#21 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostMalzel, on 02 January 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

And 2014 is not going to make or break MWO, because MWO is already succeeding. We already have lots of mechs to choose from and lots of maps to play them on, weapon balance has never been better, and the community is thriving despite all of the forum doomsaying. Right now, we have a pretty fun team-based shooter game, and that's all that really matters. Sure, we all want CW, but really, CW is just going to provide context to how we play the game, not drastically revolutionize the experience.

MWO's biggest problems, the largest obstacles it has to overcome, are the unreasonable expectations of its players. People come into this game expecting Jesus H. Christ to descend from on high in a golden Warhammer and deliver all of his faithful Battletech fans to the Promised Land, where all of their dreams and nostalgia are fulfilled. They get so caught up in what they want MWO to be, that they never see what MWO is, and MWO is a pretty good game.

If you like MWO right now, good news! 2014 is just going to make it better and better. If you don't like the game right now, then you should probably just move on to something else, because you're not going to magically like it once a shiny map of the Inner Sphere arrives.

Youre absolutely right dude, MW:O is a great geame, and definately better than the most of F2P titles its always getting compared to by dissapointed players.

But I got one question for you. What the **** stands the H. in Jesus H. Christ for? ;)

#22 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

Honestly, TL,DR.

And Mal, no offense but there's a lot of things skewed with the way you see things with MWO. I'm not going to nitpick or even mention any of them, simply because it'll result in another TL,DR post that will spawn a never-ending discussion of not reading and posting on feelings on why the other person is wrong.

Basically, you can look at this game 3 ways:
1) A total failure of broken dreams and promises (the pessimist view)
2) A game still in *open* beta that has a long way to go and with those broken promises has a long march towards a real launch (the realist view)
3) A good game that will succeed, has some problems but is nothing that can't be fixed (the optimist view)

Or some variation thereof.

Edited by Damon Howe, 03 January 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#23 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 03 January 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

Honestly, TL,DR.

And Mal, no offense but there's a lot of things skewed with the way you see things with MWO. I'm not going to nitpick or even mention any of them, simply because it'll result in another TL,DR post that will spawn a never-ending discussion of not reading and posting on feelings on why the other person is wrong.

Basically, you can look at this game 3 ways:
1) A total failure of broken dreams and promises (the pessimist view)
2) A game still in *open* beta that has a long way to go and with those broken promises has a long march towards a real launch (the realist view)
3) A good game that will succeed, has some problems but is nothing that can't be fixed (the optimist view)

Or some variation thereof.

for me its a mix between 2 and 3

#24 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

I think Malzel's points are solid. I'm a bit of a pessimist, but when I do sit back and think, I do love MWO at its core, and CW will only make it better. And having balanced clan tech IS more important than when its introduced, simply because the gnashing of teeth if it was broken or gimped would be unbearable.

And honestly, I've been playing MW4:Mercs a bit lately, and I gotta say, MWO is a massive improvement over that game in terms of balance and mechanics. The storyline can't be beat, but pinpoint lasers, massive range, un-dodge-able missiles. Its rough.

I say long live MWO and may the gods send their divine influence to PGI so that they may give us a vessel through which to honor them in battle!

#25 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 03 January 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

But I got one question for you. What the **** stands the H. in Jesus H. Christ for? :D

Pretty sure it's "Hallowed". Matthew 6:9-10 says: Our heavenly father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. If not that, I'd guess "Harvey".

View PostDamon Howe, on 03 January 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

Honestly, TL,DR.

So you didn't read my posts, except you did, and you don't agree with them, but you aren't going to explain why, because you don't want to start a discussion, except you posted about it.

I'm getting mixed messages, bby, so I'll just assume it's a subtle tsundere advance, which I accept. :D

#26 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostMalzel, on 03 January 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

I'm getting mixed messages, bby, so I'll just assume it's a subtle tsundere advance, which I accept. :D

You miserable geek :D

#27 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostMalzel, on 03 January 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

So you didn't read my posts, except you did, and you don't agree with them, but you aren't going to explain why, because you don't want to start a discussion, except you posted about it.

......baka.

More or less, but my point was I don't want to start a long drawn out discussion of things we have no real control over. Which is what I was sorely tempted to do before my computer restarted.

#28 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

While I agree with the positive things going for MWO right now, and I enjoy the game myself, all I can do is look at my own unit and see the attrition. Out of a roster of 130 pilots, we're down to less than 10 that play with any regularity, and even then, I rarely catch them online when I'm on myself. Most have said they are waiting for CW to get active again...new maps and mechs just aren't keeping them interested.

#29 sgt scout

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

Yes, that's it forum goers ! PGI needs your blind faith ! Convince yourselves that community warfare could not work out without the clans ! Convince yourselves that the 80+ variations of inner sphere mechs are not enough to test the mechanics of community warfare ! Buy more stuffs ! more money for the smallest amount of information you could have about the product you are paying for !

Loyalty points aren't even in the game yet ! You guys all paid for a loyalty bonuses did you not ? Thats right forum goers, forget the past, think of the future, you can only be a true mechwarrior if you pay for early access to the first wave of clan mechs ! But save up ! more mechs are needed to test community warfare! By 2015 we will have clan reinforcements ! But don't worry community warfare's out soon !

The longer people buy this package stuff the better. Ill spend £6.00 for shadow warrior and unlock every mech in Hawken for free, ill use my Highlander's and Cataphracts to pop those ghost heated clan mechs from time to time though.
You gullible guys and girls are needed and appreciated buy both PGI and players like myself ! The world will not revolve without you!

#30 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Please take this to General Discussion where it belongs. Leave us Norsemen alone to have grown up conversations.

The reason people play MWO is because it is Battletech, not some cheap knock off designed to cater to the twitch gaming console crowd. We know the game has problems, stop repeating arguments every one has heard a million times over.

#31 sgt scout

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

You miss understand me, im not arguing with any one. I also play this game mainly because it is Battletech. That does not change any thing however. You say i mention "flaws of the game", I have said nothing of the sort. I am reminding you what you are paying for, paid for and going to pay for.

#32 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

Well if I get too sad I just go play Blender Battletech or Assault Tech. Either way, the toxic posts do nothing for the community.

#33 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Whatever may happen, let's just end this one with Happy New Year, or Saell Nyr Ar! (if the translation is right)

#34 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

Thats whats great about the FRR community.
We had one of those topics that seem to always end in the same {Scrap}. And still we needed an outsider to turn it into the directionless crying all the other parts of this forum are full of.

#35 chaos585

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 100 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Just all the more reason that those of us who bear the FRR colors wear them with pride.

#36 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

There's one thing I've noticed concerning the clan packages, many are complaining (with most doing do rightly I might add) about the Golden Mech Packs pricing, hell even Angry Joe spoke of it negatively in his recent video....but I've yet to hear anyone complaining about Star Citizen's much higher spaceship pricing which I think it was about 1000 for one ship and a hangar, and it's not even an actual game yet (but i may be wrong or it may have been updated).

Edited by Magic Murder Bag, 04 January 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#37 sgt scout

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Star citizen prices are a little crazy but it is different from the clans package. The star citizen deals are closer to the original founder deals. You are paying for a few extras to kick start a game you are passionate about, the minimum early access kick starter deal is $30 i think. Same as the original minimum MWO founders package.
I still think Star citizen prices are crazy and all the features they promised in that game will probably only be functional in 10 years or so.

The Clan package differs from the founder/kick starter type deals because MWO is already established and released. Perhaps its getting more complaints because all MWO has been for the past year is Hero mechs and packages. Which all account for nothing when chucked into pug games. I was an elite founder and upgraded it after being accepted into early access/closed beta because i was happy with how the game played and looked. I upgraded to legendary because i wanted to support the development of the game, i didnt give a dam about the mechs at the time as i was enjoying my atlass.

I think the people paying 1k for a ship and hanger know the price is crazy but they have enough faith in the game and Chris Roberts that they just do not care.

#38 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

View Postsgt scout, on 04 January 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Star citizen prices are a little crazy but it is different from the clans package. The star citizen deals are closer to the original founder deals. You are paying for a few extras to kick start a game you are passionate about, the minimum early access kick starter deal is $30 i think. Same as the original minimum MWO founders package.
I still think Star citizen prices are crazy and all the features they promised in that game will probably only be functional in 10 years or so.

The Clan package differs from the founder/kick starter type deals because MWO is already established and released. Perhaps its getting more complaints because all MWO has been for the past year is Hero mechs and packages. Which all account for nothing when chucked into pug games. I was an elite founder and upgraded it after being accepted into early access/closed beta because i was happy with how the game played and looked. I upgraded to legendary because i wanted to support the development of the game, i didnt give a dam about the mechs at the time as i was enjoying my atlass.

I think the people paying 1k for a ship and hanger know the price is crazy but they have enough faith in the game and Chris Roberts that they just do not care.

Ah, never saw it that way, guess reading through all of the the MWO forum vitriol in the past 4 months diluted my noggin to a degree....my bad. As far as this game goes, we'll see how much PGI has learned from 2013 and see how they fare this year (though I suspect the "vocal minority" may make it difficult).

Edited by Magic Murder Bag, 04 January 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#39 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

View PostMagic Murder Bag, on 04 January 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

hell even Angry Joe spoke of it negatively in his recent video....

WTF!? Suddenly people tell me that ******* Angry Joe talks bad about MW:O. Hell who is that dude that his words are so importent. Oh yeah, I forgot, hes just some dude, he is not a journalist, not a buisinessman, just some ordinary dude who is angry about everything and never says something positive.
Lets listen to him populists are always right, or are they?

#40 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 01 January 2014 - 02:08 AM, said:

I didn't mention a time, I just said I was first, there wasn't any other posts in the FRR thread as of this year... so there for I was first. Time or not.

Most amazingly it only took 1 post until someone rebutted you.

ahhh....the joy of trolling on the internetz... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users