Please Let Us Put Camo Patterns On Founders, Hero, Phoenix And Invasion Mechs

113 replies to this topic

Poll: Please Let Us Put Camo Patterns On Founders, Hero, Phoenix And Invasion Mechs (385 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to be able to select camo patterns on Founders, Hero, Phoenix and Invasion Mechs?

1. Yes (352 votes [91.43%])

Percentage of vote: 91.43%

2. No (33 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:58 AM

For Founder (OK I won't change them)
Phoenix and Invasion Mechs - there could be an alternative for changing camouflage.

Players are given the choice - once per Mech - to exchange the Prime (Phoenix) Mechs with unique geometry for a Mech with normal geometry - the C-Bill Bonus however should remain

#62 Bagor Aga

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 530 posts
  • Locationramat.:gan

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:07 AM

please make attention on this thread

#63 JRR1285

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:13 PM

I want to send this to the top since I have been wanting more customization options for the Founders/Phoenix/Invasion 'mechs for some time. I really like customizing the looks of my other 'mechs but they don't give the c-bill bonus I get with the special pre-order ones.

The paint jobs on the Invasion 'mechs are pretty boring overall even with the ability to change the colors.

#64 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:05 AM

Bump.

Please put this on the worklist PGI. It doesn't have to be tomorrow, but if you could mention it and say, "Yes, we hear you on this but it'll have to wait until X project is complete" I think we'd all understand and appreciate it.

Regards,
Mitsuragi

#65 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

I know this will make me extremely unpopular , but I have to say , the idea of being able to change the founder's and hero mech camos is just silly and here is why I think so.

1. When you pay for a hero, the most unique thing about it is the camo. why would you want to change it ? which bring me to point
2. The only reason to want to change said camo , is so you blend in on the battle field ..with your ultra unique mech. It's dishonest gaming imho. The hero and founders mechs come with some really nice bells and whistles, being able to single them out on the field sort of "levels" off that advantage.
3. If PGI allowed camo swaps on those mechs they'd loose the largest form of marketing for those mechs. It would make no financial sense for PGI to allow you to hide the fact you own a special MC mech. since the casual onlooker would not recognize them as such nor would they see a pretty unique camo that says "buy me".

The idea is just silly, not saying there never needs to be a poll I just don't understand why every one is voting yes on this. Personally I proudly wear those camos (on my founder and hero mech) when I march into battle and so what if it makes me a target. If I can't stand the heat the i'll just stay out of the proverbial kitchen.

#66 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostDemon Horde, on 12 October 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

This is your very personal point of view and this is fine. I for example buy them for the c-bill boost and not having to c-bill grind them. Yet I still want to be able to put on my teams colors and patterns. Or I simply dislike the forced on patterns on some of the founders, hero, phoenix, invasion and loyality mechs (FHPIL-mechs).

We allready discussed in many threads that players do buy FHPIL-mechs for different reasons. If you want your FHPIL-mechs to look exactly as advertised you still will be able to play them in that exact look even if the option to put different camo on them is implemented. Have it your way, but don't tell me which shirt I have to wear myself ok?

So, and this is shown very clearly by this threads poll, the vast majority of players is dissatisfied with the FHPIL-mechs inability to change camo for a lot of reasons. To offer this majority of players the option to individualize their mechs is needed and it does by no way compromise those players who want to keep the advertised camo on their FHPIL-mechs.

With CW around the corner the ability to color your mech in your units or teams parade colors or appropriate camo is getting more and more important. Just imagine a Sword of Light Regiment in plain red and now there is a baby blue ember in every second lance?

The decision to limit paying customers in their abilities to optically individualize their mechs (which also will bring PGI money) is plain wrong for a F2P title. The most successfull titles earn a lot of money by optical individualization only as people are willing to pay for that and it does not inflict game balance. So it's a great way and PGI should go it.

I do not accept the often mentioned unique geometry excuse. Those differences in geometry are so minor that in most cases you can allready use the standard variant skins without much problems beneath those bolted on geometry changes. A simple filter implementation to adapt skin to geometry will do for those minor extra parts. Heck even WoT managed to do it for every tank configuration for every camo. So really this is a doable task.

The arguments brought forward in this thread clearly show that PGI would make the vast majority of players happy and earn money with adding camo options to FHPIL-mechs, without impairing anybody as those players who want to keep their camo simply won't use that option.

Edited by Ryoken, 15 October 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#67 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:56 PM

2. The only reason to want to change said camo , is so you blend in on the battle field ..with your ultra unique mech. It's dishonest gaming imho. The hero and founders mechs come with some really nice bells and whistles, being able to single them out on the field sort of "levels" off that advantage.

That is a joke right?
Do you know that the current colors of my Heros is - "recruit" green - the "standard" camo of all mechs.... - so i can blend.

to give me the ability to add a camo pattern of my choice won't change that

Edited by Karl Streiger, 16 October 2014 - 11:56 PM.

#68 kazlaton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

1. When you pay for a hero, the most unique thing about it is the camo. why would you want to change it ?

No. The most unique thing about them is the 30% cbill boost, and hardpoints (and sometimes engine cap or mobility). Nobody buys an invasion mech for the "unique" camo pattern.

The hero and founders mechs come with some really nice bells and whistles, being able to single them out on the field sort of "levels" off that advantage.

You must be one of those pilots who never presses the "R" key. If you did, you would realize that it tells you exactly what mech you are looking at. And since colors and patterns fade out over distance, it's much more reliable. And since you can still paint your hero a solid color, someone could still blend in if that is really what they wanted.

3. If PGI allowed camo swaps on those mechs they'd loose the largest form of marketing for those mechs. It would make no financial sense for PGI to allow you to hide the fact you own a special MC mech. since the casual onlooker would not recognize them as such nor would they see a pretty unique camo that says "buy me".

Again, press your "R" key. Barring that (if there is ECM around) you can still see exactly what mechs your opponents used on the after match summary screen. Personally, looking down the list and saying "Frak, that Dragon Slayer had a lot of kills" is a much, much bigger sales incentive than "Oh look, a silly paint job on that lumbering death machine".

Edited by kazlaton, 18 October 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#69 c o r k

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

Throwing my vote in -

Primes and heroes are premium items. Just seems silly to give them fewer cosmetic customization options.

More customization probably means more people will buy them. It will DEFINITELY mean more people buying camo patterns.

#70 Lhaim

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

PGI pls!

#71 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:22 AM

A clear and resounding " YES !!! " to this request .

#72 Bagor Aga

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

...new wave of mechs is coming in ugly single adidas stipes, how long?!

#73 Bagor Aga

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:50 PM

Nobody uses default Invasion colors, NO ONE! Please give me option to use my clan pattern at least! Black Grey and Brown are not canonical but most used for primes. You wanna make me target?! Ok, I'll wear emergency staff colors, but gimme patterns!

#74 CimaGarahau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWesternmost Germany

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:57 PM

Agree to this opinion!

#75 Biohack

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

bump

#76 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

I didn't buy the founders mechs because they were unique, I bought them to help support the game. I have been playing since BETA and this has been suggested before. I would love to be able to change the pattern and tertiary color on my founders mechs so that they would match my clan/unit colors and patterns. I do not see any reason to not be able to change them. If someone wants to keep their original colors and patterns on a founder, hero, limited addition mech that should be their choice.

#77 Bagor Aga

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 530 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

Posted Image

Does this mean Prime of Wave II will have _pattern?!

#78 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:06 PM

Yes, please give me the option to put our dark lord and master on every mech and you'll get my money for sure.

#79 baropara

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:10 AM

any sign of changes?

#80 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:16 AM

View Postbaropara, on 23 November 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

any sign of changes?

Well till now I heared nothing new on the camo pattern front. I got to check if my questions to the last town hall meeting regarding that topic got answered. But as there is so much money lying on the floor for PGI to pick up, I guess we will be heared some day!

View PostBagor Aga, on 18 November 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Does this mean Prime of Wave II will have _pattern?!

Very good Question Bagor Aga! From the text it sounds like that.
Experience tells, despite what the text says, they will cheat out the Invasion variants despite how illogic it is not to be able to put our purchased Clan camo patterns on our purchased Clan Invasion mechs... :(

...but I still got hope... so maybe... I mean how gorgeous the Invasion mechs would look in Smoke Jaguar pattern, or Ghost Bear pattern, or Polygon, or Woodland... :wub:

Edited by Ryoken, 25 November 2014 - 09:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users