#21 TitanLord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

You know what I'm tired of?

"Hey how did you not die? I shot you with all my lasers right in the center torso..."

As if the possibility that they could miss or that they're spreading their damage to the side torso doesn't exist within this realm of reality. That implied accusation of cheating to justify poor shooting is getting on my nerves.

#22 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 481 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Seems to me what a hacker would ACTUALLY be doing in this game would be making software PURPORTED to give an advantage or simplify things, but that actually gave special access and control of the computer it was installed on. The actual hacker would be far more interested in the idiot who is using the HAX bank account, since he possibly is a kid, or irresponsible gamer type who has disposable income that can be tapped by the info gained by the hacker.

All the typical claims of HAX or you HACK seem to be a chorus I've heard from players of other games that are client side registration, where hacks really can make one invulnerable and aimbots really do well. I've seen legions of younger players who are very good, in a twitch oriented sense, roll into MWO, and find thier perceptions of superiority, oft due to really GOOD reflexes and youth - challenged by all the bugs and flaws in this game, as well as actual skill in thier opponents. They know they saw a shot that in Call of Duty, or Warframe or Hawken would have scored a hit or a kill, just seem to vaporize. Who is there to blame for this? Surely not themselves, they have had it confirmed again and again that they are great, playing those other games, often on very good computer systems that thier parents or they themselves have bought.

So it's one of two things. Hax, or else a bad game. Both are blamed.

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostTitanLord, on 13 July 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

"Hey how did you not die? I shot you with all my lasers right in the center torso..."

Shooting people with all my weapons - dead center, not missing - and having them not get damaged.

Go figure.

#24 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

Last night I was specing the last member of my team, up on a wall. All 3 surviving enemy were down below a wall. Neither could see the other. yet... a PPC hit killed him on that wall.

I understand some people are good. I have known guys who played extremely well... no hacks. But this, through the wall, could be nothing else.

#25 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:15 PM

Saw some things that suspiciously resembled hacks in this clip.

Posted Image

#26 SeaLabCaptn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:06 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 15 September 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

Saw some things that suspiciously resembled hacks in this clip.

Posted Image

Many thanks for alerting me that TheB33f is making great content again! So happy!

#27 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

I want random slowmo in my matches...

#28 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostCathy, on 30 December 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

I'm getting really freaking tired, of listening to some scrub, claim either I, or someone else in the match I'm in, is a hacker, to justify their **** poor performance, and getting taken out.

I have never used, any third party application in any game, not even one that were accepted by the company that makes the game i'm play, yup that's right I didn't even use EQ maps in Everquest.

So just for the record, for those or you that are children or adults that can't grow up and accept you lack of performance or can't handle being taken down by a 'girl'.

That I am completely happy to have P.G.I look around my M.W.O program files on remote, so they can then see the accusations are baseless, and ban the scrub for falsely claiming I cheat.

That is all

But 'Cathy' you are a HACKER I've seen you play. I have seen you obviously press "C" and "F" in combination with the other movement keys!!!

IT"S MAGIC!

Posted Image

I'll tell you a secret the "N" and "H" key can make you see better. Don't spread that are around because it would ruin your rep as a Mech Wizard.

Seriously tho there's no reason to sweat the angst driven typing of the mechkinly challenged, block or ignore.

#29 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:49 AM

I think I saw either the devs or someone h4xing once.

I saw a stalker with a few mechs standing next to it, disappear and literally teleport all over the map.

Like one second there were standing in one place. The next second their group was standing somewhere else 400 meters away.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 24 October 2016 - 09:50 AM.

#30 ALEXANDER CARLYLE

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:11 AM

Hackers and hacks exist otherwise PGI would not include a cheating report option. Its lucrative otherwise the hack companies would not sell the hacks and risk suit.

They are destroying and killing the game. Its up to PGI to address this, or not, and watch the player base leave or not.

Oh.. by the way.. PGI's code states that it is forbidden to talk about hacks or cheats or accuse people of this.

So "Be quiet and spend money" is the PGI motto.

Edited by ALEXANDER CARLYLE, 01 November 2016 - 06:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users