93 replies to this topic

#21 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

Domo! ;) The 11th Alshain actually uses a jade green on white, if I recall correctly, but I just cannot decide on which of MWO's many greens I should try. Still, you reminded me I ought to go try experiment again...
I just hope the District Regular Forces will be available later on in Community Warfare - I picked non-elites for a reason! :)

And yes, I cannot wait until decals become available. The Kurita crest is a must-have, though I am really curious about what other options PGI will offer us! Numbers? Jokes and taunts? Perhaps a few kanji?

(also, I still want a sashimono ;))

#22 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 20 December 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Domo! ;) The 11th Alshain actually uses a jade green on white, if I recall correctly, but I just cannot decide on which of MWO's many greens I should try. Still, you reminded me I ought to go try experiment again...
I just hope the District Regular Forces will be available later on in Community Warfare - I picked non-elites for a reason! :)

And yes, I cannot wait until decals become available. The Kurita crest is a must-have, though I am really curious about what other options PGI will offer us! Numbers? Jokes and taunts? Perhaps a few kanji?

(also, I still want a sashimono ;))

YESSS A sashimono would be dope as ****. And yeah, lots of regular forces should be a part of it. I can see making them simple hough, Benjamin Regulars, Sword of Light, Sorenson's Sabres, with no additional unit identifiers. Makes it simple, but includes them. I wouldn't mind that.

#23 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostStomp, on 21 December 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

I can see making them simple hough, Benjamin Regulars, Sword of Light, Sorenson's Sabres, with no additional unit identifiers. Makes it simple, but includes them. I wouldn't mind that.
Probably better, anyways - leave it to the players to add further detail.

Even before they announced the option to make player-run House regiments for Community Warfare, I always thought people could simply join a canon regiment and play their tight-knit little group as an exclusive part (a single company or battalion?) of the larger whole. This way they get to play their favorite regiment without hogging the canon name and denying its use to others.

Anyways ... more paintjobs! Come one people, I know you have them. I've seen some cool ones in the game, post them here! :D

#24 SteelRat

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Being as I am not in any Unit currently, I was just running Red over Black mechs. Then I was playing around 1 nite and discovered the Cobra skin, which gives a interesting scale effect. I just laid it over my Red/Black paint jobs and this is what I got:

Catapult K2:
Posted Image

Atlas D-DC:
Posted Image

Stalker:
Posted Image

If you play around with the colors, you can lose the blue in the middle. Saw a really nice K2 with red and white using the cobra skin.

#25 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostSteelRat, on 21 December 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

Being as I am not in any Unit currently, I was just running Red over Black mechs. Then I was playing around 1 nite and discovered the Cobra skin, which gives a interesting scale effect. I just laid it over my Red/Black paint jobs and this is what I got:

If you play around with the colors, you can lose the blue in the middle. Saw a really nice K2 with red and white using the cobra skin.

mmm, not sure I'm a fan of the Cobra skin, when it came out my mind kind of boggled. I'm glad you like it though! I don't mind the scales, but the sheen of the color always drives me bonkers haha.

#26 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Update! Lots of light mechs, like my 4X Boom Chicken! 1 AC/10, 1 ML!
Posted Image

or the Mando!
Posted Image

And my poor little Locust :3
Posted Image

And my new Dev Kill Medallion! Sorry Dennis :)
Posted Image

#27 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostStomp, on 25 December 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

And my new Dev Kill Medallion! Sorry Dennis :)
Posted Image

i'm so jelly......!!! :D i didn't find any of the dev....let alone shoot at them.... :D

#28 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostDiscarius, on 25 December 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

i'm so jelly......!!! :) i didn't find any of the dev....let alone shoot at them.... :D

I lucked out, I dropped as soon as I found out about the Dev Kill Medal, first game, BAM! Dennis in that mean atlas of his. Luckily I had teammates to provide spots while I dropped LRM5s on his head while his team abandoned him. :/

#29 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

Here a couple of Mechs painted in the unit colors of the 36th Dieron Regular.

Primary: Camo Light Grey, Titanium White
Secondary: Kakhi
Tertiary: A red of players choice, if the player wants to add it. (Here PC Gamer Red)

Locust
Posted Image

Kintaro
Posted Image

Wolverine
Posted Image

Thunderbolt
Posted Image

Battlemaster
Posted Image

#30 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

I decided to show you guys some real paint schemes. These are the kind that get your enemy to know and fear you. As you can see by my Cicada, it uses standard 9th Sword of the Dragon, 2nd Battalion, Alpha "Archangels" Company Parade Colors with a bold Tartan pattern attached for added eliteness. Nothing screams in charge like the gold officers braiding. The enlisted use white in lieu of gold.

Posted Image

I thought this was kind of boring and didn't strut my stuff enough for my enemies to run in fear, so I spiced it up a bit in the next paint job.

Posted Image
Something that really puts the fear of god in you when you see it!!! This is my ultimate paint job. It screams of bold sea greens and lavender purples. And of course the red of the Dragon spills fear all over the battlefield.

Sadly, my founders and phoenix mechs have a distinct lack of tartan pattern to it. So I could only use the colors. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

So, now you know, when you see these fear inducing colors charging at you from across the battlefield, you can try to run, but ultimately your death is at hand.

#31 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

Nice paintjobs! I've been busy during the holidays, seems like you guys were as well! Sealawyer those paintjobs are pretty spiffy.

View Postpaxmortis, on 26 December 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

Here a couple of Mechs painted in the unit colors of the 36th Dieron Regular.

Primary: Camo Light Grey, Titanium White
Secondary: Kakhi
Tertiary: A red of players choice, if the player wants to add it. (Here PC Gamer Red)

Siiiick, 36th Dieron Regulars, NICE. I like seeing the non Sword-of-Light RedTM paintjobs.

#32 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Thank you, the most of our mates using this colors.

#33 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

@ Stomp, I will have to repaint a couple of my mechs in unit colours, most of my unit is Loud with the purple and red combo's.

#34 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 02 January 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

@ Stomp, I will have to repaint a couple of my mechs in unit colours, most of my unit is Loud with the purple and red combo's.

Sounds great, looking forward to it!

#35 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hey Stompy! Here's a couple of examples of Arkab colors. The first one is our Battletech canon paint scheme (tans and dark greens. I will go off canon and embellish with camo brown or a reddish brown like cinnabar sometimes.):

Posted Image

And here's an example I've been toying with, using our regimental colors and the Sherman paint scheme (until PGI makes decals a reality):

Posted Image

Edited by Shahadet, 02 January 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#36 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostShahadet, on 02 January 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Hey Stompy! Here's a couple of examples of Arkab colors. The first one is our Battletech canon paint scheme (tans and dark greens. I will go off canon and embellish with camo brown or a reddish brown like cinnabar sometimes.):

And here's an example I've been toying with, using our regimental colors and the Sherman paint scheme (until PGI makes decals a reality):

Awesome! I knew Shahadet would come to my rescue! I really wanted to see some of those 2nd Arkab wonders. :lol:

#37 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

View PostShahadet, on 02 January 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Ha! I see what you did there. Not quite the "right" star, but close enough. ;)

And yeah, it's high time we get some decals!

On another note, I think I finally found a good green for the Alshain Regulars - I've been comparing the colors in MWO to the Wikipedia example and decided that "Pigment" was both close enough to what is officially defined as jade green, and looks bright enough to make for a nice, attention-grabbing combination with titanium white, samurai-style!

Posted Image

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 02 January 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#38 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 02 January 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

Ha! I see what you did there. Not quite the "right" star, but close enough. :)

And yeah, it's high time we get some decals!

On another note, I think I finally found a good green for the Alshain Regulars - I've been comparing the colors in MWO to the Wikipedia example and decided that "Pigment" was both close enough to what is officially defined as jade green, and looks bright enough to make for a nice, attention-grabbing combination with titanium white, samurai-style!

Posted Image

Very nice Jade color choice! Is that the Raider skin? Very sexy as well. :ph34r:

#39 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Hai! I really like the new Raider pattern - MWO needs more "camos" that are just stripes. Aside from the exclusive PC Gamer one and the default paintjob, Raider is the only other option out there. But I certainly agree it looks nice! :P

Of course, the default skin works very nice with these colors, too!

#40 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 04 January 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Hai! I really like the new Raider pattern - MWO needs more "camos" that are just stripes. Aside from the exclusive PC Gamer one and the default paintjob, Raider is the only other option out there. But I certainly agree it looks nice! :P

Of course, the default skin works very nice with these colors, too!

The "exclusive" PC Gamer skin, ha! I have that one. It's really neat on a lot of chassis, couple of chassis look weird though, like the Centurion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users