90 days after open beta they failed to deliver on CW, they failed to deliver on the 1:1 timeline, they failed to deliver on role warfare, they failed to deliver on pilot levels, they failed to deliver on skill trees, they failed to deliver on information warfare, they failed to deliver on UI2.0, they failed to deliver on DX11.

But then in March 2013 150 days after open beta they announced that community warfare would be released in 3 phases up until late summer. (video link here of Bryan saying it would be all 3 phases in up to launch/late summer.)

Up until June they still hadn't delivered anything from the list above, but hey they released phoenix and us overgolds bought it to reward their lack of progress. They told us it would come with a ~30% loyalty point boost and some medallions that would boost it a further 2%.

As of August they stabbed us in the back eyes over 3pv after having literally promised
Posted Image

We should have paid attention at that point because PGI had clearly declared that they were going to change their position no matter what they had outright promised in the past if it suited them financially to do so. But gullible people like me who cancelled our phoenix packs bought them again when they took 3pv out of 12 mans as a 'good will gesture'.

Fast forward to 3 months after launch which is now 435 days after open beta they failed to deliver on CW, they failed to deliver on the 1:1 timeline, they failed to deliver on role warfare, they failed to deliver on pilot levels, they failed to deliver on skill trees, they failed to deliver on information warfare, they failed to deliver on UI2.0, they failed to deliver on DX11, they failed to deliver on loyalty points actually being in game, they failed to deliver on the phoenix badges.

Notice how they correctly interpreted our weakness and gullibility to mean that they don't have to deliver any of the content they promised to make or promised not to make?

We who have bought legendary founders packs and overlord packages are to blame for the state of the game. If you want them to actually implement the features you want, stop giving them money so they realize the have to follow through on past promises to get money. We tried the carrot, now we have to resort to the stick of starvation.

Posted Image

Remember: Giving them lots of money for nothing is the reason we still have none of the above (ok we do have the island we're on). We tried giving them money, now it's time to try holding out. If they die as a company it's not like they'll be really moving much slower than they are now.

#2970 Razor Kotovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 754 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussian Death Legion, Golden Lion lance lieutenant

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

I sure hope someone i archiving this. Couldn't be arsed myself really.

#2971 DeathsStalker

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

cant believe them!

#2972 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostTolkien, on 14 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Remember - if you're like me and you're a legendary founder and an overlord package backer there is an important lesson in this:

We are to blame for not having Community Warfare or UI2.0 or any of the other features we really wanted in by now.

Why do I blame myself and fellow 'OverGolds'?

Because they told us in June 2012 that we would have all the features in game by open beta except community warfare, and that would follow within 90 days. (Link here)

We were gullible enough to believe them and give them $120 for a game sight unseen. From this they learned a $5 million lesson that Mechwarrior fans are gullible optimists that believe anything. Even after going to open beta with nothing in, people kept giving them money.

By 90 days after open beta they failed to deliver on CW, they failed to deliver on the 1:1 timeline, they failed to deliver on role warfare, they failed to deliver on pilot levels, they failed to deliver on skill trees, they failed to deliver on information warfare, they failed to deliver on UI2.0, they failed to deliver on DX11.

But then in March 2013 150 days after open beta they announced that community warfare would be released in 3 phases up until late summer. (video link here of Bryan saying it would be all 3 phases in up to launch/late summer.)

Up until June they still hadn't delivered anything from the list above, but hey they released phoenix and us overgolds bought it to reward their lack of progress. They told us it would come with a ~30% loyalty point boost and some medallions that would boost it a further 2%.

As of August they stabbed us in the back eyes over 3pv after having literally promised
Posted Image

We should have paid attention at that point because PGI had clearly declared that they were going to change their position no matter what they had outright promised in the past if it suited them financially to do so. But gullible people like me who cancelled our phoenix packs bought them again when they took 3pv out of 12 mans as a 'good will gesture'.

Fast forward to 3 months after launch which is now 435 days after open beta they failed to deliver on CW, they failed to deliver on the 1:1 timeline, they failed to deliver on role warfare, they failed to deliver on pilot levels, they failed to deliver on skill trees, they failed to deliver on information warfare, they failed to deliver on UI2.0, they failed to deliver on DX11, they failed to deliver on loyalty points actually being in game, they failed to deliver on the phoenix badges.

Notice how they correctly interpreted our weakness and gullibility to mean that they don't have to deliver any of the content they promised to make or promised not to make?

We who have bought legendary founders packs and overlord packages are to blame for the state of the game. If you want them to actually implement the features you want, stop giving them money so they realize the have to follow through on past promises to get money. We tried the carrot, now we have to resort to the stick of starvation.

Posted Image

Remember: Giving them lots of money for nothing is the reason we still have none of the above (ok we do have the island we're on). We tried giving them money, now it's time to try holding out. If they die as a company it's not like they'll be really moving much slower than they are now.

You are correct Tolkien. The only option left now is to stop giving them money until they deliver results.

#2973 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostRazor Kotovsky, on 14 December 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I sure hope someone i archiving this. Couldn't be arsed myself really.

+1

#2974 Bloodscourge

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Um wow heh I am NOT spending another dime....Legendary Founder check, Overlord Package check, bunch of Hero mechs check......F it im done.

#2975 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

I for one will not be spending ANY of my hard earned money on more mechs, more {Scrap}, and more titles.

Titles that came in last patch don't working in game, not impressed by new ones.

More mechs to clog up my mechlab, don't really care about different variants.

Hanging items, a lot of people have asked for a reset on medallions because it wasn't clear on how they would affect the
gameplay, don't really care about new hanging {Scrap} when the stuff i have is worthless now.

So you came out with some new mechs, woop dee frickin doo basil.... You're reaching into the pockets yet again of your customers while we still have yet to see any marked improvement in the game. UI 2.0 not released, no new maps in months, just different variations. no new game modes. no idea when anything is going to release, no clarification on anything.

so, as i stated, i'm not participating in your money grab. Those new players out there who drool over this, we literally just went through this. The literally just release the phoenix package. They literally just got hundreds of dollars for mechs from a lot of people. I have lost nearly half of our group, 31 people, to all the non work on this game. I would make some kind of statement about how any other company would have fired the whole coding department by now, but i would just get the 14 year old kid in mommy's basement to come by and tell me im an *****.

The fact of the matter is this, the game has simply not progressed in a sufficient fashion to warrant giving you more money. you want $500 for a mech that is painted gold. REALLY? how about no. what would the point be? you would stick out like a sore thumb and every enemy mech is going to focus the living {Scrap} out of you.... why, for the love of bacon, would you want that???

You guys need start understanding that your core players are looking for more fixxa fixxa and less bling bling.

when 4 guys can dump multiple ac-20 shots into a spider and he not die... when every single shot lands directly in the chest and he doesn't even get scratched... there is a problem. these are problems that should be a priority. NOT more mechs and please give us more money.

IF you had fixed these problems, focus more on UI 2.0 and problems with the mechanics of the game, I GUARANTEE that almost every single player of the game would by the most expensive packages.

I have had my rant. now im done. you people that are thinking of buying a package that face the same problems, should really think about saving your money. sure the mechs are nice... but there will be grindable versions of it as well... and to those who say anything about how the game is just fine where it is, and that spiders are just fine i say to you , nice hacks.... just saying.... you know you do it....

Edited by Taynak, 14 December 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#2976 HiredGun

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBeautiful British Columbia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostOdanan, on 14 December 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

I need this answer in the FAQ.

What exactly do I get with the Gold Khan package?

Notice how the FAQ is about how to pay and not what you get? Hardly surprising.

#2977 DeathsStalker

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

awkward PGI silence

still silent

#2978 GLIZZY GULPER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 140 posts
  • LocationN/A

Mad Cat for $200?

;)

#2979 DeathsStalker

Rookie

• 9 posts

silence...

#2980 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostDeathsStalker, on 14 December 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

should someone poke mack with a stick and have his mighty welsh accent argue for us in a 50 min rant? nah, im sure hes already started

NO. just no.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users