71 replies to this topic

#41 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

I wish they would lock the faction forums to give access only to those flying the appropriate faction banner, and if someone changes their banner to a different faction, all their posts in the previous faction are automatically deleted. No ninja-flopping factions! ;)

Edited by Sarsaparilla Kid, 05 January 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#42 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

yeah, at least the FRR forums ... were a bit xenophobic after all ;)

#43 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

that wouldn't work for those of us who fly one faction, but are of a merc unit for another faction.

#44 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Got a point, Fluffy, but not everyone has a complicated backstory, either. Maybe mercs could come and go if they have contracts with that particular faction at the time.

At some point, I envision there will need to be private forums for each faction to make strategic plans in secrecy. I think FRR already has a forum for FRR units to join, though I don't know how tight the security is to make sure members have the appropriate credentials.

#45 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Personally, I don't mind outsiders being able to drop by and look around, because I can't think of anything we would discuss on the forums that we'd want keep secret, but we'll see how CW turns out. I suppose if there is any prior planning or overarching strategy that falls within our reach, then having the forums locked to their respective factions would be worthwhile.

If that's the case, I expect that once CW's "association" phase arrives, you won't be able to use one faction's icon but serve with another or a merc corp. If you're a faction player, you fly that faction's colors, and if you're a merc, you have to use the merc option. Since our forum profiles are tied to our game profiles, the game will know who's an FRR-affiliate and who isn't, so it's an issue that will eventually solve itself.

#46 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

I think any expectation of 'privacy' on a public forum is inherently doomed to fail.

Should we get to the point of mass-group strategy, it should be done with the following things in mind:
1) Private forums to control who is/isn't given access to information
2) Limitations on who can/cannot access the forums (or certain sections) within the FRR
3) Outside confirmations (email exchanges, etc) to ensure that the members of said forum are who they say they are

And even with all that in mind, leaks will happen.

#47 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

Pretty much.

#48 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 05 January 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Got a point, Fluffy, but not everyone has a complicated backstory, either. Maybe mercs could come and go if they have contracts with that particular faction at the time.

At some point, I envision there will need to be private forums for each faction to make strategic plans in secrecy. I think FRR already has a forum for FRR units to join, though I don't know how tight the security is to make sure members have the appropriate credentials.

Unfortunatly, in a F2P game where you can make limitless numbers of accounts, it will not work :/

#49 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

If we really want to plan coordinated action for the CW we should open a seprate FRR forum were only the members of units who participate are accepted.
Thats the only way for other factions to read it.
But I think we will need to wait for CW to figure out if we even need to.

#50 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:25 AM

Another year passes and the FRR is one year closer to becoming part of Clan Ghost Bear.

#51 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

We already talked with those guys. Turns out they are just a bunch of OK guys.
We´ll let them through straight into Davion Space.

Edited by Klappspaten, 06 January 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#52 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 06 January 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

Another year passes and the FRR is one year closer to becoming part of Clan Ghost Bear.

clan ghost who? I don't know what you're talking about, all I know is some children who left the inner sphere a while ago, and now some pirate activity, Clans... sigh, sounds like a bunch of religious nuts or something. Next you'll be telling us theres somebody named blake or something like that.

#53 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

The fact that somebody from the DC doesn't know who Blake is just shows that their education system is really really poor. He was the founder of Comstar.

#54 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

Nope, Blake was the Minister of Communication in the Star League.

#55 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

We may also consider doing some strategic planning via Teamspeak...could easily lock channels there.

#56 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 06 January 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Nope, Blake was the Minister of Communication in the Star League.

He also formed Comstar 3 years after being appointed.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/ComStar

In 2788, Blake took control of Terra and declared it a neutral world. He offered secure interstellar communication to all Successor States that would pledge to respect the neutrality of the HyperPulse generator stations and personnel. The Inner Sphere leaders recognized that open communications were crucial to their survival and agreed to Blake's demands marking the beginning of the order of ComStar. Blake created the First Circuit to administer ComStar's affairs and fostered a "secret brotherhood" mentality among ComStar's members in order to keep the secrets of the Star League safe.

Blake did a bunch of stuff. From Minister of Communications, to Forming ComStar to taking over Earth and telling the Star Lords they could pound sand if they didn't like it.

#57 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

Quote From Jerome Blake.

People of the former Star League. I am Jerome Blake, Prime Administrator of ComStar. As of now, 0900 hours Terran Standard Time, military forces under my direct command have seized control of the Sol star system. ComStar is now officially in control of Terra and all former Star League facilities remaining in the system. From this time forward, I proclaim Terra and the entire Sol system as neutral under the protection of ComStar, under the terms and conditions of the Communications Protocol of 2787. As the previous broadcast has made clear, ComStar has sufficient military force to defend the homeworld of mankind from any aggressor.

Our goals are peaceful. We seek the unity and prosperity of mankind. This action was taken to save life in the devastating war that is unfolding. ComStar will continue to offer its communications services to all member states, as long as the Sol system and our neutrality are honored.

The more you know....

#58 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

I would like to state, the Educational schools on Trondheim were different than those of the Core DCMS worlds, and when it was given back to the FRR, Schooling became... harder.
http://mwomercs.com/...inavian-plains/
(back stories are important)

#59 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 06 January 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

I would like to state, the Educational schools on Trondheim were different than those of the Core DCMS worlds, and when it was given back to the FRR, Schooling became... harder.
http://mwomercs.com/...inavian-plains/
(back stories are important)

Source?

#60 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 06 January 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

If we really want to plan coordinated action for the CW we should open a seprate FRR forum were only the members of units who participate are accepted.
Thats the only way for other factions to read it.
But I think we will need to wait for CW to figure out if we even need to.

There already is one: http://kungsarme.enjin.com/home

Its somewhat defunct at the moment but I'm currently talking to the current site owner to see if he'll transfer ownership as he is no longer really into MWO (he also defected to Steiner :lol: )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users