892 replies to this topic

#41 Small Baguette

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 118 posts
  • LocationPreviously known as "Uljira"

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

Weird double post. See my post below, ignore this one.

Edited by Uljira, 13 December 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#42 employee24601

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 13 December 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

My analogy is quite appropriate and whether a clan mech in MWO is better or not is relative and yet to be seen. Maybe I should have compared paintings?

If you say so champ, as long as you're happy. I await your painting comparison thread.

#43 Waldex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

SMH... I dont even know what to say... So disappointing.

#44 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Sooo after some calculating i have some numbers.

Phoenix + Saber Pack (3xL 9xM 3xH 3xA) was worth around 88,8 mil C-Bills (i think it was 80 $? = 1,11 mil per $)
Masakari Pack (6xL 6xM 6xH 6xA) should be around 419 mil C-Bills (250 $ = 1,676 mil per $)
if they use the old prices (sarna.net)

#45 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

If you are feeling unsure, wait til UI 2.0 and CW, the package delivers in june and I imagine they will continue selling until after that (the same way they did phoenix and founders). The only thing that is really limited is gold Khan package, but your an ***** if you pay 500 dollars, so just ignore that section of the page.

#46 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

I forked up the big dough for the clan mechs. I am sad that it cost me $210 for my timber wolf but at that point why not fork up the extra $30 for the last pack. its obviously ment to deter some people from buy all the good mechs all at once and it makes sence to me. they give you the summoner and diashie for the normal $120, the same as the phoenix pack, (if you didn't grab the saber as well.) now we can ALL AGREE that the gold variant's are WAY over priced. but I know for a fact we will see them out on the battle field. so lets make a pact right now to find these people and start stomping them now.

#47 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

thinking of it... The 500 Khan Mech are for those who need to stroke their egos. I am still primarily dissapointed it is 8 Mech and not 10, and that thepacks are free birth names... At least they named the Mechs right. I am still greatly saddened by the Lack of the Mad Dog.

#48 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

View Postemployee24601, on 13 December 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

If you say so champ, as long as you're happy. I await your painting comparison thread.

It was rhetorical chief, don't wait too long.

#49 ICE IX

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

This may be a dumb question, but how are the new clan mech supposed to be loaded out? It would seem kind of goofy to have Clan chassis builds using Inner Sphere weaponry.

#50 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Clan Package Thoughts

Money Grab.

#51 Small Baguette

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 118 posts
  • LocationPreviously known as "Uljira"

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

HOW IS THIS A CLAN INVASION?

It simply isn't when it's literally just a bunch of new mechs being released. No-one will be strictly Clan or IS unless they play their own made up meta game among friends to try and pretend that there is more than a simple deathmatch to this game.

Without CW as a foundation there is no substance or purpose to the clans. They are literally just some new mechs using well loved designs to make it seem exciting. I want to be proven wrong here more than I can even express but so far I can see no difference in this "Clan invasion" than I can in the phoenix package.

Edited by Uljira, 13 December 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#52 Chain Fire

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

So...

Fire Moth
Mist Lynx
Dragonfly
Fenris
Mad Dog
Hellbringer
Gargoyle
Gladiator

Hero Mechs maybe?

#53 Pissybird

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

I have previously purchased the founders package and the project phoenix mechs. I have spent over $140 yet I have not seen enough content to merit that investment. The community warfare and other aspects of the game have been promised for a long time and thus far are vaporware. The fact that these mech packages are being announced mere weeks after you stopped selling the phoenix mechs does come off as a money grab. The ridiculous packages posted for the gold mechs are even worse. Is PGI now trying to catch up to Star Citizen for empty promises? How are the Clan mechs going to be balanced? Why do I need to buy 3 different versions of an omni mechs? It's an omni mech, their whole point is being reconfigurable. Double heat sinks were seriously nerfed.. if Clan mechs try and operate with similar heat reduction no delivered design will function. You've post packages of mechs with no details how they will fit in. Please provide the details.

#54 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostChain Fire, on 13 December 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

So...

Fire Moth
Mist Lynx
Dragonfly
Fenris
Mad Dog
Hellbringer
Gargoyle
Gladiator

Hero Mechs maybe?

I assume they will be released just the same as other mechs. Remember we have a gap between the end of the c-bill phoenix mechs and what will presumably be the cbill delivery of clan mechs, so we will see some extra IS mechs, then the first wave of clan mechs, followed by conventional monthly releases of the other clan chassis and perhaps other inner sphere chassis as well.

Also just so people don't forget.

View Postpbiggz, on 13 December 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

If you are feeling unsure, wait til UI 2.0 and CW, the package delivers in june and I imagine they will continue selling until after that (the same way they did phoenix and founders). The only thing that is really limited is gold Khan package, but your an ***** if you pay 500 dollars, so just ignore that section of the page.

#55 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

View Postaseth, on 13 December 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

As a Legendary Overlord... I think you've jumped the F2P Diamond Shark. Your pricing scheme is absolutely insane.

The price scheme is the same as the phoenix package was which is completely reasonable, the only stupidly priced things are the "golden" mechs. The only reason I haven't dropped 240 on this is because I don't know how the delivery is to be done or if I won't be able to play with other because of IS/Clan teams (if that ends up being a thing)

Edited by Omni 13, 13 December 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#56 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 13 December 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Was not directly at one person. But like I said no reason to pay for them now. Wait and get them without paying real money. Or wait 6 months and see what the add to the packages and see if they are worth more to you then. Can also wait and see how UI2.0 looks and if they have CW yet. And remember if no one buys the packages then they will have to do something. But if lots of people buy them then they priced them correctly.

View Postpbiggz, on 13 December 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Thanks for your suggestions and insights. I'll see how these mechs will do in combat.

Edited by Will9761, 13 December 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#57 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

Anyone else see that "unique bonus module" for the Khan 'mechs? That worries me more than the pricing.

#58 TK42Kahn

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

4 reinforcement packs
Light clan reinforcement, 2 mechs
Medium, 2 mechs
Heavy - 2 mechs
Assault - 2 mechs
...buy a small package now...upgrade later...I wonder if these will become upgrade able like previous packages too...

#59 Mc JR

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

They need a way to pick ONE mech and buy that ONE and its variants for $30-40 bucks. I really want the Mad Cat but there is no way in hell I am paying PGI $210 when there is nothing on the other things they have said they would do for us. I have trouble paying $40 bucks to them but that's me. PGI pull your head out of your ***. Offer us the option to buy only one mech variant and them we can talk about me opening my wallet for you again.

** Edit Yes I have the storm package but it was a gift.. i.e. not my money.***

Edited by Mc JR, 13 December 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#60 Aesthir

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Pretty much everything about this scares the scrap out of me.

Here's a list of all the things that don't:
  • New Mech designs and artwork.
I'm terribly disturbed at how many people are throwing money at this with zero information on how it's supposed to work, with a delivery date 6 months in the future. There's no guarantee they'll be able to deliver a clan invasion in 6 months, so the best case scenario is adding clan mechs like normal mechs. Honestly, there's no guarantee the game and/or company will still be around 6 months from now.

As for the prices, anyone remember when you could get a Triple-A game title for 60 bucks? How long ago was that? Yesterday, you say? And PGI wants 4 times that? For a game that's not even finished? I know PGI's been accused of blatant cash grabs in the past, but I'm finding it hard to describe this as anything but.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users