Clan Collection Concept Art

17 replies to this topic

#1 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Well, I know everyone has wanted to see the new clan mechs in concept art, so as a little Christmas present for the community I give you these:

Timberwolf:
Posted Image

Adder:
Posted Image

Direwolf:
Posted Image

Kitfox:
Posted Image

Nova:
Posted Image

Stormcrow:
Posted Image

Summoner:
Posted Image

Warhawk:
Posted Image

#2 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Amazing, thank you for putting so much work in this! :P

#3 ComradeK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg, Mother-Russia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:10 AM

May I leave my "true" remakes of Nova and Kitfox, as they were designed in tabletop and on early arts, here? :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostComradeK, on 23 December 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

May I leave my "true" remakes of Nova and Kitfox, as they were designed in tabletop and on early arts, here? :D

Posted Image

wow, nice work comrade! :D yes, i wish MWO would make their nova look like this, much better!.....maybe they should do this and just name it a different chasis or variant or something, cuz sure it has less torso turn, but it's just too classic, i want it this way. ^_^ -heck, maybe submit a proposal to the devs to use this design ^_^

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostStingray1234, on 23 December 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

wow, nice work comrade! :unsure: yes, i wish MWO would make their nova look like this, much better!.....maybe they should do this and just name it a different chasis or variant or something, cuz sure it has less torso turn, but it's just too classic, i want it this way. :ph34r: -heck, maybe submit a proposal to the devs to use this design :D

looks wise, I agree, though IMO, the legs need to be a bit longer.

But since I actually plan to PLAY it? I'll take a twisting torso, TYVM.

#6 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

that's exactly how the nova should look IMO. the devs should find a different way to balance it to compensate for the lack of torso twist.

If it turns out they wont change (which is most likely) I might just make a brief throwback to my mini making days and mod the legs so it looks like a proper nova for a 3d print :)

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostSentinel373, on 25 December 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

that's exactly how the nova should look IMO. the devs should find a different way to balance it to compensate for the lack of torso twist.

If it turns out they wont change (which is most likely) I might just make a brief throwback to my mini making days and mod the legs so it looks like a proper nova for a 3d print :)

how a bout a modded Summoner courtesy Tyberion and Me?
Posted Image

also, do you happen to have the "naked" templates available without the background?

#8 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 December 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

how a bout a modded Summoner courtesy Tyberion and Me?

also, do you happen to have the "naked" templates available without the background?

yes, i have the templates without background and without color changes, will take a few secs. to upload them.....

Edit: ok, here's the templates:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Stingray1234, 25 December 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#9 Eleventor

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

nice

#10 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Re-Did the summoner, gave his left arm the more classic look, like from Mechwarrior 2.

Posted Image

#11 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostComradeK, on 23 December 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

May I leave my "true" remakes of Nova and Kitfox, as they were designed in tabletop and on early arts, here? :)

Posted Image

Splooosh, do want! Just give it extra mobility (turn radius, arm range) or JJ fuel.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostStingray1234, on 25 December 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

yes, i have the templates without background and without color changes, will take a few secs. to upload them.....

Edit: ok, here's the templates:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

thanks!!! I like the mod on the Nova, but I want to enlarge the legs.

#13 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Timby:

Posted Image

#14 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

Clan Collection Nova in Mechbay:

Posted Image

ComradeK's Clan Collection Nova in Mech Bay:
Posted Image

Edited by Stingray1234, 27 December 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#15 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostSentinel373, on 25 December 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

If it turns out they wont change (which is most likely) I might just make a brief throwback to my mini making days and mod the legs so it looks like a proper nova for a 3d print ^_^

i once read somewhere that the nova had more pod space to compensate, allowing more weapons and heat efficiency, and plus being very fast. The idea was this mech never ran from combat, pilots weren't afraid, and they'd always face their foes directly. Though, did any of you play the old Mechwarrior 2? the nova in that game had the look of no torso, but actually could twist slightly, just not a whole lot.

#16 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostStingray1234, on 29 December 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

i once read somewhere that the nova had more pod space to compensate, allowing more weapons and heat efficiency, and plus being very fast. The idea was this mech never ran from combat, pilots weren't afraid, and they'd always face their foes directly. Though, did any of you play the old Mechwarrior 2? the nova in that game had the look of no torso, but actually could twist slightly, just not a whole lot.

I played MW3 - while I loved the look of the Nova, the inability to traverse the torso more than 5 degrees to either side rendered both it and the Cauldron Born useless for every role but ambush sniper. I was glad that the CB got redesigned for MW4 to have a twistable torso, despite my fondness for the unique designs.

While a bunch positive design quirks could help make up for the lack of twist, I think it'd be VERY difficult to balance a mech like that, and it's very likely the Nova would either be OP and get nerfed, or languish in the UP pile for quite a while as they try to puzzle out how to make it work. Plus, with all the experimenting they're already doing with balancing Clantech, it's an extra headache they don't need.

#17 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

Holy {Scrap}, Dakka. Back from the dead?

What really made the Nova work back in MW2 were the directional jump jets. As the games progressed through 3, 4, and now, the steering capability of jump jets were gradually lost. Having no torso twist was less of an issue when you could twist in place with jump jets alone, or do a mid air side step suddenly. Practically speaking, to make it work well in MWO, it does require the torso twist.

#18 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 30 December 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

Holy {Scrap}, Dakka. Back from the dead?

What really made the Nova work back in MW2 were the directional jump jets. As the games progressed through 3, 4, and now, the steering capability of jump jets were gradually lost. Having no torso twist was less of an issue when you could twist in place with jump jets alone, or do a mid air side step suddenly. Practically speaking, to make it work well in MWO, it does require the torso twist.

ah, it would be very nice to have directional JJs in MWO. maybe the directional JJs are a clan thing............

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users