Clan Package Thoughts

892 replies to this topic

#21 aseth

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

As a Legendary Overlord... I think you've jumped the F2P Diamond Shark. Your pricing scheme is absolutely insane.

#22 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 13 December 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Russ already said on his Twitter account that there will be C bill variants. Also, the Prime varients have a 30% C bill bonus, so I guess clans in MWO use C bills.

Also understand, I'm not trying to aggravate you or anyone else, I love the clans too, this was just a discussion about each clan mech's pricing. If you want to drop a few hundred dollars for a clan mech, that's fine. But some of the pricing doesn't make sense like the T-wolf or the Gold Packs.

Edited by Will9761, 13 December 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#23 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

Consider that this package effectively delivers twice as much as the phoenix pack (way more than the founders pack) for twice the price of the founders pack. $120 makes sense in most respects. That being said, it is a tad bit steep, and they definitely put the timberwolf in the higher end on purpose. Those accursed fiends!

I went for the direwolf package. (i love the daisy, and i want my summoner above all).

As for what I think of the clan mechs themselves:

Posted Image

PS: dont buy the gold pack, $500 dollars is a crock of ****. The best way to let PGI know you dont like that kind of pricing is to not buy it. They see the metrics, they will know what people go for and what they wont go for, and if they dont get the sales for the upper end and for the super expensive gold pack, they wont do promotions at that price in the future.

Edited by pbiggz, 13 December 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#24 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Postemployee24601, on 13 December 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Your analogy is off the mark. A Ferrari I'm quite sure, is somewhat better than a Corolla for the significant extra outlay. In this instance, it's most certainly not. And I'll comment on what I want thanks buddy :)

My analogy is quite appropriate and whether a clan mech in MWO is better or not is relative and yet to be seen. Maybe I should have compared paintings?

#25 Theycallmetheworkingman

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

500 dollars for a single gold painted mech? Does it do the dishes and make dinner for me?

#26 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

Nice they named the Clan Mechs Clan names, sad they made the packs freebirth surat names. Saddened no Executioner OR NO MAD DOG!?!?

I am VERY tempted to get a 240 package... Maybe I canvince my wife to give it to me for Xmas/.Bday which falls a few days after xmas. But I am very torn here. I think it is great that they will be releasing the Clans... but 8 mechs? WTFH??? THIS IS NOT THE INNER SPHERE. THE CLANS GO BY 5... not 4 or 8.... I have the real sad feeling the Clans are just simply another faction in the game, with simillar mechs just styled like the Clan chassis...

I am torn...

#27 - - - - MADMAN - - - -

• Pip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostAlexander Fury, on 13 December 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Wow....you only make $210 a week....wow

actually I make alot more than that. and i'll be keeping it. my point was that they are too damn expensive. if you want to go ahead and pay that much for them go for it. your loss.

#28 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostTheycallmetheworkingman, on 13 December 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

500 dollars for a single gold painted mech? Does it do the dishes and make dinner for me?

I do not even want to touch this $500 dollar mech thought. I think it is really screwy for them to ask us to shell out 500 for one computer generated item...

#29 FREDtheROLF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

NO CASH BEFORE CONTENT!

#30 Ignatz22

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Gentlemen, everyone always said this is what they wanted, Clan Mechs and Clans. Now they are coming, and we have a DATE. Yep, they want money, but it's the game you always wanted, so yes, I ponied up and dropped the Big One.

I still hope for the best from what has been, for me, a good game surrounded by being able to meet a GREAT bunch of players (Head Hunters of Davion...) so for ME it's worth the ongoing expenditure.

See you folks out there!

Edited by TechnoPeasant, 13 December 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#31 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

TOO MUCH GREED!!!!

Fix the game first, and get us the things we have been promised. Then maybe we will buy more mechs.

This is a no go. I want a functional game, with UI 2.0 and CW. Give me that, and then ask for the Clan Mechs money, when you have earned it.

#32 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

Regardless of this, I'm still happy that we will finally get to see clan-tech in the game.

Edited by Will9761, 13 December 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#33 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

The prices are... odd.

It's just 30$ per mech, which isn't too far off the mark, but the packages don't seem to sweeten as the price goes up, it just seems to act as a barrier to the mechs you'd like. That said, I won't be buying anything.

BUT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE INVASION!

#34 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Neither, can I. BRING ON THE CLANNERS!!!

#35 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

I think i found the reason for the price.
If they stay at the old Prices (sarna.net) then a Madcat cost 24,233,124 C-Bills and a Masakari 26,425,323. C-bills
We get 24 mechs (6xL6xM6xH6xA) that would be an incredible amount of C-Bills.

#36 Wriath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

SUPER AMPED! MOST CLAN KIDS WON'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD THEIR TIMBY.

#37 Night Rider

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostWriath, on 13 December 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

SUPER AMPED! MOST CLAN KIDS WON'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD THEIR TIMBY.

your just paying for getting it first, like they did with highlander

btw are clan mechs suppose to have variants ? i thought they are omni mechs ?

#38 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

PGI can [redacted] OFF, OVERPRICED [redacted]!!! NO WAY IN HELL! $500 PER MECH??!?!?!?!?

$250!?!?!?!? **** RIGHT OFF YOU GREEDY [redacted]

RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 15 December 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#39 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

They are a great deal if you jump on any package they are $10 a mech which is far cheaper than you could buy any for normally.

We had the gripe about not getting the EXACT mech you want for $10 through some pick and choose package in Founders. Same thing came up again in Phoenix.. kinda sick of seeing it. It's called a package.. don't like what you see for the price than just wait for them to come out normally.

Personally I want them all, been dying to see clan mechs in MWO so I'll gladly pay the price to get them all on June 17th.

As for the $500 khan mechs? quit crying about it? Nobodies forcing you to get them.. they don't even come with all the mechs. It's simply there for those people that WANT them, nothing wrong with it in my eyes.

I can understand the "man where's UI 2.0 and CW" crowd to a point. We've been waiting a long damn time for that to come out, so like I said in another thread; ask yourself "Do I think $240 is worth 24 clan mechs in the state MWO is currently in" If so buy it it's a good price point for what your getting. If not than simply wait, they will be out eventually for everyone.

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 13 December 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#40 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

Like I said in the post, I'm not doing this out of spite. I really do love the Clans but, some of the mechs like the venerable Timber Wolf are too expensive. Had the T-wolf would have been $80 dollar I would be fine with it. Also it's okay to talking about the concerns that you feelings about.
Was not directly at one person. But like I said no reason to pay for them now. Wait and get them without paying real money. Or wait 6 months and see what the add to the packages and see if they are worth more to you then. Can also wait and see how UI2.0 looks and if they have CW yet. And remember if no one buys the packages then they will have to do something. But if lots of people buy them then they priced them correctly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users