39 replies to this topic

#1 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

Well, after well over a year of playing this game, I've made a number of observations and looked at some statistics. I'd like to share some of my findings with you in the form of a number of graphs.

These aren't entirely accurate, unlike my previous statistics thread, but they do give you a rough idea of what's going on in MWO today.

I welcome you to contribute with your own graphs, if you've done the necessary research.

These are based on my personal experience and experiences. Your mileage may vary. Keep flaming to a minimum, I'd rather this thread stay away from K-town.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

Brilliant.

#3 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:41 AM

loved it

#4 Asmudius Heng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

made me chuckle, especially the role warfare bit and the flanking one :P

#5 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

much truth in this, also funny... gj :P

#6 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:30 AM

Typically when you say "flank", people imagine #2, and perform #3 while getting into position for a simultaneous #4!

A sort of sneaky Braveheart flank :P.

#7 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

All the other gaming ELO systems I'm familiar with do result in that semi-bell-curve shape. Huh.

#8 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

PGI promises aggressive balancing >>> NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS, loved it.

Edited by Chavette, 09 January 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:54 AM

As a joke is was very well targeted. In fact it was made funnier cause of how true it was!

#10 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:40 AM

10/10! I'll cover ur 6 any time.

#11 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

View PostChavette, on 09 January 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

PGI promises aggressive balancing >>> NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS, loved it.

What they gave us Skirmish. You mean you are not amuse! All the aggression with out a easy win button... Balanced towards aggression! :P

#12 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:52 AM

Thanks A Lot! Blue Pie! :P

#13 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:21 AM

I see much less use of (ER)PPCs than what your first graph suggests. In fact, more often than not I am the only one I see using them, especially ERPPCs.

As for the rest, my current gaming experience suggests that you are either joking/sarcastic, or I am in Elo heaven. So either way:

Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 09 January 2014 - 06:22 AM.

#14 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

One correction.. there were actually like three separate LRMPocalypses. So the LRM graph line needs more peaks.

Also, back in CB before they fixed the netcode, the ballistics and PPC's were way less used... Recall, there was actually a time where they buffed PPCs multiple times because so few folks were using them due to the hit detection issues.

Edited by Roland, 09 January 2014 - 06:55 AM.

#15 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostMystere, on 09 January 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

I see much less use of (ER)PPCs than what your first graph suggests. In fact, more often than not I am the only one I see using them, especially ERPPCs.
As for the rest, my current gaming experience suggests that you are either joking/sarcastic, or I am in Elo heaven. So either way:

Well, when I get molested by the "Lords" in their Highlander poptarts, I don't much care if they're using PPCs or ER PPCs.

I don't know what ELO heaven means. Is that playing with the best players or the worst players?

View PostRoland, on 09 January 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

One correction.. there were actually like three separate LRMPocalypses. So the LRM graph line needs more peaks.

My bad. I only remember the vertical pin-point surgical precision LRMs. Did that happen three times in open beta?

View PostRoland, on 09 January 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

Also, back in CB before they fixed the netcode, the ballistics and PPC's were way less used... Recall, there was actually a time where they buffed PPCs multiple times because so few folks were using them due to the hit detection issues.

I remember that. I used my AWS-8Q with 3 PPCs when no one else would even think of using PPCs. They all laughed at me.

I still use the AWS-8Q with 3 PPCs. But to be fair, they're still laughing at me.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 09 January 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#16 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 09 January 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

I don't know what ELO heaven means. Is that playing with the best players or the worst players?

It's neither. I define it as the state of maximum fun, where many battles are desperate ones fought to the bitter end, where stomps don't make you feel dirty (when winning) or bad (when losing), and where "meta" (OMFG!!! I really hate that word!) game play is not a concern (i.e. munchkins are put in their proper place :P).

#17 Varent

• 2,393 posts
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 09 January 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

Well, after well over a year of playing this game, I've made a number of observations and looked at some statistics. I'd like to share some of my findings with you in the form of a number of graphs.

These aren't entirely accurate, unlike my previous statistics thread, but they do give you a rough idea of what's going on in MWO today.

I welcome you to contribute with your own graphs, if you've done the necessary research.

These are based on my personal experience and experiences. Your mileage may vary. Keep flaming to a minimum, I'd rather this thread stay away from K-town.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I actually am seeing srm use increase quite abit with the release of alot more medium mechs. That may however just be my personal observation. Even with the hit detection issues they are still quite good. I would also say laser and ballistic use are remaining steady constants rather then moving. Totally agree with LRM and PPC. I wish lrm boating would come back into style and it does have its place but sadly most players fail to realize its potential and you actually have to have a lance working towards it to realize it wich alot of people dont like to do because they like big numbers and feeling like a hero. The ppc issue is mostly due to the strength of jump jets and how well ppc mech with them.

I would not say friendly fire has changed... honestly I remember logging into games at the start of closed beta and being unloaded on but I would say that it is becoming more malicious in intent in that alot of the players are becoming more jaded and angry.

Pretty much agree on most other charts =p

#18 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 09 January 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

It's when you still manage to have fun playing at least 80% of the time...and the other 20% can still be fixed by getting out of your chair and grabbing another drink.

#19 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

PPC use has dropped since the Agressive balancing. Not super significantly, but enough that the only reason usage isn't below balistics is because there are more energy slots. The days of the all PPC lights are mostly over though.

#20 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostBront, on 09 January 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

The days of the all PPC lights are mostly over though. The days of all the overpowered Awesome PPCs Mechs are mostly over though

Awesome's are the most powerful and feared Mech in MWO, so OP they got 0 Damage close range PPC's, single heat-sinks that take 2 hours to dissipate heat (gotta use "DUBS"), hotter than the sun PPC's, and wide as a bus. The Best.

Edited by General Taskeen, 09 January 2014 - 09:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users