219 replies to this topic

#21 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

I guess I could have made that clearer. Each lance is considered as its own team.
The whole livebracket is made from those sign ups.

Edited by Klappspaten, 30 December 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#22 Cherewas Ondairn

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationOutreach Maison Rouge

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

Hello Klappspaten and Blue Vengeance !

Strength and honor!

We from the 478th Drunken Squirrel Brigade, Aseveljet, salute you and thank you for organizing this magnificent event.

We have already signed up with one lance. I wanted to register another one, but it gives me the unregister option only. Does this mean that another of our players has to sign up for CHALLONGE! and register our second lance?

Sincerely,

Cherewas

#23 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

View PostCherewas Ondairn, on 30 December 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

We have already signed up with one lance. I wanted to register another one, but it gives me the unregister option only. Does this mean that another of our players has to sign up for CHALLONGE! and register our second lance?

I guess so, its the first time anyone of uses uses Challonge but I think you can anly register once per account.

#24 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 30 December 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

oh, I thought you wanted teams to sign up, not lances.

Glad to see the Shieldwall is going to play. Your numbers will be valuable when CW launches and the only way to get people back into the game is by enticing them to play fun stuff like tourneys!

#25 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostSurtr, on 30 December 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Glad to see the Shieldwall is going to play. Your numbers will be valuable when CW launches and the only way to get people back into the game is by enticing them to play fun stuff like tourneys!

We have been playing regularly tournament or not. Infact most tourneys turn off our guys from playing. We play to have fun, not just to win win win. Sure we LIKE to win, and we work towards doing so, but not one of us has a "Meta build" nor a required mech. (ok thats a lie, we probably have some meta builds but not because they are meta) I am playing practically every day, because it's fun not because there is a tourney. I play with the people of the SoR and I enjoy who I play with, sometimes we take trials and see how silly we can be, sometimes we take ecm mechs and hide, until we're found. It's how you play, not why.

In the borg, nobody is getting back into the game to play a tournament, the only people going are those who still play, those who don't play now, don't because of principle and their general dislike of the game and it's mechanics. A tourney won't change these feelings. The borg is not out for glory, we just want your money and your contracts and some scrap for our selves.

#26 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 30 December 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

We have been playing regularly tournament or not. Infact most tourneys turn off our guys from playing. We play to have fun, not just to win win win. Sure we LIKE to win, and we work towards doing so, but not one of us has a "Meta build" nor a required mech. (ok thats a lie, we probably have some meta builds but not because they are meta) I am playing practically every day, because it's fun not because there is a tourney. I play with the people of the SoR and I enjoy who I play with, sometimes we take trials and see how silly we can be, sometimes we take ecm mechs and hide, until we're found. It's how you play, not why.

Good thing this tournament is all about that.
Sure, everyone who enters wants to win, but I think no one wants it at all costs.
We made the no meta rule because of that.

If there was a way to measure it I would disqualify everyone who doesnt enjoys himself. :)

#27 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

Thank you, Blue Vengeance, for organizing this event!

I just registered another lance of Aseveljet Finnish Gaming Community.
Cherewas will be leading the 478th Drunken Squirrel Brigade while I have the honor of leading the IVth Y.M.C.A Squad.

Still many places available, I see, but it's still a long way 'til February 1st, so I'm very hopeful all the 24 places will be filled.

#28 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

Glad to have you on board.

Until now there are no Isengrim signed up, none of our blue vengeance guys, we gonna get it full.
And even if we dont get the bracket full with FRR units we´re gonna open it for other factions before going in shorthanded, we allready have some german merc units interested.

Anyway, I think we will see a lot more entrys in the new year.

happy new year everyone by the way.

Edited by Klappspaten, 31 December 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#29 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

The Skjaldborg is trying to piece together additional teams....not that we don't have the members, just that reorganization and people on break is making it hard for us to rally into set lances at this time.

So far we have I believe 1 team signed up, and at least 4 other leaders looking to sign up teams of their own.

#30 Malkavios

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationObscured by ECM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

I shall try to organize my Battle Brothers of The Short Long Ship(a.k.a SHORT BUS). As we live in different countries and have odd work hours it might be difficult for us to field a team

Edited by Malkavios, 01 January 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#31 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

I got a small update for you guys.

First: We switched to another bracket service, which is way more capable than the old one. Teams who are already enlisted do NOT need to register again, I already transfered you to the new service.
You will find the registration on the same spot on our webpage www.blue-vengeance.de.
Once you are on the tournament page on binarybeast.com you will find the button to join called "Join this Tournament" on the upper right above the tournament banner.

Second: We decided on the exact times when the tournament rounds will start. For the qualification Rounds there are two dates. You will only need to attend on ONE of those dates. Just let me know which one suits you better.
If you can not attend on any of those dates let me know and we will try to work something out.

Starting hours
Qualification:
January 31st 2014 - 20:00 (8pm) in central europe / 11:00 (11am) in pacific standard time america
or
February 1st 2014 - 20:00 (8pm) in central europe / 11:00 (11am) in pacific standard time america

Quarterfinals:
February 8th 2014 - 20:00 (8pm) in central europe / 11:00 (11am) in pacific standard time america

Semifinals & Grand Finale:
February 15th 2014 - 20:00 (8pm) in central europe / 11:00 (11am) in pacific standard time america

Edited by Klappspaten, 03 January 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#32 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Wait....so this thing is supposed to be an all-nighter?

2pm Saturday to 5am Sunday for all days (EST) if I've added that correctly.

I hope we don't have to be present for all these hours.

Edited by Damon Howe, 03 January 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#33 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 03 January 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Wait....so this thing is supposed to be an all-nighter?

2pm Saturday to 5am Sunday for all days (EST) if I've added that correctly.

I hope we don't have to be present for all these hours.

no that is not supposed to be an all nighter

those times are only the start times
there is one time for Central European Time (CET) and one for Pacific Standard Time (PST)

The qualification Rounds will probably be the longest sessions with around two and a half hours
or at least thats what we hope, if all goes very smooth it might even be a bit faster

I edited it to make it clear.
Since Blue Vengeance is a german clan and germany is 9 hours ahead of western america I posted times from two different timezones

P.s.: For the final rounds we might have private matches which would make everything a LOT faster.

Edited by Klappspaten, 03 January 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#34 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Within the tournament, does the ring include the entire map or only a designated area?

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 03 January 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#35 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Putting the EST times in brackets will be much better than using a dash, which is generally used to represent a range with the values on each side.

#36 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

so 2pm on Saturday for ESTers til whenever....alright, I think that can work for most of us.

Signed up a 4 man team, but it's likely we'll have 8 or so members rotating in and out. I myself would like to participate, but it's likely 2 out of 3 of those weeks I won't make it due to work, unless you let us play it later.

#37 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

The difficulty lies within the time difference between europe and continental america.
If those times proof to be difficult for too many people we might be able to push the hours a bit.

Edit:
We decided to change the times for qualification a little!

The qualification rounds on Saturday, Febraury the 1st 2014 will start at 10pm central european time. That is 1pm pacific standard time or 4pm eastern standard time.

We hope that this makes it possible for you guys to participate.

Again, the times for the elimination rounds later in Feburary are NOT written in stone, we will see about them on time.

Edited by Klappspaten, 04 January 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#38 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

We´re half full, 12 Teams have signed up, 12 still to go!

#39 Sephyr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Just signed up with 4 ( +2 reserve ) Mechanized Hussary lance.

#40 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 04 January 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

The difficulty lies within the time difference between europe and continental america.
If those times proof to be difficult for too many people we might be able to push the hours a bit.

Edit:
We decided to change the times for qualification a little!

The qualification rounds on Saturday, Febraury the 1st 2014 will start at 10pm central european time. That is 1pm pacific standard time or 4pm eastern standard time.

We hope that this makes it possible for you guys to participate.

Again, the times for the elimination rounds later in Feburary are NOT written in stone, we will see about them on time.

Will January 31st times be changing as well?

EDIT: Also, can you update your first post and http://binarybeast.com to reflect the changes in time to avoid confusion?

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 05 January 2014 - 05:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users