32 replies to this topic

#21 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Winning one Tournament with a random setting does not make a lance, the most Elite of the faction. I would suggest they are the most elite of the tournament in that setting, but with so many different planets they could have fought on so many different situations so many different opfor they could have faced. I have issues saying the entire faction.

#22 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

Nah we're the best for sure. :-p
Hard to claim otherwise if you haven't fought against my boys.

#23 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:54 AM

At the moment there is only one rubric to measure which lance is the best in the FRR.

And by that measurement, the Nifhel lance of the 1st Dragon Regiment is the best.

If you wished to contest that ruling, then your chance to do so was weeks ago in the Yule tournament that you were repeatedly invited to.

Since you refused to participate you'll have to wait until the next such tournament to contest their primacy.
Until then, they have proven themselves the best.

I am sure though, they will be eager to meet your challenges in the more appropriate venue of battle in the future.

#24 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Like I said I agree with you they are the best tournament team currently, but not the best overall. That's all I said, I agree with you in the aspect of tournament over 9 teams.

#25 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 25 December 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

Like I said I agree with you they are the best tournament team currently, but not the best overall. That's all I said, I agree with you in the aspect of tournament over 9 teams.

Why didn't y'all come out and play? The SoR has such a big pop you guys could have run a bunch of teams.

#26 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostSurtr, on 25 December 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Why didn't y'all come out and play? The SoR has such a big pop you guys could have run a bunch of teams.

The SoR is currently going through some restructureing. Our main leadership has become disillusioned with MWO as it currently stands, those of us who activally play, don't like forcing the game system that we currently have to do something it's not designed to. We are not a pacient bunch we get drunk and roudy and unless everything is easy or we are paid very well it's hard to orgnize drunken mercs into a small area for a long period of time. We are currently not in the "tournament" state of mind. While we have a few companies getting "competitive" we still have much to grow on. Expect after the hollidays / next year to see a different side of Active SoR members. (basically those of us who want to play are in control now and working towards getting out into the "community")

#27 Karlax

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

One of the RDR Nifhel lance guys, here. There's just one point I'd like to address:

We are the most elite 4-man team in the FRR the same way the men and women of the Shieldwall are drunken, rowdy mercenaries:

We aren't. This is a game.An affectation. Theatre.

Whatever bickering we have going on here is the product of conflicting mindsets and conflicting ways that people have fun, and it behooves none of us to keep it alive. Our disagreements are not worth the breath (or in this case, typing) we waste on them. Not at all.

#28 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 25 December 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

(basically those of us who want to play are in control now and working towards getting out into the "community")

thats what I call a good thing ... I really really have come to like the FRR community, just a bunch of ok guys I think ^^

#29 Bandaron

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostKarlax, on 25 December 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

One of the RDR Nifhel lance guys, here. There's just one point I'd like to address:

We are the most elite 4-man team in the FRR the same way the men and women of the Shieldwall are drunken, rowdy mercenaries:

Whatever bickering we have going on here is the product of conflicting mindsets and conflicting ways that people have fun, and it behooves none of us to keep it alive. Our disagreements are not worth the breath (or in this case, typing) we waste on them. Not at all.

Another Nifhel member here, bestowing upon Karlax +1 for being right, and another for correctly using the word 'behooves'.

#30 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

I always thought of myself as the most elite drunken space viking in the FRR, I am also the best looking or ugliest looking pilot, depends on my mood. I always win! except for those times when the other side wins, so that must mean something... just not sure what.

I have a KDR and W/L ratio..... I think I do, well PGI says I do, but They lie a lot too.

We can all agree that the FRR is the only faction choice that PGI makes available to us that is not a "House", that makes it our Home, which is far better than a house.

#31 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Here it is, the Yule Tournament’s championship match.

I’d like to thank Mech The Dane and all the Isengrim who worked very hard to organize this one-of-a-kind event. Thank you also to Blue Vengeance for hosting us in their TS3 server and for arranging with PGI for the much unexpected prizes. Thank you to EACH AND EVERY team that came out and played. Participating in this event was by far the most fun I’ve had playing MWO, and I’m glad I got to be a part of it with all of you.

Special thanks to Blue Vengeance 2! That was one hell of a fight!

Edited by SuperAtomicAirplane, 27 December 2013 - 12:13 AM.

#32 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostSurtr, on 25 December 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Could have, but didn't because of....

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 25 December 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

The SoR is currently going through some restructureing. Our main leadership has become disillusioned with MWO as it currently stands, those of us who activally play, don't like forcing the game system that we currently have to do something it's not designed to. We are not a pacient bunch we get drunk and roudy and unless everything is easy or we are paid very well it's hard to orgnize drunken mercs into a small area for a long period of time. We are currently not in the "tournament" state of mind. While we have a few companies getting "competitive" we still have much to grow on. Expect after the hollidays / next year to see a different side of Active SoR members. (basically those of us who want to play are in control now and working towards getting out into the "community")

...and personal conflicts that, if you've paid any attention to the snide remarks back and forth, you'd understand why some of us want nothing to do with others. However....

View PostKarlax, on 25 December 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

This speaks the most truth. I am in this for the fun. This particular shindig actually sparks my interest, and hopefully will be as fun as I am anticipating.

#33 Zeleglok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

Thx for posting an invite at VRGD forum.
We'll try gathering a team, i'll inform interested people who may not read the forum.
TIL VALHALLA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users