Please Let Us Put Camo Patterns On Founders, Hero, Phoenix And Invasion Mechs

113 replies to this topic

Poll: Please Let Us Put Camo Patterns On Founders, Hero, Phoenix And Invasion Mechs (385 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to be able to select camo patterns on Founders, Hero, Phoenix and Invasion Mechs?

1. Yes (352 votes [91.43%])

Percentage of vote: 91.43%

2. No (33 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Even with adding in the standard patterns, the Phoenix and Founders mechs would still look unique due to the unique geometry parts looking different. Since the unique geometry is tacked on and are separate textures, it wouldn't have any effect what-so-ever.

The question is whether or not the new Clan mechs, which the Invasion variants are significantly sleeker and thus much more unique, would they be compatible? I don't mind if their 'unique' parts won't match the patterns. It adds some diversity.

Edited by Koniving, 16 June 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#42 Blackhound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

My vote is yes.

#43 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

For camo's I voted No, because these kinds of mechs are unique, and should stay that way.

However, the fact that we are buying these mechs, especially the Hero mechs, and can't use the COLORS on other mechs is baffling to me. I paid not only for my Heavy Metal and Firebrand, but I also paid for the colors.

If I want to paint all my mechs power pink, then I should be able to (not that I would ever be caught dead doing it though), but it should be my choice if I so choose.

The hero mech colors need to be unlockable.

#44 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostCaine2112, on 27 June 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

For camo's I voted No, because these kinds of mechs are unique, and should stay that way.

Unique like in everyone looks the same? :)

#45 XMARXdotCOM

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:03 AM

Yes, of course we should be able to change the camo and colors.

I hadn't realized the Firebrand was covered with Satanic imagery until after I'd bought it, not being able to change the camo, I just sold it. I don't want that in my inventory and should have been able to change the camo to get rid of it.

This is a no-brainer...

#46 F R A N C I S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

yes totally agree...

I'd really like to be able to customise my Prime clan variants... I can't see how they are actually different... can someone show me?

#47 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

If someone is willing to pay for it then give them the option.

#48 Wabbit Swaya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the cockpit of a BJ, annoying the hell outta someone for wasting a medium slot.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

Ok, wasn't gonna say a thing...until the one guy says and I quote "I hadn't realized the Firebrand was covered with Satanic imagery until after I'd bought it, not being able to change the camo, I just sold it"

Did you NOT look a picture of it on your purchase screen, it has "From Hell" and a grinning "devil" on the front of it, and it's covered in flames to boot.

That my trolling friend is just utter stupidity on your own part, and idiot fool and his money are soon departed as they say.

And just so you know, the Firebrand was the first hero, heck the first mech I bought for this game. Still have it, gave it light blue flames and white devil face on a dark blue body. I hope it doesn't offend you sensitive sensibilities...that's sarcasm by the way.

Edited by Wabbit Swaya, 29 July 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#49 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

Not sure if someone already mentioned it, but let's say you are part of a unit with a color scheme that involves 3 colors. Now if you want to use the Yen-Lo-Wang you can only use 2 of those 3 colors. Another problematic mech is the Ember, where you can only change the color of some highlights, but the mech will remain mostly light-blue-greyisch, hence not fitting in with the rest of your unit/team. Not so good!

Edit: It's only peanuts but i would spend MCs on this for the EMBER, that's for sure! And i would do it without complaining ^^

Edited by Myke Pantera, 29 July 2014 - 05:11 AM.

#50 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

Please, please, please, please, Please, PLEAse, PLEASE let us change the camo on these mechs!

#51 LACMAN

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

I would only agree they put custom patterns (letters and so)

#52 JudgeRW

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDFW area, TX

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

PGI: Make. This. Happen.

#53 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

I voted NO because I find all of the complaints of "satanaic" 'mechs to be highly entertaining.

Besides, The Seraphim would be OP if they could use the Firebrand.

Nerf the Seraphim!

#54 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

So with IGPs sales models gone and all that player appreciation programs going on - PGI can we, your loyal paying hero and package mech customers please get the freedom to individualize our mechs like everyone else?

#55 Snowseth

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

Also, all camos that come with a pack (Hotrod, upcoming Clan camos, etc) should be available for free to appropriate Pack Mechs (i.e.; Clan Camos should be applicable to all Prime variants, Hotrod to all Phoenix variants, etc)

#56 oldhasu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

Bump for the good suggestion. Would love to paint some of my clan PRIME(I)s in different camos. You are missing some money here PGI! You were always good at collecting $ for mechs and paints, cmon! :3

#57 Scorcher

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

I believe the main argument for camo specs is that most people would like to display their faction or unit livery on their mechs and have that tied to a mech that has a 30% c-bill bonus or the right set of hardpoints. Right now by having locked camo specs are limited in showing their unit 'identity'.

Definitely in favor of this idea, especially with community warfare around the corner.

Edited by Scorcher, 22 September 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#58 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

As a loyal customer who has spent over $1,300 on this game, I must once again voice my dissenting opinion:

PGI, please keep the unique 'Mechs unique.

These people willingly purchased items that were explicitly described as unique (geometry, pattern, etc.). Diluting that part of this game would be bad.

#59 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

For the Hero mechs & Founders: color change is enough the make them "different."

If I see a mech that's too far for my radar to give info on I like to be able to ID the target based on it's special -- or non-special -- camo.
I do not want anyone to be able to "hide" that they are in an Ilya Muromets (just an example) by giving it a "Pirate" paint job or whatever.
PGI, don't allow anyone to change the Founder's & Hero mech camo please.

If you don't agree, that's alright. You're entitled to your opinion :P

#60 Bagor Aga

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 530 posts
  • Locationramat.:gan

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:29 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 22 September 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

As a loyal customer who has spent over $1,300 on this game, I must once again voice my dissenting opinion:

PGI, please keep the unique 'Mechs unique.

These people willingly purchased items that were explicitly described as unique (geometry, pattern, etc.). Diluting that part of this game would be bad.

1. why should I care how much you spent?
2. I stopped to collect hero mech's because of camouflage - I was forced to spend additional money to make this 'unique' to look like something I LIKE. And I realized that colors are VERY related to embedded light , they differ from map to map.
3. Why do you mean that allowing additional camo is making mech common?!! 2 IM or 3 YenLo on same map aren't common?
4. All you problem is in fact you spent money and can't stand system could be changed. What if this change will bring additional transactions to company, you eager founder?

For me, the most disappointing thing in Clan Pack is camo limitation. Instead of being happy of bundle purchase I am deprived with ugly look of prime's. I bought bundle because I don't have time to grind much. But I use ugly camo , feel myself limited, feel looking out of clan colours and still grinding... what a gift I got for money! That's crazy to deprivate the customer in F2P for purchase.

Even the PGI want comply with 'unique' design of Heroics, why not to add stripes to primes? or dotted line... even Excel is much funnier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users