#1 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

I see there has been at least one same thread.. in June 2012. So i want to make a new one for updating, fun and RP purposes! :P

I am sure as soon as Jaroth Corbett will get here he will start a political war .. I know his arguments and he (probably) remembers mine. It will be a tough fight! :rolleyes:

I wait for your ideas, trothkins.

p.s. after a poll made in my Clan forums some months ago the Wardens resulted being the majority with about 70%.

Myself, i am a Warden. I recognise however that the invasion has united bitter enemies like the FedCom and the Combine. In the new generations of rules lays the seed of peace and unity, so i still have some hope to enlight the Inner Sphere so the true Star League may born again and bring a new golden age to mankind! So it should be - so shall it be.

EDIT:
Whoops, forgot to add a poll. My apologies.. I will update the numbers here below!
EDIT 2:
COUNT:

WARDENS: 21
CRUSADERS: 9

01/10/14, 13:36 GMT: The Wardens are achieving an overwhelming victory! Come on Crusaders do not be shy! Tell us why you believe we should roflstomp and purge the Sphere.

EDIT 3: 01/18/14, 12:49 GMT: the Wardens are 4 times more than the Crusaders. The invasion in MWO will be quite interesting! :)

Edited by CyclonerM, 05 February 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#2 Dead one

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOn your flank

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

Crusader.

My personal opinion does not matter anyway, nor do I occupy my mind with thoughts other than those of battle and victory.

Seyla

#3 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

Warden. Who are we to conquer if the act of conquest turns us into what we claim to fight? The Inner Sphere is a mirror, and in it we see ourselves. An out stretched hand, not a balled fist, is the best way to enact meaningful change in those who have strayed.

However, do not mistake kindness or compassion for complacency or weakness. Those who seek to abuse will be excised like a laser scalpel to a tumor. Quickly. Cleanly.

#4 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

Crusader. If we just sit by and watch, then we will see another succession war after another. The tyrants that make up the rotten core of the "Great Houses" would love for us to remain exiles forever while they keep the IS plunged into a constant state of warfare.

However, I do think Clan culture needs to adapt to returning the IS. As exiles, we couldn't afford to waste any resourse and had to set in place strict codes of conduct for everyone. This dictated what civilians can buy and even zelbringen/trials code we fight by. We must adapt as we always have to become the restored star league that the IS needs and hopes for, and not the totalitarian Clans we have become to survive the black void.

Edited by FoxTrot05, 09 January 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#5 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

Ghost Bear. Conquer Rassalhague and protect it against everything.

In saying that, definitely more of a Warden personally, but a Spheroid first and foremost.

#6 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Warden.

After all it was the ancestors of the clans who had deserted their posts !!

#7 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

warden

As have always been a member of Clan Wolf, and it's pretty obvious Warden is the way to go, however, I think the clans should not simply ignore the Inner Sphere, but actively correspond with it. If anyone was worthy to lead the Star League or council the great houses and their lords, Ulric Kerensky would be it.

Imagine if the Clans went back in time and invaded while Aleksandr Kerensky was still commanding general and the SLDF was in the Inner Sphere. They would be treated as Invaders, wholly unwelcome in the Inner Sphere.

The star league may be long gone, but if the clans really want to lead the inner sphere to the new star league, they have to start by not holding absurd prejudices against spheroids and freeborns. If you want to save the world, you ought to start having a bit of faith in it.

The Clans had a remarkable chance to help lead the inner sphere to enlightemnent, and they threw it a way on 1 smoke jaguar's mad bid to rule it instead.

Edited by pbiggz, 09 January 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#8 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Warden. Following the words from the Hidden Hope Doctrine, I believe that the Clans were formed to protect the people of the Innersphere, from any threat including themselves and the Clans. To be a Crusader means that one day a Clan will rule and over time will corrupt themselves in the same manner as the Star League and the Great Houses became corrupt. Thus starting the cycle all over. Only as guardians can we overcome this cycle and end the corruption. I believe that this is what General Aleksandr Kerensky meant in his speech during the Great Exodus.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Wow. So many replies. And so many Wardens. I am still waiting for Jaroth's post however.. :)

Edited by CyclonerM, 09 January 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#10 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 January 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Wow. So many replies. And so many Wardens. I am still waiting for Jaroth's post however.. :rolleyes:

Well, he is not logged on to the CGB HPG, so he must be on a day off :)

I await his response as well, always enjoy his posts.

Warden here. We are here to watch over the corrupt inner sphere until the time comes they collapse upon themselves or an outside threat appears and the sphereoids require the assistance of the descendants of the Star League Defense Force.

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 09 January 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Well, he is not logged on to the CGB HPG, so he must be on a day off :)

I await his response as well, always enjoy his posts.

Warden here. We are here to watch over the corrupt inner sphere until the time comes they collapse upon themselves or an outside threat appears and the sphereoids require the assistance of the descendants of the Star League Defense Force.

No problem. I will wait..
I enjoy his posts as well but this time i am waiting for his one because he is likely to give me a big imput to start a nice discussion like the few we had some months ago in your TS server :rolleyes: Both of us was trying to convince each other. Without any result..

#12 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 January 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

No problem. I will wait..
I enjoy his posts as well but this time i am waiting for his one because he is likely to give me a big imput to start a nice discussion like the few we had some months ago in your TS server :) Both of us was trying to convince each other. Without any result..

I would like to hear the Crusader beliefs as well. It is always interesting to hear both sides of the argument and I love learning more about the lore and what went on.

#13 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 09 January 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

I would like to hear the Crusader beliefs as well. It is always interesting to hear both sides of the argument and I love learning more about the lore and what went on.

Lies, Hate, Greed, the Crusaders' way.

#14 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 09 January 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

True the majority of Crusaders seem that way but in lore there are a number of Crusaders that were honorable and believed that to save the Star League that the Clans, specifically their Clan, needed to conquer Terra and restore the Star League. Aidan Pryde, Joanna, Diana Pryde, Trent, and Marthe Pryde are all Crusaders that I can think of and they were honorable warriors.

Edited by FireSlade, 09 January 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#15 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Warden. I can see the 'why' of the Crusader perspective but I can only see their chosen course of action resulting in failure and explosions.

#16 Tai Bekker

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

(BTW this is all me being cheesy with the RP, so take it as entertainment.)

"Warden, the purpose of the clans should not be conquest or subjugation of the inner sphere. The purpose of the clans should be defense and guardianship as the Great Father wanted. If he, Great Kerensky, wished to supplant the cultures and communities of the Inner sphere with his ideals and beliefs he would not have left, but taken control when he had the chance, Quiaff?"

"Khan Bjorn Jorgensson was wise enough to realize what the purpose of the clans should be, and was strong enough to guide his clan home to the inner sphere. He proved the strength, honor and might of Clan Ghost Bear to be ready to take it's place as an example of right action among the successor states of the star league. We did not segregate ourselves like spoiled surat children who would wallow in self pity and and dangerous isolation, but stepped forward to lead, as we have since the days of the great founders Jorgensson and Tseng."

anyway cheese RP aside, yeah Warden.

Edited by David Lono, 09 January 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#17 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 09 January 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

I am puzzled Truthkin. Are you saying that is why you CHOOSE the Crusaders' way, or are you saying that IS the Crusaders' way? :D

#18 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostNathan K, on 09 January 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

I am puzzled Truthkin. Are you saying that is why you CHOOSE the Crusaders' way, or are you saying that IS the Crusaders' way? :ph34r:

I am a Warden, and the above post IS the crusader way :D

#19 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 09 January 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

I am a Warden, and the above post IS the crusader way :D

Ah. It may help me more to read ALL of one's posts befor making a reply to one. :ph34r: (The More You Know)

#20 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Warden
i believe most of CGB is, but we aren't entirely Warden, though i know a few of the known crusaders left a bit ago.... funny how things work out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users